Old 07-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #881
tweed
Human being with feelings

"Set tempo, course" works great. As my controller is 128 increments
I suppose that's why it'll only go in TWO BPM increments.
ie. 40-294 BPM and in TWO BPM steps.

So, strapping on another controller: "Set tempo, fine" will
go from: EG. 40 - 41.9 effectively filling in all the steps
between TWO BPM.

So... as I'm trying to create an action that immediately
sets REAPER to any tempo i wish, IDEALLY which would be internal
to REAPER which of course would be unlike the above
which is done by external controllers.

QUESTION: if I'm not mistaken when done externally (sending external
controller data to REAPER) as described above (using "Set tempo, course"
AND "Set tempo, fine" to get ONE BPM increments) will result in a mish-mash
unless the course is set/send and THEN the find set/sent.

Haven't thought had enough to figure what I'm missing.

HOPING rather that there is or will be an action that can be used
without external controllers to set REAPER's tempo to any exact BPM desired.

Barring that, there may be, though I can't think of any way to send
"Set tempo, course" AND "Set tempo, fine" without having to send
the "Set tempo, fine" after "Set tempo, course".

I'm wishing that I've entirely missed something here.

Any methods for getting ALL the BPMs on one controller?
Or much better would be a way to internally set REAPER's
tempo through an action.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #882
sws
Code Monkey

Tweed, two options:
1) Use the action "Set project tempo from time selection": Make a time sel of an appropriate length and call the action.
2) Use the API function AddTempoTimeSigMarker (new in 4.25) to add a tempo change at the beginning of the project at the desired tempo.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #883
tweed

Very great to have your reply!!

Will be giving "AddTempoTimeSigMarker" a try... nice!
thanks greatly.

[deleted convoluted and redundant space-wasting ramble]

Last edited by tweed; 07-10-2012 at 09:18 AM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #884
sws
Code Monkey

This ReaScript sets the tempo to 100 and is easily modifiable:
Code:
tempo = 100
RPR_AddTempoTimeSigMarker(0, 0, tempo, 0, 0, 0)
Old 07-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #885
Nixon

Hey SWS guys, is something like this technically possible?

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=106514
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #886
wolfgerb

when updating the reaper_sws. dylib from version. 2.2.014 to 2.2.016 all of my auto color/auto icon settings are gone.
I´m on mac OSX 10.7.4 reaper 64bit.
any idea?

thanx wolfger
wolfgerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #887
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgerb View Post
when updating the reaper_sws. dylib from version. 2.2.014 to 2.2.016 all of my auto color/auto icon settings are gone.
I´m on mac OSX 10.7.4 reaper 64bit.
any idea?
It's probably an issue on my end, could you send me your sws-autocoloricon.ini file?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #888
wolfgerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
It's probably an issue on my end, could you send me your sws-autocoloricon.ini file?
wow, that was quick :-)
see attachment.
thanx a lot, wolfger
Attached Files
File Type: ini sws-autocoloricon.ini (2.1 KB, 247 views)
Old 07-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #889
sws
Code Monkey

I'm not positive since I don't have my OSX computer in front of me but the attached INI should work much better!
Attached Files
File Type: ini sws-autocoloricon.ini (2.0 KB, 324 views)
Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #890
XITE-1/4LIVE

These new tricks are much appreciated.

1) Use the action "Set project tempo from time selection": Make a time sel of an appropriate length and call the action.
2) Use the API function AddTempoTimeSigMarker (new in 4.25) to add a tempo change at the beginning of the project at the desired tempo.

