Old 03-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Ben Zero
Human being with feelings

Default Balloon tips intrusion

Does anyone else find the tool tips when moving items really intrusive, often obscuring your editing?

I find them really distracting especially when making fine edits. I know we can switch them off but this also switches off the balloon tips for envelope adjustments which I *do* find very useful as you need to see what's going on with those; they're pretty essential actually!

JCS - would it be possible to split the tool tips setting further so there is seperate options for viewing item and envelope tooltips? In other words to just turn item tooltips off?

Ultimately perhaps a more elegant solution for both these sets of tooltips would be some kind of status box, perhaps on the transport bar, displaying this info?

Ben
Old 03-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
timthetortoise

+1, would be nice to have this feature. Also getting the bug fixed where the tooltip stays once you move something would be great.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
Shan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Zero View Post
Does anyone else find the tool tips when moving items really intrusive, often obscuring your editing?
It definitely gets in the way of editing at times. I myself would like to see that information placed on the Transport bar where I think is the best place for it.

+1

Shane

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:45 AM   #4
k235

- the tooltip delay setting doesnt seem to make a whole lot of difference on my machine.

- I would really love if you could display the envelope tool tips in the transport bar or somewhere else where the don't get in the way and/OR if you could check in the preferences what information the (envelope) tool tips actually contain. (99% of the time I just need 'db'!)

OT:
- It would be really neat if there was a global "envelope smoothing" setting. I draw envelopes with my wacom a lot, and that just adds way too many points. I then manually reduce the number of points, to make them editable. If there was a setting that automatically reduces the number of points (percentage?) that would be really time-saving.
k235 is offline   Reply With Quote