Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default RE: ReVerb - Settings for HALL reverb (Short HALL)

Hey, ALL!

I got this reverb set up in ReVerb and I was following along with someone who was demonstrating how he sets up his effects for vocals. He mentioned that for his HALL Fx he called it a SHORT HALL which I get that it does not sound like an echo chamber or a church.

So, here is a picture of the reverb as it was at default when I set it up. I am just not sure which one of these settings I should be changing and how in order to properly make the HALL effect shorter and would appreciate your help.

When I look at it, the first thing that I see is the STRETCH setting which by default is set at 1.00 and I should move it to the left to make the 1.00 smaller.

How'ed I do?... Anything else I should be doing?

Thanks ....

Old 09-06-2021, 11:39 AM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
When I look at it, the first thing that I see is the STRETCH setting which by default is set at 1.00 and I should move it to the left to make the 1.00 smaller.

That might work sjs94704, it don't hurt to try.

Also looking at your picture , you should be able to shorten the IR (Impulse Response) "Max len:" control. It shows 2000-ms (2-seconds) in you picture, shorten that up until your satisfied. If you set it to 1000-ms, that would be 1-second, 500-ms would be a half a second, so on and so forth.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
sjs94704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
That might work sjs94704, it don't hurt to try.

Also looking at your picture , you should be able to shorten the IR (Impulse Response) "Max len:" control. It shows 2000-ms (2-seconds) in you picture, shorten that up until your satisfied. If you set it to 1000-ms, that would be 1-second, 500-ms would be a half a second, so on and so forth.
Hey, Tod! Thanks for the feedback! I'm still using that template you gave me so long ago! It works great! Thanks again for that ...
Old 09-06-2021, 10:10 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Hey, Tod! Thanks for the feedback! I'm still using that template you gave me so long ago! It works great! Thanks again for that ...
You're more then welcome Steven, I still use it too.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:56 AM   #5
sjs94704

Quote:
You're more then welcome Steven, I still use it too.
Hey! I just went and pulled the original template and wanted to check something with you, Tod. If you see that 'as is' for the routing, tracks 5 - 8 have master send turned on. I'm just checking. Is that the way it is supposed to be? I'm not sure how they got turned on, but I'm almost SURE they are NOT supposed to have the MASTER send turned on, correct?

Old 09-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #6
Tod

Quote:
Hey! I just went and pulled the original template and wanted to check something with you, Tod. If you see that 'as is' for the routing, tracks 5 - 8 have master send turned on. I'm just checking. Is that the way it is supposed to be? I'm not sure how they got turned on, but I'm almost SURE they are NOT supposed to have the MASTER send turned on, correct?
Hi Steven, I'm not familiar with your theme, but it all looks good to me. I see you're using parallel compression, but that's okay. Tracks 5 & 6 appear to be going to the "Sub Vocal" track, then 7 & 8 going to the "sub Mast" track.

Your routing looks just fine to me Steven.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #7
sjs94704

Quote:
Hi Steven, I'm not familiar with your theme, but it all looks good to me. I see you're using parallel compression, but that's okay. Tracks 5 & 6 appear to be going to the "Sub Vocal" track, then 7 & 8 going to the "sub Mast" track.

Your routing looks just fine to me Steven.
Hey! Take another look. You'll see that there is the 'M' also marked for those tracks. That's what I am focused on. Are they all supposed to be MASTER SENDS as well?
Old 09-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #8
ggrey

Greetings, I have a question (actually two) for you regarding your first post picture of ReaVerb. What and where does the [Check box] Trim/Gain/Stretch come from? I assume that is how you get ReaVerb to show all the options on the right side of the VST plug? But where does that option come from?

Also, my version 6.something (I just updated this week) only shows one IR file in the ReaVerb window. Yours has two IR files showing. Again I'll assume you selected one stereo IR file? I'm new to IR/convolution reverbs and would love to be able to recreate your use of ReaVerb!

Thanks
ggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:28 PM   #9
sjs94704

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrey View Post
Greetings, I have a question (actually two) for you regarding your first post picture of ReaVerb. What and where does the [Check box] Trim/Gain/Stretch come from? I assume that is how you get ReaVerb to show all the options on the right side of the VST plug? But where does that option come from?

Also, my version 6.something (I just updated this week) only shows one IR file in the ReaVerb window. Yours has two IR files showing. Again I'll assume you selected one stereo IR file? I'm new to IR/convolution reverbs and would love to be able to recreate your use of ReaVerb!

Thanks
Hi:
First of all, the IR I am using is in fact just one!. What your seeing in mine is that it is stereo left and right. The second thing is if after you add your file, you hit ADD again, then click on the option for trim/stretch and that will open up these choices your seeing in my pictures.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:35 PM   #10
sjs94704

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrey View Post

Thanks
Go here to find more impulses to download. They are in ZIP files, so unzip them and then you can pic them as you need them.

The usable impulses are in either .aif or .wav file format. There may be other file formats but those are the ones I have used so far.

https://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q...everb-Impulses
Old 09-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #11
Tod

Quote:
Hey! Take another look. You'll see that there is the 'M' also marked for those tracks. That's what I am focused on. Are they all supposed to be MASTER SENDS as well?
Okay Steven, if they are indeed going to the MASTER track, then they shouldn't be going there. The only track that should be going to the "Master" track is the "Mast FX" track.

The 2 "P COMP" & "P EQ/COMP" tracks are also going to the "Sub VOCAL" tack and that's okay. The "DELAY" & ""REVERB" are going to the "Sub Mast" track which is also fine.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #12
Tod

Quote:
Go here to find more impulses to download. They are in ZIP files, so unzip them and then you can pic them as you need them.

The usable impulses are in either .aif or .wav file format. There may be other file formats but those are the ones I have used so far.

https://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q...everb-Impulses
Also ggrey, to go along with Stevens great information, my good friend SMM also has several free IRs.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=130497
Old 09-07-2021, 04:12 PM   #13
sjs94704

Quote:
Okay Steven, if they are indeed going to the MASTER track, then they shouldn't be going there. The only track that should be going to the "Master" track is the "Mast FX" track.

The 2 "P COMP" & "P EQ/COMP" tracks are also going to the "Sub VOCAL" tack and that's okay. The "DELAY" & ""REVERB" are going to the "Sub Mast" track which is also fine.
Hey, sorry to hang on this routing, but you said the only track that should be going to MASTER is 'Mast FX'.

The way the routing is, is 'Sub Mast' routes to 'Mast Fx' and then 'Mast FX' routes to 'Master' and 'Master' track #13 is set as the 'Master Send'
Old 09-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #14
Tod

Quote:
Hey, sorry to hang on this routing, but you said the only track that should be going to MASTER is 'Mast FX'.

The way the routing is, is 'Sub Mast' routes to 'Mast Fx' and then 'Mast FX' routes to 'Master' and 'Master' track #13 is set as the 'Master Send'
That is correct.