Thanks.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #891
wolfgerb

Quote:
I'm not positive since I don't have my OSX computer in front of me but the attached INI should work much better!
hhmm, interesting.
when using 2.2.016 and your sws-autocoloricon.ini it works the first time opening reaper.
when closing and opening reaper again the settings are not seen anymore.

wolfger
Old 07-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #892
sws
Code Monkey

Ok, I will need to fix for you later. Apologies!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #893
wolfgerb

Quote:
Ok, I will need to fix for you later. Apologies!
thanx, no problem, I stay with 2.2.014 till then.

wolfger
Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #894
sws
Code Monkey

Wolfger and everyone else:
2.2.0 #17 is now available on the prerelease/beta site. If all is well (and Jeffos doesn't have more stuff he's adding ) I will do an official release in a few days.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #895
wolfgerb

Quote:
Wolfger and everyone else:
2.2.0 #17 is now available on the prerelease/beta site. If all is well (and Jeffos doesn't have more stuff he's adding ) I will do an official release in a few days.
works!!!!

thank you,
wolfger
Old 07-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #896
mrelwood

How does one keep the Auto-coloring setup when updating SWS Extensions?

EDIT: Oh, the sws-autocoloricon.ini had all the color rules mentioned, but AutoColorCount was 0 for some reason. Changed it manually to the proper 38, and it now works again!

Last edited by mrelwood; 07-19-2012 at 03:33 PM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #897
Breeder

Regarding certain color changes done to the latest sws pre. It seems some are missed - or maybe I'm just missing something in my color settings.
Here's the screenshot:

Last edited by Breeder; 07-23-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #898
EvilDragon

You're not missing anything - if you're seeing Item Properties normally with brighter font color, then SWS looks wrong and needs to adjust that black text to skinnable colors.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #899
Reno.thestraws

little flag
Old 07-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #900
EvilDragon

This is how new skinned buttons look for me on RADO skin... what's up with that? How to fix? Which PNG from the skin is used?

Looks like toolbar_blank.png, but even when I add pink lines, this doesn't change...

Also, could you use the same frame thickness on Notes/Subtitles/Help window as on all other SWS windows? See the inconsistency:

Last edited by EvilDragon; 07-24-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #901
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Regarding certain color changes done to the latest sws pre. It seems some are missed - or maybe I'm just missing something in my color settings.
Breeder!! .. and you report that the day after an official release!! ha ha!

Sorry for the trouble! I have couple of questions for you: do you have similar pb with the native "Item properties" dialog box?
If not: can you post the rtconfig.txt you are using (or the full theme if you don't know where to find that file, PM us if you want to keep it private)?
Also, do you use a custom Windows skin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
This is how new skinned buttons look for me on RADO skin... what's up with that? How to fix? Which PNG from the skin is used?
Thanks! (I knew we would have a ton of rewarding thankyous after the recent theming efforts)

AFAICanTell, only the v4 default theme manage GUI bits and coloring properly (buttons, proper 3d colors, etc..). I've workarounded the main common theming errors but I can not do specific code for each theme: please report that to the theme author. the pngs are: toolbar_blank (which can be "pinkalized" in recent versions) + composite_toolbar_overlay (rarely defined by themers + I did not find the time to test if it now also obeys pink lines). note: for buttons, there is also a tiny native prob (1 pixel off).

ED, more generaly, I see you "rambling" a lot about UIs as if things were dead simple
=> please don't take it bad but, if I was you, I would not insist too much about that

Although I agree with you about the benefits for the user and that almost everything is possible ("just a matter of programming"), things might not be as straight forward as you think...

=> Tech. details you did not get in other threads:
bare in maind we are in the plain Win32 world, not in some high-level stuff like Java where a single line of code is enough to skin an entire GUI (literally, i.e. UIManager.setLookAndFeel()).
In Breeder's example, I just "delegated" the coloring code to REAPER.. so.. saying "SWS needs to adjust that black text to skinnable colors" is plain wrong, see?
Another ex: "skinnable scrollbars" (which seems to passionate you). If you are motivated, have a look on this little article, it is a Win only solution (from the original author of the scrollbar code used in REAPER, who is "James Brown" but that's anther story...). Now add to this painfull stuff even more painfull crossplateform aspects (i.e. such lib dependencies = show stopper) and you may understand why it is wayyyy easier to code a sampler than theming some list views' scroolbars.. étonnant non?

