Old 12-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
kali291
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI intro question

Hello all. New to DAWs and new to Reaper , but Reaper is the only one I can mostly figure out to use! (With the help of the videos)
My question is this: If i import a midi file, by dropping it in Reaper, is there any way I can add to the beginning of the file? I would like to import a file, play around with editing it, and then use it as a 'play along' on my keyboard. The problem I have is that the midi tracks almost all start straight into the melody without warning. I am trying to add a small intro, even if it is just a few clicks, but cannot find a way. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
kali291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Michael AD

Lots of ways to do it, but perhaps the easiest is to just drag the midi file to the right.
Michael AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #3
kali291

Thank you for that! I have been looking for all sorts of complicated solutions and totally missed the obvious
Thanks again.
kali291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
ashcat_lt

The other ways would include placing the play cursor somewhere other than the beginning of the project before importing or if you're drag+dropping, drop it somewhere later. Also, there are "Insert Silence" actions that can help. Just dragging the item(s) IS usually pretty easy, too, though.
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote