Old 03-03-2018, 07:13 AM   #4641
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Yes - but I bet it doesn't happen each time :/
Correct :/

Just got this when trying to use a faderbox to change a faders-only snapshot selector
Quote:
LBX Stripper.lua:28550: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'voffset')
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #4642
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
2 mini bugs

"empty track - so has no control in the grid"

v-0.94.0030
1-insert label seems doesn't work
2-copy a GFX from a Strip track and paste to empty one:
LBX Stripper.lua:24200: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

v-0.94.0033 (both same as 030) .. just error code different:
LBX Stripper.lua:24242: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

-motto-
Thanks for the report. I believe it's always been this way with labels. Needs to be at least a control or gfx on the grid already. Will probably fix when I have some time.

Will also sort the errors...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #4643
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Correct :/

Just got this when trying to use a faderbox to change a faders-only snapshot selector
Ah - it seems there's quite a few things still need to be sorted out

Will fix when I get a mo - not sure when just yet - but will do when I get the chance (along with the mysterious vanishing fader snapshots.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #4644
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

i am still trying to catch
why the delete removes all (or multiple) images from my beloved strips

for example
add a new image for test and delete it.. Zip!! (cartoony).. they gone

EDIT:




EDIT2:

nailed! (i think) i just click to Bring to Front before delete


Last edited by timbralzoom; 03-03-2018 at 09:35 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #4645
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
i am still trying to catch
why the delete removes all (or multiple) images from my beloved strips

for example
add a new image for test and delete it.. Zip!! (cartoony).. they gone


EDIT2:

nailed! (i think) i just click to Bring to Front before delete
ah - should be able to fix easily.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #4646
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
ah - should be able to fix easily.
cool!
&
i am preparing something to upload.. sshhh!! in a half hour..

-motto-

EDIT:

here is the free beasts!

very basic info:

!!important part!!

-- never modify "SeqMegababy nm" pattern if the pattern already in use..
just copy to empty one then modify..
(just in case for copy/duplicate patterns =
click to pattern first that you want to copy for modify .. then press ctrl (PC) and click to empty-target pattern..done..
now you can freely modify this new pattern, and take the new snapshot)
....
plugins:

HY-SEQ16x3 free
https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seq16x3/
...
download:
rar file has 3 Sharestrip files & megababy note name (optional, copy inTo_ReaperData) and the project in the video
i hope i didn't forget anything..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qI...UtJhpXl8KQucY7
...
screens:
1

2-

3-
two in one track version


&
simple demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJRo...ature=youtu.be


Enjoy!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 03-03-2018 at 12:55 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:29 AM   #4647
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Thanks Timbral - looks great. I'll have a play when I've managed to fix these annoying bugs.

I think I've fixed the crash bugs reported - and should now be able to add just a label to a strip if needed

No luck yet with tracking down the missing fader snapshots. It's only happened to me once or twice and try as I might I cannot get them to disappear when I want to!!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #4648
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

about the Faderbox thingy

first thing i noticed is visual update seems doesn't work properly
assigned / cleared controls doesn't update the indicators on snapshot change.
..of course this could be specific to my system i don't know..just want to share.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #4649
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
about the Faderbox thingy

first thing i noticed is visual update seems doesn't work properly
assigned / cleared controls doesn't update the indicators on snapshot change.
..of course this could be specific to my system i don't know..just want to share.
Odd - that definitely works here.

EDIT: I've got a busy day tomorrow - so hopefully look more into the problem later in the week
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 03-04-2018 at 01:41 PM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #4650
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Odd - that definitely works here.

EDIT: I've got a busy day tomorrow - so hopefully look more into the problem later in the week
Good luck!

-motto-


quick off topic EDIT:

there was a problem in my latest shared strip.. with the "SeqMegababy nm Mod ..
seems pattern RATIO parameter doesn't work properly in the Snapshots ..
i will try to edit a simple version of SeqMegababy and upload Sharestrips again.

EDIT2:

for two Q.
lately i am verrry happy with collecting controls in to 16x16 pixel area in my crowded storage Strips..
(they are cute in that space .. when i hide them becomes even cutest )

Q1-is there is a way to access / separate some of them from that 16x16 area currently?
(for example if i want to make visible some of them)
Q2-when we delete a plugin from a Strip is it possible also remove its all Controls from Grid (again from 16x16 area) at once?


EDIT3:
messy but fun i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQW-...ature=youtu.be


EDIT4:
no idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y10d...ature=youtu.be


-motto- valid even for the reply!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 03-05-2018 at 08:48 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #4651
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 311
Default

I was extracting images from dll files to make LBX Stripper knobs and getting frustrated that some plugin developers use horizontal stacking to hold the frames of animation. So instead of asking Leon to support them, I made a tool to convert them to vertical stacking. Here it is

EDIT: URL changed
https://thrashjazzassassin.github.io...pper_KNB_Util/

I think it works ok, but I've not tested it much.
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide

Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin; 03-18-2018 at 07:32 PM.
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #4652
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
I was extracting images from dll files to make LBX Stripper knobs and getting frustrated that some plugin developers use horizontal stacking to hold the frames of animation. So instead of asking Leon to support them, I made a tool to convert them to vertical stacking. Here it is

https://thrashjazzassassin.github.io/Image_Transposer/

I think it works ok, but I've not tested it much.
Looks great - thanks!! I'm pretty sure Timbral will be happy.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #4653
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
I was extracting images from dll files to make LBX Stripper knobs and getting frustrated that some plugin developers use horizontal stacking to hold the frames of animation. So instead of asking Leon to support them, I made a tool to convert them to vertical stacking. Here it is

https://thrashjazzassassin.github.io/Image_Transposer/

I think it works ok, but I've not tested it much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Looks great - thanks!! I'm pretty sure Timbral will be happy.

aaah! where were you back then
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1775

i convert them to vertical in the photoshop+imageready
(both didn't finish the task at once!)
but yes me happy! .. Thank you so much TJA!

& EDIT:
just tested.. whole process took 35 sec. only
-open Synthmaker
-export image
-drag to your Verticalizer
-render
-add to Stripper controls
-see in the grid
beautifulissimo!


EDIT2:
@TJA
wait .. what!
extracting from dll files? how? does works for all vst dlls ?

...

i was trying to how to re arrange Strip to use sometimes in horizontal space..
found something


Last edited by timbralzoom; 03-06-2018 at 12:22 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #4654
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post

i was trying to how to re arrange Strip to use sometimes in horizontal space..
found something
Oops - will fix. The course is fairly obvious to me with the video - thanks.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #4655
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Oops - will fix. The course is fairly obvious to me with the video - thanks.
forgot to say -motto-

also i catch
LBX Stripper.lua:7884: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

was an extreme condition..
i delete the KNB and PNG files from controls folder..
but it was in use in the grid .. so opened with no images then i clicked to control for re select image, error popped up..

-motto-
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:00 PM   #4656
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
forgot to say -motto-

also i catch
LBX Stripper.lua:7884: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

was an extreme condition..
i delete the KNB and PNG files from controls folder..
but it was in use in the grid .. so opened with no images then i clicked to control for re select image, error popped up..

-motto-
All your bugs should now be fixed (the gif one and this one). Haven't properly checked the knb deletion one - but think it should be ok now - unless it's moved the bug elsewhere.

Still working on TJAs missing faders in snapshots. Not had much time to look into - but still haven't noticed them going missing when I'm trying to trigger it... grrr...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #4657
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
@TJA
wait .. what!
extracting from dll files? how? does works for all vst dlls ?
This http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/resources_extract.html then rename all the extracted files to .png's with Total Commander https://www.ghisler.com/
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #4658
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
This http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/resources_extract.html then rename all the extracted files to .png's with Total Commander https://www.ghisler.com/
Thank you TJA!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #4659
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Still working on TJAs missing faders in snapshots. Not had much time to look into - but still haven't noticed them going missing when I'm trying to trigger it... grrr...
Very very elusive bug. If you hadn't noticed it too, I would not have been so sure of it's existence.
__________________
REAPER-OSC-panels
erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:45 AM   #4660
MCCY
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 287
Default

This is simply fantastic!!! Looks like I can do Abletonlike Automation with this & Realearn together ?!!!!
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #4661
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

just updated to (v-0.94.0036) .. on the first opening:

LBX Stripper.lua:50704: attempt to index a nil value (global 'LBX_CTL_TRACK_INF')

after adding "__LBX_CTL" track .. opens fine.

Last edited by timbralzoom; 03-07-2018 at 12:52 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:39 PM   #4662
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
just updated to (v-0.94.0036) .. on the first opening:

LBX Stripper.lua:50704: attempt to index a nil value (global 'LBX_CTL_TRACK_INF')

after adding "__LBX_CTL" track .. opens fine.
oops - thanks ... fixing,..

EDIT: fixed.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 03-07-2018 at 03:55 PM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #4663
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
oops - thanks ... fixing,..

EDIT: fixed.
can confirm! Thanks!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #4664
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
This is simply fantastic!!! Looks like I can do Abletonlike Automation with this & Realearn together ?!!!!
Thanks. Not familiar with ReaLearn - but if the two work well together - let us know
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #4665
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

a big time laziness question :
in the Track FX Order window,
is there is a way to move the plugins (that belongs to same strip) together?
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:05 PM   #4666
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
a big time laziness question :
in the Track FX Order window,
is there is a way to move the plugins (that belongs to same strip) together?
Not currently. The only way to do that would be to use the [Tab] strip layout view - but for your strips - it would reorder them about the page (it's meant really to work best with the gallery mode - or where all the strips are in neat rows).

It's something I will probably add though.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #4667
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Not currently. The only way to do that would be to use the [Tab] strip layout view - but for your strips - it would reorder them about the page (it's meant really to work best with the gallery mode - or where all the strips are in neat rows).

It's something I will probably add though.
i was just asking for re order the actual plugins in the Fx Chain together at once..
but
sounds like its much more complex than my lazy thoughts and also seemed an hard work..
all up to you .. to me nothing important.

EDIT:
just saw the
Capture mods/faders only
-created a subset
-selected Capture mods/faders only mode
-added EQ 256 controls to that subset
-assigned a few Faders

subset still says NOTHING TO CAPTURE nothing happens when i click to it
what am i doing wrong?

EDIT2:
Q.
for example in the one same Subset
say we have 16x RS5K controls and one Take Switcher control
and want to Advanced Randomize them
-Randomizer 1 for all of them
-Randomizer 2 just for RS5K controls
is this possible currently? if so how?
if not, is it possible to have
Exclude / don't randomize .. or something similar in the LINK GRP / TYPE selector?
so we can create multiple Advanced Randomizers in one Subset via duplicating and just including / excluding parameters.

or did i get the logic of Adv. Randomize totally wrong?

-motto-

Last edited by timbralzoom; 03-08-2018 at 01:52 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #4668
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
i
EDIT:
just saw the
Capture mods/faders only
-created a subset
-selected Capture mods/faders only mode
-added EQ 256 controls to that subset
-assigned a few Faders
Capture mods/faders only doesn't require any controls in the subset - but you do need to select either or both of the capture mods, capture faders options (above it in the list). There's no point in having any controls added to the subset as they should get ignored.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #4669
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
EDIT2:
Q.
for example in the one same Subset
say we have 16x RS5K controls and one Take Switcher control
and want to Advanced Randomize them
-Randomizer 1 for all of them
-Randomizer 2 just for RS5K controls
is this possible currently? if so how?
if not, is it possible to have
Exclude / don't randomize .. or something similar in the LINK GRP / TYPE selector?
so we can create multiple Advanced Randomizers in one Subset via duplicating and just including / excluding parameters.

or did i get the logic of Adv. Randomize totally wrong?

-motto-
Yep - doesn't work like that. It's more to do with HOW the parameters in the subset are randomized.


There is a way to prevent a parameter from randomizing already within advanced randomize = set probability to 0.

Or within a linkgrp = set to Randomize X and set X to 0.

So you can create multiple randomize buttons - each with its own advance randomize settings.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #4670
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

ah-ha! now i get the Capture mods/faders logic ..
tested quickly,
just saved a project and re loaded to see..
-all assignments still there..
-assignment visual refresh issue that i mention also seems gone..
...
-set probability to 0
or
-linkgrp = set to Randomize X and set X to 0
that was easier than i thought and was already there with two options to choose!!

Thank you!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #4671
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
ah-ha! now i get the Capture mods/faders logic ..
tested quickly,
just saved a project and re loaded to see..
-all assignments still there..
-assignment visual refresh issue that i mention also seems gone..
...
-set probability to 0
or
-linkgrp = set to Randomize X and set X to 0
that was easier than i thought and was already there with two options to choose!!

Thank you!


Please let me know if you notice the fader assignments vanishing from the snapshots (ie. the snapshots end up doing nothing when set to faders/mods only). I had this issue initially - happened at least once - but not been able to repeat and have been trying every day!!

That said - I've also fiddled a little with the code in the latest updates - which may have fixed it - but not knowing exactly the cause - it might not!

EDIT: Oh - and currently the faders linked to controls in the strips only get saved. I plan to expand this to any other relevant assignments - but wanted to be sure first the bug had gone. If you have faders set up for any other uses (snapshots/mouse over etc) - then these should be preserved and not overwritten by any snapshot settings (although they are not saved in the snapshots).
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #4672
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,596
Default

seems all fine:



yes,
i think it would great to prevent automatically re using faders that already in use ..as you pointed.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:26 AM   #4673
MCCY
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 287
Default

Wow, this seems to be much more complex than I thought...
For a live looping project I made a nice channelstrip which has all in it that I need in any mixing channel. Looks so neat !
So now I want to control the effects of the selected track via midi controller (lemur via ipad)...

Just two Questions:
1.
Maybe I don't need realearn anymore... Is it possible to assign midi controllers to the knobs of a strip and have the controlling of only the strip activated when the track is selected?

2.
Where can I read about LBX stripper in the most compact way? I can't get what the fader - chapter is for and how to effectively assign midi.
To be honest I didn't read anything so far, just try and error. So 'wäre ist the f****** manual? :-). Thanks!
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:38 AM   #4674
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
Wow, this seems to be much more complex than I thought...
For a live looping project I made a nice channelstrip which has all in it that I need in any mixing channel. Looks so neat !
So now I want to control the effects of the selected track via midi controller (lemur via ipad)...

Just two Questions:
1.
Maybe I don't need realearn anymore... Is it possible to assign midi controllers to the knobs of a strip and have the controlling of only the strip activated when the track is selected?

2.
Where can I read about LBX stripper in the most compact way? I can't get what the fader - chapter is for and how to effectively assign midi.
To be honest I didn't read anything so far, just try and error. So 'wäre ist the f****** manual? :-). Thanks!
The manual - what manual?!! Got no time for that yet!! (sorry)

There are many tutorials - many linked to in the first post - that show you how to go about certain things.

But for quick lowdown on the faders.

Step 1:

Create a new track and label it: '__LBX_CTL' (no quotation marks - but notice 2 underscores at beginning).

Step 2:

On this new track place 1 or more LBX-FaderBox JSFX plugins (can get from L-B-X Stripper github repos). Do not place any other plugin types on this track.

Step 3:

Assign/Midi learn your external controller to the F1-F32 (or however many you need) faders in the faderbox plugin/s.

Step 4:

Start/restart stripper. The faders within stripper (Faders list in sidebar) can now be assigned to controls in the strips as you need - and controlled from your external controller.


You may wish to create a track template for the __LBX_CTL track for easy insertion into new projects.

If you have an automap controller - you would need to host the Faderbox JSFX in ReaJS VST for automap software to wrap the VST. Works well.


EDIT: Re Q1.

At the moment Fader assignments are global - meaning they won't change when you change track - as you can assign faders to multiple strips at once (ie. strips on different tracks).

You could place all your track's strips onto a single strip and control everything from one screen (depending on how big your strips are - as there is a limit to the size of the strip surface 2048x2048 pixels). Snapshots could then be used to switch the fader assignments around.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 03-09-2018 at 03:46 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:48 AM   #4675
MCCY
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 287
Default

Wow, thank you so much!!!

So now I know what Faderbox is!

Sounds very interesting but from first reading not what I want. Too much Parameters on one Page... I have 16 Tracks with at least 6 Effects with summa summarum actually 47 Parameters to control PER TRACK... So Originally I was after the Ableton Concept 'active Plugin is controlled with 8 physical knobs', but I like the strip idea very much!!! 47 Paramters are not too much for a Lemur Screen on an old Ipad II. But I need to control every single track with that.

In most cases rather hardware controller knobs are short, so I want to controll as many Parameters as possible with some knobs... Maybe 32 on my Behringer BR2000.

I have the Idea, that it will work with realearn on each track, activating midi input when it's selected, so realearn sends Parameter-assignements to the plugins on the active tracks...

Stripper would only report the values in a compact way on the screen. I hope it does not get messed up, by taking over the values from the last activated track-Lemur assignements, when switching Tracks... I will give it a try.

1000 THANKS!!!!
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:54 AM   #4676
MCCY
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 287
Default

YYYYIIIIIIIHAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Prove of concept!!!!
It works, tested with two assigned Ableton-PUSH II-relative-KNOBS.

REALLY REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:05 AM   #4677
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
YYYYIIIIIIIHAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Prove of concept!!!!
It works, tested with two assigned Ableton-PUSH II-relative-KNOBS.

REALLY REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Yeah - sounds like it should work ok as Stripper constantly monitors the parameters for changes made externally. Glad you got it working well.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:14 AM   #4678
MCCY
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 287
Default

... but no luck with midi Parameter Feedback.

When I activate Midi send on a Stripper-Knob OR activate MIDI-Feedback in realearn, the feedback comes through, when moving the knob on the monitor, not when I change the Track/Strip, so I have no feedback of the current value after switching track... buhuuuuu :-( ... would have been sooooo enormously great...
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:19 AM   #4679
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
... but no luck with midi Parameter Feedback.

When I activate Midi send on a Stripper-Knob OR activate MIDI-Feedback in realearn, the feedback comes through, when moving the knob on the monitor, not when I change the Track/Strip, so I have no feedback of the current value after switching track... buhuuuuu :-( ... would have been sooooo enormously great...
In settings menu (shortcut - ?) have you got the option on General tab - 'Send midi feedback on track change' ticked?
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #4680
MCCY
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 287
Default

I have tears in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKKSSSSSS!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.