Last edited by Jeffos; 07-24-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: fixed link
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #902
airon

The area zoom feature (CTRL+middle mouse drag) is very, very slow here.

It takes several seconds for the zoom to produce a new view, and meanwhile it's all frozen.

Using v4.26pre2 x64 and v2.3.0.1 x64 of extension.

The action "SWS: Toggle zoom to set item(s) or time sel, minimize other tracks" is also slow to zoom in AND out.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #903
Seventh

There's an action in the extensions called "SWS/AW: Toggle triplet grid". Would it be possible to create a similiar action for the MIDI editor? =)
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #904
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
Breeder!! .. and you report that the day after an official release!! ha ha!

Sorry for the trouble! I have couple of questions for you: do you have similar pb with the native "Item properties" dialog box?
If not: can you post the rtconfig.txt you are using (or the full theme if you don't know where to find that file, PM us if you want to keep it private)?
Also, do you use a custom Windows skin?
Sorry for messing your release

I don't have any problems with the item properties dialog box, screenshot:
https://stash.reaper.fm/13484/item%20properties.png

I'm using my own mod of the default theme. Here is rtconfig and ReaperTheme file: https://stash.reaper.fm/13485/sws%20-...me%20files.rar

And I'm definitely not using any kind of custom win skin

Thanks for responding so promptly!

Last edited by Breeder; 07-24-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #905
wolfgerb

Opening "Label Processor" SWS Extension crashes Reaper 4.26 pre2 64bit on MAC OSX 10.7.4
It doesn`t crash with Reaper 32bit.
I´m using latest SWS 2.3.01, but experienced the same behavior with previous versions of Reaper and SWS Extensions.
Anybody can confirm this?

Thanx, Wolfger
Old 07-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #906
EvilDragon

Quote:
Thanks! (I knew we would have a ton of rewarding thankyous after the recent theming efforts)

AFAICanTell, only the v4 default theme manage GUI bits and coloring properly (buttons, proper 3d colors, etc..). I've workarounded the main common theming errors but I can not do specific code for each theme: please report that to the theme author. the pngs are: toolbar_blank (which can be "pinkalized" in recent versions) + composite_toolbar_overlay (rarely defined by themers + I did not find the time to test if it now also obeys pink lines). note: for buttons, there is also a tiny native prob (1 pixel off).
Sorry if I brushed off a bit there. Of course any and all updates are always most appreciated and you all have my thanks

I added the pink lines to toolbar_blank, but didn't do that to composite_toolbar_overlay, so that might be producing problems. I'm using an older version of RADO anyways so any support from Nick is probably not available anymore. ^.^' EDIT: Now I added pink lines to composite PNG, but the button still looks the same as in my GIF above... Whereas it looks as it should in an ordinary Reaper toolbar...

Quote:
ED, more generaly, I see you "rambling" a lot about UIs as if things were dead simple
=> please don't take it bad but, if I was you, I would not insist too much about that

Although I agree with you about the benefits for the user and that almost everything is possible ("just a matter of programming"), things might not be as straight forward as you think...
Damn! Kontakt scripting made me think making GUIs is not that big a deal!

Quote:
=> Tech. details you did not get in other threads: bare in maind we are in the plain Win32 world, not in some high-level stuff like Java where a single line of code is enough to skin an entire GUI (literally, i.e. UIManager.setLookAndFeel()).
In Breeder's example, I just "delegated" the coloring code to REAPER.. so.. saying "SWS needs to adjust that black text to skinnable colors" is plain wrong, see?
Another ex: "skinnable scrollbars" (which seems to passionate you). If you are motivated, have a look on this little article, it is a Win only solution (from the original author of the scrollbar code used in REAPER, who is "James Brown" but that's anther story...). Now add to this painfull stuff even more painfull crossplateform aspects (i.e. such lib dependencies = show stopper) and you may understand why it is wayyyy easier to code a sampler than theming some list views' scroolbars.. étonnant non?
Damn So it's not as easy as I thought. My reasoning was - if Cockos made themeable scrollbars for arrange and plugin window, why should it be such a big problem to skin every scrollbar out there in the program? Other DAWs seem to have no problems with that...
Old 07-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #907
Jeffos
Mortal

OMG!! It's raining bug reports in there! It is the "official release effect" or?

