Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #1
Swi
Human being with feelings

Default Strange quantize and other things

I had started using Reaper about 6 months ago. Loving it.

After building my template a few different ways I had an issue getting some of the quantizing in the main window scripts to work. They were all acting strangely in one way or another.

after trashing my prefs and rebuilding the quantize problem went away but there are a couple other things that are strange.

I have a second computer that I run reaper on to host picture. I have been using a JS plug to send MTC from my composing DAW to my picture DAW via rtpmidi.

After solving my quantize issue by rebuilding my prefs I had to change the time code value on my picture rig so it would be in sync with the incoming timecode. So it seems that in addition to fixing my quantizing issue, the timecode that is put out by this plugin is different that it was before, even though I have the same preset chosen. The Plugin I am using is the JS:vVIMTC Generator.

I still have my older template and even though the same plugin with the same preset is used to send MTC to my picture rig I have to change the framerate setting on the Picture rig in order for it to sync correctly?
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
Swi
Human being with feelings

So my project settings were set to 30 instead of 23.98. this caused the difference.
However, my quantize scripts stopped working again. But just in one session after working in it for an hour or so.

The next new session seemed to work fine.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote