COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (aka spam trap)

Old 04-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
voice
Human being with feelings

Default How do I create more that one Reason Track?

I've worked out how to record some Reason synth events through Rewired into Reaper, triggering them with my Korg microKontrol.

I do this by routing MIDIIN2 (microKOntrol: Channel1) to the track. I tried endless permutations before I arrived at this one.

However I can only insert FX Reason (32) ONCE onto ONE track. I can record multiple takes on that one track but Reaper won't load Reason again onto another track. I'm using exactly the same procedure for the second track.

CPU usage reads 4-5%.

If the answer's out there but I haven't seen it yet, ok. I'll keep looking. But if the experts out there know my efforts are futile I hope you can please say! I'm a new user.

Thank you.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
jamesbshamus
Human being with feelings

Default Reason Tracks

You can have only one instance of Reason running. You need to create separate MIDI tracts for each Instrument in Reason you want to trigger. Do the sequencing in Reaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voice View Post
I've worked out how to record some Reason synth events through Rewired into Reaper, triggering them with my Korg microKontrol.

I do this by routing MIDIIN2 (microKOntrol: Channel1) to the track. I tried endless permutations before I arrived at this one.

However I can only insert FX Reason (32) ONCE onto ONE track. I can record multiple takes on that one track but Reaper won't load Reason again onto another track. I'm using exactly the same procedure for the second track.

CPU usage reads 4-5%.

If the answer's out there but I haven't seen it yet, ok. I'll keep looking. But if the experts out there know my efforts are futile I hope you can please say! I'm a new user.

Thank you.