Old 07-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
smueske
Human being with feelings

Default Weird behavior

Today, I did a render of a new song, closed Reaper, and listened to the WAV in an audio editor. I heard a few things I wanted to adjust, so launched Reaper again. On the way in, it tried to scan a bunch of 32-bit plugins (none new), which it has never done before. When Reaper loaded, it was using a different theme and none of the recent projects were in the project list. When I opened the project from the file system Reaper said none of the plugins could be found and it wouldn't play. Needless to say, this freaked me out. I rebooted and everything was back to normal. Anyone else have anything like this happen?
smueske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:19 AM   #2
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by smueske View Post
Today, I did a render of a new song, closed Reaper, and listened to the WAV in an audio editor. I heard a few things I wanted to adjust, so launched Reaper again. On the way in, it tried to scan a bunch of 32-bit plugins (none new), which it has never done before. When Reaper loaded, it was using a different theme and none of the recent projects were in the project list. When I opened the project from the file system Reaper said none of the plugins could be found and it wouldn't play. Needless to say, this freaked me out. I rebooted and everything was back to normal. Anyone else have anything like this happen?
Hi,
sally idea but you never know...
is possible you have one standard and one portable installation (or different portable installations) and you started the one you do not use normally?
It happens to me since I have 3 different portable configuration.
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
smueske

Thanks for replying. No, I only have the one install, and it's a local Windows install. Never happened before, and I hope it never happens again.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
Cranky Emu

I have not experienced the exact same condition myself. Although I have had the following two occur:
  1. Started Reaper and it started scanning plugins, no idea why. Then was unable to load/use any plugin, only reaper stock.
  2. Similar to yours - Started Reaper, scanned plugins, no projects in list, unable to load any Reaper project files.
In both cases once I rebooted there was no longer any problem. As such I never bothered to ask about it here, at the time I put it down more to an issue with Windows, rather than Reaper itself. Both these happened some months back now and have never experienced the same problem since.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #5
smueske

Thanks, yeah, that sounds the same. It's probably a bug that surfaces under a specific set of circumstances. Glad to hear you haven't experienced it since.