Old 01-29-2021, 10:43 AM   #41
Jae.Thomas
Human being with feelings

I don't know, I think I should still get a refund. I am American, after all.

works great! I am missing some functionality for now, but I have high hopes for this. More readable too
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:04 AM   #42
Gianfini

Nice one, sometimes I don't understand how Reaper devs never think about such simple and functional features...

One request though... please make right click an effect to pull down the FX menu (as for right clicking FX in TCP/MCP)

Second request allow click to empty area to use alternative scripts such as QuickAdder or alike

thanks
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:44 PM   #43
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Nice one, sometimes I don't understand how Reaper devs never think about such simple and functional features...
The original idea of the UI comes from Doppelganger's fxlist, I cannot really take credit for that.

Quote:
One request though... please make right click an effect to pull down the FX menu (as for right clicking FX in TCP/MCP)

Second request allow click to empty area to use alternative scripts such as QuickAdder or alike

thanks
Sure, I can look into that. Currently right-clicking an FX opens MFXlist's own menu, but your idea seems more useful.

Thanks for the ideas.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:44 PM   #44
PhelixK

Default Update 0.9.4

Hi,
Here on mac I just tried update 0.9.4 and MFX-list is working much better now. It perfectly follows the height of tracks and panes, well done!

Also I notice MFX is available through the ReaTeam repository now, at least that's how I discovered the update.

I have not played with this version much yet, and to begin with, I had to reduce the font sizes quite a lot (16 > 10). I also edited some colors, although I assume that any changes will be overwritten when updated.

Are you planning a way to save configurations, including UI colors and font sizes?
And if not too much hassle, it would be very nice if gfx_RetinaMode could be implemented.

One thing I notice:
[Shift] -click to bypass Fx is fine, but [Cmd + Shift] -click for off-line does not work here. Fx move and copy-move is working as expected.

But, really good so far!

Last edited by PhelixK; 02-02-2021 at 03:54 PM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:00 AM   #45
X-Raym

Quote:
Are you planning a way to save configurations, including UI colors and font sizes?
The simplest way of doing that would be preset scripts to manually edit.

Quote:
if gfx_RetinaMode
Meanwhile, if you are familiar with script moding, you can try to add it yourself
(I don't have hidpi screen to test)
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #46
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
And if not too much hassle, it would be very nice if gfx_RetinaMode could be implemented.

One thing I notice:
[Shift] -click to bypass Fx is fine, but [Cmd + Shift] -click for off-line does not work here. Fx move and copy-move is working as expected.

But, really good so far!

[/URL]

Thanks.

As X-Raym already replied, using his preset scripts is one way to adjust settings so that they are not overwritten when MFXlist is updated. Basically, you set up a wrapper around MFXlist that holds the changed settings.

As for retina, 4K, HiDPI, setting... I think maybe distributing a preset for that would solve the issues. I don't have any such screens to test on, though, but if you set up a preset for it, please share.

Here on Windows, Ctrl+Alt+click bypasses. I am not sure what the Alt-key is on Mac, maybe the Option key? Please try that combination, and let me know if it works.

And thanks again for the nice words.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:01 AM   #47
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
The simplest way of doing that would be preset scripts to manually edit.

Meanwhile, if you are familiar with script moding, you can try to add it yourself
(I don't have hidpi screen to test)
Hi, thanks a lot for the suggestions and links!
– I know zero about scripting, so the chances of me doing this the right way are very small

Anyway, I tried setup a Preset script. When loaded and executed it attempts to call a nil value (global ‘init’) which seems not to be found in the parent MFX-list script(?) Most likely I did something wrong when setting it up: https://ibb.co/YdTcZ29

Also I tried adding the gfx_RetinaMode, and here it makes no difference in drawing of lines or fonts, they still have blurry edges in MFX-list. Probably I’m doing something wrong there as well.. Here’s how I inserted the function: https://ibb.co/zZkJD5C

In this early stage of MFX-list, the above functions aren’t really crucial, perhaps later on I’ll try again if I can make them work.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:10 AM   #48
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
Thanks.

As X-Raym already replied, using his preset scripts is one way to adjust settings so that they are not overwritten when MFXlist is updated. Basically, you set up a wrapper around MFXlist that holds the changed settings.

As for retina, 4K, HiDPI, setting... I think maybe distributing a preset for that would solve the issues. I don't have any such screens to test on, though, but if you set up a preset for it, please share.

Here on Windows, Ctrl+Alt+click bypasses. I am not sure what the Alt-key is on Mac, maybe the Option key? Please try that combination, and let me know if it works.

And thanks again for the nice words.
Hi, see my answer above. In concern of off-lining Fx's, I already tried the usual and official combinations plus some more, but no luck yet Any combo using the Control key on mac instantly crashes the script.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #49
X-Raym

Quote:
Anyway, I tried setup a Preset script. When loaded and executed it attempts to call a nil value (global ‘init’)

Don't forget the uppercase :

Code:
Init()
Though I can see that in the code the function has local scope

https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...list.lua#L1471

not sure if this work with this local prefix. Try removing "local " from the line I pasted above ?

