Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #1
d. gauss
Human being with feelings

Default Multiple Display help.. 4K & 1080 together

Has anyone found a magic settings combination (via reaper and windows scaling) for multiple displays that have different resolutions? Trying to find the elusive combination where plugins aren't miniscule or too big to fit window. Also can't figure out why i can get reaper to look ok on the 4k EXCEPT for the scroll bars and the menu pulldown lables which or miniscule.

Using a Win 10 laptop (1080p screen) driving a 40 inch 4K TV monitor and a 1080p 40 inch TV monitor with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super. mostly using classic 1.0 theme. (not a typo)

been through many diff combos of win scaling and reaper hidpi aware/unaware/experimental.

fwiw, before i went back to pc, i was on a macbook pro retina and never had these issues.

thx in advance
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
d. gauss

bump. anyone?
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:35 AM   #3
n997

Not sure if I can help much, but I've got a setup with one 4K and one 1080p display, and best compromise I've found on Windows is to use same scaling on both (150%). To be specific, I set it at "149%" for compatibility with some old apps, not sure if this matters to REAPER in any way.

In REAPER's Advanced UI/system settings, I've got "Scale UI elements..." at 1.50, and HiDPI mode at "Multimonitor aware".
n997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #4
patriciocs

Same issue here, I have two monitors 4K and 1080p and it is a mess using both with Reape. If I move the mixer to my 1080p monitor the windows fonts are huge but everything else is ok. Also when I move plugins windows between monitors sometimes the plugins get messed and some interface object are lost.

Wish there were a solution for this, but I haven’t found any I tried with the different multimonitor settings and the defaul multimonitor aware is the one working better.

Not sure if it is a Reaper thing or Windows 10… or maybe both.