Old 03-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #1
Patriots2007
Human being with feelings

Default VST PLugin issue

For some reason Reaper no longer sees EZrummer two as a plugin. The file path is C:\Program Files\Reaper(64)\EZdrummer.dll but is not there as an available plugin. I uninstalled EZdrummer and reinstalled but no luck. Both Reaper and the plugin are up to date. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Rich
Patriots2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
domzy

have you linked to this folder in the plugin settings (preferences / plugins / VST)?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:03 AM   #3
Patriots2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
have you linked to this folder in the plugin settings (preferences / plugins / VST)?
Had to move .dll file to program files\steinberg\vstplugins but I had to uninstall and re-install ez drummer and I lost the sounds in my project. I have to go back and change the drum pitches that I was using. Wish there was a way to just move the file but I could not figure it out.
Thanks for your help
Rich

Last edited by Patriots2007; 03-22-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Patriots2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:49 AM   #4
Edgemeal

REAPER needs to know the folder paths to where your plugins are installed, you can add/edit those paths in,
Preferences > Plugins > VST > Edit(button)
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:10 PM   #5
andrew grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots2007 View Post
For some reason Reaper no longer sees EZrummer two as a plugin. The file path is C:\Program Files\Reaper(64)\EZdrummer.dll but is not there as an available plugin. I uninstalled EZdrummer and reinstalled but no luck. Both Reaper and the plugin are up to date. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Rich
I always install VST's in Reaper/FX/Plugins and never have a problem. Just thought I'd mention it. Good Luck, Andrew
andrew grove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:44 AM   #6
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew grove View Post
I always install VST's in Reaper/FX/Plugins and never have a problem. Just thought I'd mention it. Good Luck, Andrew

OUCH! I am amazed you aren`t having all kinds of problems. That directory is reserved exclusively for Reapers own plugins, which are not standard VSTs.

Wondering how you are getting awaay with it...
Old 03-24-2019, 05:35 AM   #7
andrew grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
OUCH! I am amazed you aren`t having all kinds of problems. That directory is reserved exclusively for Reapers own plugins, which are not standard VSTs.

Wondering how you are getting awaay with it...
I never had a problem. Let me suggest something. In Program Data (I believe) There is a reapervst.ini file. Delete it and let reaper reconstruct it. I did that a time or two after deleting some VST's. Enjoy, Andrew
andrew grove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:28 AM   #8
drbam

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew grove View Post
I never had a problem. Let me suggest something. In Program Data (I believe) There is a reapervst.ini file. Delete it and let reaper reconstruct it. I did that a time or two after deleting some VST's. Enjoy, Andrew
Has anyone else tried what Andrew is suggesting? Sounds risky but I'm once again having issues with certain plugins not showing as available in Reaper although they are properly installed, registered, activated, etc. I just took advantage of the killer deal for Echo Boy ($49) but can't get it to show in my studio system (Win 7- 64). By default, Sound Toys installs in the steinberg vst folder and I've copied the dll to other VST folders I have and even did a reinstall directly to those folders but no fix. Tried rescanning several times and nothing. This isn't the first time I've experienced this issue. I had a hell of a time over a year ago getting one of the Valhalla Verbs (64) to show but can't remember what I did that finally was a fix. I installed Echo Boy on my office system (mac) and it's available in Reaper - no problem but its an AU plug there.

Thanks!
drbam is offline   Reply With Quote