Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-11-2018, 12:36 AM   #1
moss
Human being with feelings

Default DrivenByMoss: Support for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

I just released DrivenByMoss4Reaper: https://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

This is a tool which allows you to use lot of hardware controllers with Cockos Reaper:
  • Ableton Push 1 / 2 / 3
  • Akai APC40 / APC40mkII
  • Akai APCmini
  • Akai Fire
  • Akai Force
  • Akai MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One, MPC X
  • Arturia Beatstep
  • Electra One Mk I + II
  • ESI Xjam
  • Faderfox EC4
  • Generic Flexi (map lots of stuff to any controller!)
  • Mackie HUI
  • Mackie MCU (with additional support for icon QCon Pro X and V1-M) with up to 4 controllers
  • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S mk I
  • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S mk II, A-series, M32
  • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S mk III
  • Native Instruments Maschine+, Mk3, Mk2, Mikro Mk3, JAM
  • Novation LaunchControl XL
  • Novation Launchkey Mk3 25, 37, 49, 61
  • Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3
  • Novation Launchpad Pro Mk1 / Mk3, MkII, X, Mini Mk3
  • Novation Remote SL, Mk I, Mk II, Mk III
  • Open Sound Control (OSC)
  • Yaeltex Turn

and some utilities like
  • Auto Color
  • MIDI monitor

This software adapts my Bitwig Studio extensions for Reaper. Most of the features of the supported controllers are also available.

Last edited by moss; 03-23-2024 at 02:14 PM.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:29 AM   #2
barbaroja

Thanks, Jürgen. As you know, I am following this project closely and I'll report back!

Thanks for this... We needed it!
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:24 AM   #3
flipotto

Default DAW path edit?

Hey,

I am glad to see development continuing on this cool project!
Just testing it this morning - using push 2 - reaper 5.78 win 10.
I can't seem to edit the DAW Path:
I browse for my portable install, no prob, however DAW Path: is not recalled next time I run DrivenByMossReaper.bat
Code:
Starting Reaper communication server at port: 1200
Starting controller 'Ableton Push 2 - 10.00'
Initialized.
Loading device INI files...
Could not load device INI files: Input length = 1
Suggestions?

Also - any plans for note repeat? It was working great on transformator.

Last edited by flipotto; 05-11-2018 at 05:41 AM. Reason: asking question.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:47 AM   #4
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
Hey,
Could not load device INI files: Input length = 1[/CODE]

Suggestions?
I have not tested with a portable install, so there might be some path problems. The logged errors are from trying to load the FX information. Reaper delivers the path where these are stored. I am not sure if that works on portable.
Regrading the Reaper path: Did the configuration file get stored?

Quote:
Yes. I have some functions on my list which are currently not available in Bitwig and need to think a bit about how to integrate them.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #5
LowlyOP

Quote:
Hey,

I am glad to see development continuing on this cool project!
Just testing it this morning - using push 2 - reaper 5.78 win 10.
I can't seem to edit the DAW Path:
I browse for my portable install, no prob, however DAW Path: is not recalled next time I run DrivenByMossReaper.bat
Code:
Initialized.
Suggestions?

Hey, I can't say I know what I'm doing, so try this at your own risk and make backup if worried.

I went in to the appdata/roaming/reaper folder and made a copy of the file named "reaper-fxtags.ini" (closest file name to the one specified that can't be located).

I then changed the new file name to "reaper-fxfolders.ini" and closed/restarted reaper and dbmoss.

Tested on my TC64 as Novation Launchpad MKII and - so far - I see LED feedback on my hardware changed to a new template.

Going to test more now.