------

For retina, have you actually called the retina code somewhere in the code after having declared it ?

Try to put the following code

Code:
gfx_RetinaMode()
somewhere, maybe just after
Code:
initializeScript()
(same line as above) ?

Last edited by X-Raym; 02-03-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #50
PhelixK

Quote:
Don't forget the uppercase :

Code:
Init()
Though I can see that in the code the function has local scope

https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...list.lua#L1471

not sure if this work with this local prefix. Try removing "local " from the line I pasted above ?
Hi, erhh just tried delete 'local' #L1471 and no difference.
I used the downloaded >raw< file for the preset script where last line says Init() -with uppercase I.

------
Quote:
For Retina, have you actually called the retina code somewhere in the code after having declared it ?
I only inserted the function snippet, as found in your link.

– I'm afraid this is beyond my skills. Shoot me a raw text file, and I'll be more than happy to test on mac

Edit, - I see you added some info, I'll try that
Old 02-03-2021, 12:06 PM   #51
PhelixK

Quote:
Hi, after deleting ‘local’ (L1471) in the parent script, the Preset script actually opens up without nil msg. I still need to try change some variables, and check whether it overrides the parent or not.

But,
Quote:
Try to put the following code
Code:
gfx_RetinaMode()
somewhere, maybe just after
Code:
initializeScript()
(same line as above) ?
Yes, this is working now, fonts are sharp and 1px strokes looks solid. Still need to adjust sizes a bit, but this is the way!

– edit, one issue though, as you can see the fonts are sharp etc. but the track height is no longer aligned (look like a scaling issue, somewhere): https://ibb.co/q7nnfWQ

Last edited by PhelixK; 02-03-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:14 PM   #52
X-Raym

Then both this fixes could be added natively :P

Removing Local works, and adding this gfx_retina check !
Old 02-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #53
PhelixK

Quote:
Then both this fixes could be added natively :P
Removing Local works, and adding this gfx_retina check !
well yes almost, please see my edited reply
Old 02-03-2021, 01:21 PM   #54
Fabian

Quote:
Any combo using the Control key on mac instantly crashes the script.

Oops! This is not good, of course. OK, I'll have to borrow that Macbook Air again and test. I thought I had tested this...

Quote:
Hi, after deleting ‘local’ (L1471) in the parent script, the Preset script actually opens up without nil msg. I still need to try change some variables, and check whether it overrides the parent or not.

But,
Yes, this is working now, fonts are sharp and 1px strokes looks solid. Still need to adjust sizes a bit, but this is the way!

– edit, one issue though, as you can see the fonts are sharp etc. but the track height is no longer aligned (look like a scaling issue, somewhere): https://ibb.co/q7nnfWQ

OK, so the "local" should be removed for the preset approach to work. That's an easy fix. Thanks.

As for the non-alignment when using the retina-aware gfx, this needs some investigation. Somewhere the wrong coordinates are reported or calculated for the top of MFXlist track draw area. I cannot imagine where, though.

Thanks for helping out with the trouble shooting.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:28 PM   #55
zcyh_147

Amazing!!
zcyh_147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:18 AM   #56
dr_After

Just came here to say THANK YOU for maintaining and developing this script. Super handy, much better than native solution!
dr_After is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #57
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_After View Post
Just came here to say THANK YOU for maintaining and developing this script. Super handy, much better than native solution!
Thanks.
I'm glad to see that people are using MFXlist.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #58
Delucci

I'm still used to see sends from the Dopp's version, but you are doing a great job reimplementing this script .

I'll keep following!
Delucci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:56 AM   #59
PhelixK

Default 0.9.8b

Hi, thanks for looking into the modifiers for off-lining fx. Works as expected here on mac.

And I got the Preset wrapper up and running, works as well with alt. fx browsers.

– one thing,
Loading fx's from shortcut (MENU_QUICKFX) is fine, however new inserts doesn't auto-float. Maybe you would like to correct that.

Old 02-19-2021, 10:49 AM   #60
Fabian

Quote:
– one thing,
Loading fx's from shortcut (MENU_QUICKFX) is fine, however new inserts doesn't auto-float. Maybe you would like to correct that.
This is very strange... when I implemented it things worked as expected, the newly added FX had its floating window opened. But now when I try it, the focus somehow disappears and the floating window does not show until the main arrange window or TCP is clicked. I'm getting crazy over these strange focus issues...

I'll investigate and fix this. It must work.

Sorry about this.

EDIT: This is a strange bug... Now it works as expected for me. Initially it did not, but added som debug code, restarted the script and then it worked as expected, so I removed the debug code, and it still works as expected. Even after restarting Reaper...

Last edited by Fabian; 02-19-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote