Old 02-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
buzzardwhiskey
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 39
Default "Money" - ready for the mastering dude?

Before my plugins went South making it impossible to recreate the product as it is here, I luckily saved off a wav file that I think is pretty close.

Feel free to comment on my first DIY recording.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14n...3UoSKd_2vF6j0P
buzzardwhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #2
Cranky Emu
Human being with feelings
 
Cranky Emu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
Before my plugins went South making it impossible to recreate the product as it is here, I luckily saved off a wav file that I think is pretty close.

Feel free to comment on my first DIY recording.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14n...3UoSKd_2vF6j0P

Sounds pretty good, you have done well.
I am not familiar with this style of music, the vocal seems to get lost in some places, but I am sure a good mastering engineer will fix that. I like it
__________________
♫ C. Emu ♫
Cranky Emu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
msundh
Human being with feelings
 
msundh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,548
Default

Not everytime you hear country in this community!
I liked the mix. You have a good country voice.
__________________
Win10 64bit, Core i7 16GB, Focurite 18i8, Schecter Telecaster, Fender Japan Squire Stratocaster, Yamaha AC3R
https://soundcloud.com/mikaelsundh
msundh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #4
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 18,798
Default

Is it all you? As one of the tiny minority on here that DO work with variants of country, this is pretty nice. Vocal sounds like you have listened to Dennis Locorrier a fair bit! If it was me, I would want the bottom end of your vocal a little fatter and maybe a touch of compression.
__________________
Brexit Schmexit. Lets have a violent revolution instead. Bagsy the first go with a nuke! (Here, Moggy Moggy...)
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
buzzardwhiskey
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 39
Default

Thanks for the nice comments, guys!

This is NOT all me. My band is called Buzzard Whiskey. Here's a breakdown:

Me: vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, cello, harmonica, song-writing and recording and mixing
Travis: acoustic guitar, resonator guitar
Amy: background vocals
Stephen: electric guitar, sax, background vocals
Richard: electric bass, background vocals
buzzardwhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:00 PM   #6
buzzardwhiskey
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 39
Default

I've absolutely got to send this thing away. I could twiddle with it forever.

This version is maybe better? I don't know. I worked on the vocals quite a bit, trying to make them more full and warm on the bottom end.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zh...qSkcVmOEvXP_Mw
buzzardwhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:01 AM   #7
Cranky Emu
Human being with feelings
 
Cranky Emu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
I've absolutely got to send this thing away. I could twiddle with it forever.

This version is maybe better? I don't know. I worked on the vocals quite a bit, trying to make them more full and warm on the bottom end.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zh...qSkcVmOEvXP_Mw
Sounds good, send it. More you keep playing with it, the more performance you will loose.
__________________
♫ C. Emu ♫
Cranky Emu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:59 AM   #8
TheProbe
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 35
Default Sounds Great

A great song for a Thursday morn, love the sax. FWIW I think the second version sounds much better - the vocals are much stronger in the mix
TheProbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #9
buzzardwhiskey
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 39
Default

Yay! Our first DIY tune is finally published. I submitted it to CD Baby last night and noticed this morning that it's for sale.

http://store.cdbaby.com/cd/buzzardwhiskey3

I would assume that the other outlets such as Apple, Amazon and so on should have it within a week or so.
buzzardwhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #10
madpl
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 6
Default

For me is very good mastering, and feel profesional)
madpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #11
Cranky Emu
Human being with feelings
 
Cranky Emu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
Yay! Our first DIY tune is finally published. I submitted it to CD Baby last night and noticed this morning that it's for sale.

http://store.cdbaby.com/cd/buzzardwhiskey3

I would assume that the other outlets such as Apple, Amazon and so on should have it within a week or so.

Sounds good, what I could hear of it on the CD BaaBaa site.
Hope your experience with CD Baby is better than some others have had.
__________________
♫ C. Emu ♫
Cranky Emu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #12
buzzardwhiskey
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Emu View Post
Sounds good, what I could hear of it on the CD BaaBaa site.
Hope your experience with CD Baby is better than some others have had.
Now you've got me super curious! What aspect of their offering is problematic?

I don't expect to make any money from this, in fact I'm thousands in the hole... my tunes are a creative outlet, and publishing them to the "world" via CD Baby is really just a form of vanity.
buzzardwhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #13
Cranky Emu
Human being with feelings
 
Cranky Emu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
Now you've got me super curious! What aspect of their offering is problematic?

I don't expect to make any money from this, in fact I'm thousands in the hole... my tunes are a creative outlet, and publishing them to the "world" via CD Baby is really just a form of vanity.
Search Youtube and you will find a variety of lovers and haters. Some claim they have not been paid by CD Baby. The caveat here is that you don't always get to know the full story - people don't like to say when they have done wrong, so with some there may be more to it.

I have run-ins with their content ID a few times, where they will id things I have uploaded as a completely different song - to their credit they have always removed the claim without fuss.
__________________
♫ C. Emu ♫
Cranky Emu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.