PS im on a non-portable Reaper install, so for me, that was not the issue.
LowlyOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:22 AM   #6
moss

I have no idea what's the problem but I uploaded a new version, which adds more logging to the loading process. So, please try with that version and see what it prints out.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:40 AM   #7
flipotto

Conditions: DrivenByMoss 2.01, Win10, Reaper 5.80 portable - no other Reaper installations

1st run:

Code:
C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe
Code:
Cannot run program "C:\Program": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
Initialized.
Config file created when I select push 2

Code:
#
#Sun May 13 06:16:01 EDT 2018
MainWindowX=446.0
MainWindowW=1101.0
MainMaximized=false
MainWindowH=561.0
CONTROLLER_INSTANCE0=de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.push.Push2ControllerInstance
MainWindowY=379.0
DAW Path: not recalled after browsing and changing on DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #8
TonyPels

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Thanks, Jürgen. As you know, I am following this project closely and I'll report back!

Thanks for this... We needed it!

Hi Jürgen! Thanks again for your contact&help on my thread. I received a report from Brian ( from Icon's support) saying that they're " very excited to hear that Jürgen has ported his Bitwig extension to Reaper..." and that they'll be adding these improvements to their downloads section for Pro X"...
All I can say is that is that the world needs more people like you. Thanks
TonyPels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #9
Tiggerdyret

This looks great. I just got a Beatstep, so the timing is just right.

Have you considered adding Playtime functionality, so we can use these controllers with it's session view?

If you don't know what Playtime is: https://www.helgoboss.org/projects/playtime/
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:43 AM   #10
creal

Hi Moss,

I've been interesting in Transformator for a long time (I use a Push 2).

I discovered the new version today, and I would say thank you for your hard work. Your read me.txt is efficient (only 2 minutes to install and it works like a charm). Notifications are great too.

May I suggest one thing that would be a game changer?

The browser section doesn't fit with Reaper FX browser :
- Collection : shows just all the plugins, but it's fine because Reaper does not work as Bitwig works ;
- Location : shows 0 JS altough there are installed correctly. Anyway, this tab is not very useful for reaper since "File type" tab is here ;
- File Type : shows 0 JS. Seems there's a problem to detect this kind of plugins. Maybe it is possible to fix it for a future version please ?
- Category (the most important one) : I don't know how it is based on. It does not reflect the categories at all. It would be very useful to have our own categories here ;
- Tags : Reaper doesn't support this (as far as I remember), fine ;
- Creator : works as expected ;
- Device type : does not reflect the MIDI effects ;
- Devices : works as expected. Nevertheless, it would be great to have a kind of "mobile" label that would show the entire name of the device (same remark with all other labels, especially track labels) when hilighted

Last suggestion : the new created tracks are always panned to 100% left. Is it possible to center them please?

Maybe someone can confirm this before Moss, please? I just tested with a Push 2 (last firmware).

Thank you again and keep the good work

PS : your script for bitwig is awesome. Push 2 is more efficient with Bitwig than Live (totally crazy!).
creal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #11
moss

Just some quick livesign. I am very busy this month but will have time again next week to look into all your reports.

Regarding the missing JS plugins: You have to open the JS folder once in the Reaper browser, this should create the necessary file in the Reaper INI directory.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:29 PM   #12
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by creal View Post
- Collection : shows just all the plugins, but it's fine because Reaper does not work as Bitwig works ;
No, you need to create Search-Folders under "Folder" in the Reaper browser. These folders will then appear here!

Quote:
- Location : shows 0 JS altough there are installed correctly. Anyway, this tab is not very useful for reaper since "File type" tab is here ;
You need to open once the JS folder in the Reaper browser.

Quote:
- File Type : shows 0 JS. Seems there's a problem to detect this kind of plugins. Maybe it is possible to fix it for a future version please ?
See previous comment.

Quote:
- Category (the most important one) : I don't know how it is based on. It does not reflect the categories at all. It would be very useful to have our own categories here ;
Collects from different sources, mostly JS (see above).

Quote:
- Device type : does not reflect the MIDI effects ;
Does for JS (see above).

Quote:
Last suggestion : the new created tracks are always panned to 100% left. Is it possible to center them please?
I cannot replicate that. Maybe you are adding from a template and have stored it like this? How do you add track?
Old 06-03-2018, 06:07 AM   #13
moss

I released an update 2.10:

- New: If supported by the Java/OS platform the application is run as a tray icon.
Closing the app minimizes it to the tray. Double click the tray icon to show it again.
Right click on the tray icon to show the context menu with the options to show
the application or to exit it. If Auto-run is enabled, the app is automatically minimized
on startup.
- New: The console window is no longer shown on startup.
- New: 64 drum pad view for Ableton Push and Novation Launchpad Pro / MkII.
- New: Bank page is now automatically adjusted on controller if changed in Reaper.
- Fixed: Midi In-/Outputs were not correctly restarted when Configuration dialog was closed.
- Fixed: Push 2 preview display window was still drawn when hidden.
- Fixed: Push 2 preview display window produced OutOfMemoryExceptions after a while.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #14
mschnell

There seem to be at least four different projects to hook a controller surface on Reaper:

- this one
- natively what Reaper offers via Midi or OSC
- Klinke
- CSERVE (pre-Alpha available)

Is there a feature compare list somewhere ?

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 06-03-2018 at 09:45 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:43 PM   #15
barbaroja

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I released an update 2.10:

- New: If supported by the Java/OS platform the application is run as a tray icon.
Closing the app minimizes it to the tray. Double click the tray icon to show it again.
Right click on the tray icon to show the context menu with the options to show
the application or to exit it. If Auto-run is enabled, the app is automatically minimized
on startup.
- New: The console window is no longer shown on startup.
- New: 64 drum pad view for Ableton Push and Novation Launchpad Pro / MkII.
- New: Bank page is now automatically adjusted on controller if changed in Reaper.
- Fixed: Midi In-/Outputs were not correctly restarted when Configuration dialog was closed.
- Fixed: Push 2 preview display window was still drawn when hidden.
- Fixed: Push 2 preview display window produced OutOfMemoryExceptions after a while.
Thanks for the update! I tested it with the following findings. I will try to be as detailed as possible.

The drum mode is awesome!

The minimize to tray is very nice.

Track selection works as intended now. Great work.

Errors are also gone from the transformator config screen.

First, the most important stuff: We do need a way to make it linear too. I mean, being able to choose whether to use groups of 16 pads or being able to start by the lowest note and go all the way to the right, in linear mode. Many mappings work like this. This and making it respond without latency are culprit.

I am not sure what the "new" button does. It disables the automatic record when selected feature in mine and tries to start recording. I suppose it is to record a new clip? Should not disarm the channel, then. I also feel that arm/disarm functions everywhere should also cycle through automatic track arm when selected, too.

The automate button on push 2 is brutally slow to change modes. It misses ciclyng through the Trim/Read default mode many times.

Device controls do not update to the selected or focused device. I have to select it manually with the arrows on push 2.

Add device only considers user folders when in collection mode. Collection is useless for me, it is super slow. Maybe due to the big a mount of plugins? I would def get rid of the tags category and go for user folders.

Select clip color function does not work at all.

The browse function only shows preset for reaper plugs. Waves, arturia, fab filter and others do not show presets there. Also, you can not move to the next or previous FX when in that mode.

I am getting a notification whenever I touch the volume, pan or send. Is it a feature? Since push screen and reaper already have that info, dunno if it is necessary.

Changing octaves gives a milisecond flash on push 2 display screen. I have a feeling that it should last a lil longer.

Also, the track color via select button does not work either.

I have an idea. Maybe using the stop clip button to cycle through the already set modes of operation of the ribbon, with a visual feedback on push 2 screen.

As a future idea, there is some work on scripts by MPL on pattern management like RS5K manager, that I feel your project could use to be able to use the step sequencer feature like in ableton or bitwig. VERY promising future there if you ask me.

Once again, thanks for this awesome project. Hope I was of good help!

Last edited by barbaroja; 06-03-2018 at 06:20 PM.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:41 PM   #16
moss

Quote:
First, the most important stuff: We do need a way to make it linear too.
You can already use the Play mode for that (Scale -> In Key)

Quote:
making it respond without latency are culprit.
As I wrote before, this requires to replace EEL with C++, which is a lot of work (and requires specific adaptions for all OS platforms).
I am trying to fresh up my rusty C++ but I cannot promise anything.

Quote:
I am not sure what the "new" button does.
It tries to emulate the function from Ableton/Bitwig (and does only make sense on a MIDI track):
- It creates a clip at the current position with the selected length and loops it.
- It enables record on that track (and disables it on all others)
- It enables MIDI overdub and starts recording
Now you can record into that clip.

Quote:
The automate button on push 2 is brutally slow to change modes. It misses ciclyng through the Trim/Read default mode many times.
It does not cycle, it only toggles between read and write. For other modes long press the Automate button and selected the mode.

Quote:
Device controls do not update to the selected or focused device. I have to select it manually with the arrows on push 2.
Yes, that's correct. I did not find a way to make that work.

Quote:
Add device only considers user folders when in collection mode. Collection is useless for me, it is super slow.
Maybe due to the big a mount of plugins? I would def get rid of the tags category and go for user folders.
I am not sure if I understand what you say. The Collection column does display all user folders. If you select one, only
the devices of the selected folder is shown. What is slow with that or does not work?

Quote:
Also, the track color via select button does not work either.
Select clip color function does not work at all.
Both of these are highly dependent on your Reaper settings (and Theme). They are so complicated I cannot even tell you what to
check or turn off... Maybe some expert can jump in here.

Quote:
The browse function only shows preset for reaper plugs. Waves, arturia, fab filter and others do not show presets there.
Also, you can not move to the next or previous FX when in that mode.
For 3rd party plugins only those presets occur which you manually created (there is no way to access VST presets).
That's all I can do (I already jumped through lots of hoops to make it work like this).

Quote:
I am getting a notification whenever I touch the volume, pan or send. Is it a feature?
Since push screen and reaper already have that info, dunno if it is necessary.
Yes, it's a feature. It is a generic implementation, it makes more sense with the other supported controllers.

Quote:
Changing octaves gives a milisecond flash on push 2 display screen. I have a feeling that it should last a lil longer.
That is not intended. Need to look into that.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #17
emirpasic

Default problem with drivenbymoss4reaper

I tried to install drivenbymoss4reaper, but i get a window hanging in reaper when i try to set up the controller.
you can see it in attachment.
i run reaper version 5.95 on macpro 2012 and osx 10.11.6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper hanging.jpg (13.0 KB, 573 views)
emirpasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #18
Skijumptoes

Ok, i can get my issue running by starting REAPER from terminal, i.e.:-

open /Applications/REAPER64.app

So i need to find out how to get it to run from shortcut/finder/spotlight now, i'll post back if i get a solution.
Skijumptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #19
mschnell

I understand it's a Reaper extension. Hence a DLL in Windows.

Why exactly is this using Java ?

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:19 AM   #20
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I understand it's a Reaper extension. Hence a DLL in Windows.

Why exactly is this using Java ?

-Michael
All the controller code is written in Java. It is identical to the DrivenByMoss extension for Bitwig. Therefore, all changes/new features I implement will be directly available for Reaper as well.
The C++ library "simply" sends the necessary data to the Java VM and takes the commands to execute in Reaper.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:24 AM   #21
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by emirpasic View Post
I tried to install drivenbymoss4reaper, but i get a window hanging in reaper when i try to set up the controller.
you can see it in attachment.
i run reaper version 5.95 on macpro 2012 and osx 10.11.6
Hmm, that's weird that there is no error printed. You could try to run it as superuser to see if this is a kind access right problem. Have you checked if the printed directory is correct? Does it contain the Reaper INI files?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:56 AM   #22
Skijumptoes

Ok, so on MacOS 10.13.6 - REAPER 5.95/64 - JAVA JDK 10.0.2

The change to the info.plist file inside REAPER64.app doesn't work, the JAVA_HOME environmental variable is still not found.

My solution, if anyone gets the same issue, is instead to run this in terminal to set on an OS level:-

launchctl setenv JAVA_HOME /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home

If interested, You can then enter 'echo $JAVA_HOME' in terminal to confirm it's registered.

Note: If you restart your system this JAVA_HOME Environmentall variable will be lost and you have to re-run when next starting MacOS.
Skijumptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #23
Vathek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skijumptoes View Post
launchctl setenv JAVA_HOME /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-10.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home
Thanks for the hint (ran into the same wall) and of course to Jürgen for making it work in the first place!
Vathek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #24
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vathek View Post
Thanks for the hint (ran into the same wall) and of course to Jürgen for making it work in the first place!
Thanks for the info. I will add that to the documentation.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:21 AM   #25
emirpasic

Quote:
Hmm, that's weird that there is no error printed. You could try to run it as superuser to see if this is a kind access right problem. Have you checked if the printed directory is correct? Does it contain the Reaper INI files?
The printed directory is correct. I tried to remove some ini files and I got a message that those files are missing. So I think it is the right directory. When I put them back in to the directory the window is hanging again.
I did not try as a superuser. I will try it later today.
And thank you very much for your work (I hate coming with complaints first:-)). It looks like you really did a great job with this.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #26
emirpasic

Quote:
I just tried as a superuser and the problem is the same :-(
Old 09-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #27
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by emirpasic View Post
I just tried as a superuser and the problem is the same :-(
No, worries. I expected lots of problems since it is implemented on 3 platforms. So lets start:

I created a special version for you with a lot of log output:
http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/DrivenBy...eaper-3.02.jar
Delete DrivenByMoss4Reaper-3.01.jar from the libs folder and put this new one in.
Send me the output.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #28
emirpasic

Quote:
No, worries. I expected lots of problems since it is implemented on 3 platforms. So lets start:

I created a special version for you with a lot of log output:
http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/DrivenBy...eaper-3.02.jar
Delete DrivenByMoss4Reaper-3.01.jar from the libs folder and put this new one in.
Send me the output.
Thank you very much. What do you mean by output?
I did what you said and the same thing happened with a hanging window. No extra messages.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:12 PM   #29
AndreIsidro

Default Crash in version 5! Help!

Ok, so I pasted the file and all the folders in the UserPlugins folder.

Then I went to preferences and selected Control/OSC/Web

Clicked on add

Selected DrivenByMoss4Reaper

Reaper crashed :'(

Please help!
Am I missing something?
I just want my nanokontrol2 to finally work...
AndreIsidro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #30
machinesworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreIsidro View Post
Ok, so I pasted the file and all the folders in the UserPlugins folder.

Then I went to preferences and selected Control/OSC/Web

Clicked on add

Selected DrivenByMoss4Reaper

Reaper crashed :'(

Please help!
Am I missing something?
I just want my nanokontrol2 to finally work...
When things go wrong give as much information as you can.
No one know which OS you're using, what kind of computer, if this is the first time that you've installed DrivenByMoss4Reaper etc. etc.
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:17 PM   #31
AndreIsidro

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
When things go wrong give as much information as you can.
No one know which OS you're using, what kind of computer, if this is the first time that you've installed DrivenByMoss4Reaper etc. etc.
Sorry!

I'm using a late 2015 Macbook Pro with OX El Capitain installed! And yes! It's the first time I tried using this!

Sorry, I'm kinda lost on how to proceed

Here's the message I got after the crash

Quote:
Process: REAPER [5475]
Path: /Applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Identifier: com.cockos.reaper
Version: 5.96.500 (5.96.500)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: REAPER [5475]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-01-18 04:14:35.926 +0000
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G22010)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: F4DE451C-058F-E633-BF99-9488A3778D13

Time Awake Since Boot: 13000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 32 Java: AWT-EventQueue-0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
Referenced from: /private/var/folders/*/libusb4java.dylib
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Does this help?
AndreIsidro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:48 AM   #32
machinesworking

I don't know AndreIsidro? but I would bet it gives Möss a better idea of what might be going wrong?
This is amazing software when it works so it's worth investigating for sure.
machinesworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 04:01 AM   #33
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreIsidro View Post
Sorry!

I'm using a late 2015 Macbook Pro with OX El Capitain installed! And yes! It's the first time I tried using this!

Sorry, I'm kinda lost on how to proceed

Here's the message I got after the crash

Does this help?
Yes, you need at least Macos 10.12 Sierra.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:02 PM   #34
King_Board

Default Thank you very much, I have been looking for the way for a long time

Thank you very much, I have been looking for the way for a long time!
Quote:
I just released DrivenByMoss4Reaper: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

This is a tool which allows you to use lot of hardware controllers with Cockos Reaper:
  • Ableton Push 1 / 2
  • Akai APC40 mkI / mkII
  • Akai APC mini
  • Arturia Beatstep / Pro
  • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MkI + MkII, A-series, M32
  • Native Instruments Maschine Mikro MkIII
  • Novation Launchpad Pro / MkII
  • Generic Flexi (map any controller which speaks Midi)
  • Mackie HUI protocol
  • Mackie MCU protocol (with special support for icon devices) with up to 4 controllers
  • Novation SL MkI/MkII

and some utilities like
  • Auto Color
  • MIDI monitor

This software adapts my Bitwig Studio extensions for Reaper. Most of the features of the supported controllers are also available.

Here is an introduction video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrASqhFvvQ

In this video I explain how to install and use DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper.
King_Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:45 PM   #35
King_Board

Default Can I customize the function of the button on Komplete Kontrol mk2?

It seems the PLAY button mapped to "Play/Pause" function, which will move the editor cursor when playing(next playback always starts from editor cursor), then I press STOP button, the editor cursor jumps to the beginning of the project instead of the position I set previous.
So how can I customize the PLAY button to "Play/Stop" function in Reaper? So every time playback is starting from the position I set previous rather than the beginning of project.

Quote:
I just released DrivenByMoss4Reaper: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

• Ableton Push 1 / 2
  • Akai APC40 mkI / mkII
  • Akai APC mini
  • Arturia Beatstep / Pro
  • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol MkI + MkII, A-series, M32
  • Native Instruments Maschine Mikro MkIII
  • Novation Launchpad Pro / MkII
  • Generic Flexi (map any controller which speaks Midi)
  • Mackie HUI protocol
  • Mackie MCU protocol (with special support for icon devices) with up to 4 controllers
  • Novation SL MkI/MkII

and some utilities like
  • Auto Color
  • MIDI monitor

Here is an introduction video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKrASqhFvvQ

In this video I explain how to install and use DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:11 AM   #36
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Board View Post
It seems the PLAY button mapped to "Play/Pause" function, which will move the editor cursor when playing(next playback always starts from editor cursor), then I press STOP button, the editor cursor jumps to the beginning of the project instead of the position I set previous.
So how can I customize the PLAY button to "Play/Stop" function in Reaper? So every time playback is starting from the position I set previous rather than the beginning of project.
Which controller are you using?
Old 05-01-2019, 07:40 AM   #37
moss

DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 6.3 is online!
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Added setting to store the last selected mode
    • New: MIDI CC is now available as a function destination
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • New: Added setting to flip the track/clip navigation of the encoder knob
    • New: Added setting to flip the clip and scene navigation of the encoder knob
    • New: Added setting to set the length of new clips
    • New: Added setting to set the behaviour on transport stop
    • New: Added M32 to the extension name
  • Fixed: Navigation from and to master track was reversed.

Enjoy!
Old 05-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #38
Denise

Quote:
DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 6.3 is online!

Enjoy!

I would like to be able to use the AKAI APC MINI with the LED lighting when playing midi sequences as in the BitWig, how can I do it?
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:12 AM   #39
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise View Post
I would like to be able to use the AKAI APC MINI with the LED lighting when playing midi sequences as in the BitWig, how can I do it?
What do you mean exactly? A specific sequencer or the play view?
Old 05-04-2019, 04:02 AM   #40
King_Board

Default Komplete Kontrol

I use Konplete Kontrol.
Quote:
Which controller are you using?