@breeder:
thanks for the files/details! I can repro in win7. I see what is going on, fix coming soon!

@airon
sorry, did not checked yet..

@wolfgerb
dang! thanks for the report, confirmed in REPAER OSX lion 4.26pre2 64bit - but not in 4.25!
So not sure this one is for us yet (I see a line in the 4.26pre1 changelog that could explain that, perharps), but I'll try a fix..
EDIT: ^^ forget that, my error: it was a plain bug in the label processor.

@ED
no prob at all! I am used to your "posting style", I was a bit sarcastic just to nudge you on the receiver side for once

Skinning: not straight forward but there are solutions, 2 at least.. I don't worry about that. On a sidenote, I was just talking of my own experience 'cause I tried to skin that stuff too. So, for the "other DAWs that do not seem to have no problems with that", I have an idea why Cockos did not choose that route but that's not my biz.. Let's say I also have an idea where true "Rebels against bloated DAWs" actually are haha!

anyway, to fix your theming prob: just copy toolbar_blank.png and composite_toolbar_overlay.png from an unpacked version of the v4 default theme and paste them in your unpacked version of RADO. Those PNGs should fit..

Last edited by Jeffos; 07-25-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: false alarm about 4.26pre
Old 07-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #908
wolfgerb

Quote:
OMG!! It's raining bug reports in there! It is the "official release effect" or?

@wolfgerb
dang! thanks for the report, confirmed in REPAER OSX lion 4.26pre2 64bit - but not in 4.25!
So not sure this one is for us yet (I see a line in the 4.26pre1 changelog that could explain that, perharps), but I'll try a fix..
I remeber this bug from older versions too, but didn't bother too much. I tried again when Kenny released his
Video on SWS Extensions, but can't remeber which Reaper and SWS version were the most recent then. I'm always using the latest pre releases.
The bug was there also.
Hope this helps.

wolfger
Old 07-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #909
wolfgerb

I have another question regarding command ID numbers:
Everytime I install a SWS update all SWS Actions Command IDs are changed.
I have made a extensive Touch OSC Layout for Reaper with a lot of actions implemented.
It´s pretty annoying to go through hundred buttons and change all the Action-Command IDs.

Thanx Wolfger
Old 07-25-2012, 02:40 AM   #910
gofer
-blänk-

That's because the Cmd IDs are given dynamically when Reaper starts up.

Not sure whether it's possible with OSC, but for ReaScript it's necessary to use the Custom ID (eg "_SWS_BYPASSFX" for "SWS: Bypass FX on selected tracks") instead of CmdID.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #911
wolfgerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
That's because the Cmd IDs are given dynamically when Reaper starts up.

Not sure whether it's possible with OSC, but for ReaScript it's necessary to use the Custom ID (eg "_SWS_BYPASSFX" for "SWS: Bypass FX on selected tracks") instead of CmdID.
Thanx Gofer for clarifying.
OMG go all over it again!!!!!AAHHHH.
Haha....
Old 07-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #912
Reno.thestraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
There's an action in the extensions called "SWS/AW: Toggle triplet grid". Would it be possible to create a similiar action for the MIDI editor? =)
+ 120000
Old 07-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #913
gofer
-blänk-

Think positive, Wolfgerb If it works (I do think) it will be the last time you go through them all.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #914
wolfgerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Think positive, Wolfgerb If it works (I do think) it will be the last time you go through them all.
Until I´m doing something fundamentally wrong (I´m replacing cmd Id: 53094 with Custom ID:_SWSMARKERLIST9 for example) Reaper doesn´t respond to the customID string.
So does that mean no TouchOSC with SWS and Custom Actions?
What a pitty.

wolfger

P.S.: Since this is no SWS prerelease topic should I ask the same question in the MIDI/OSC forum?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #915
sws
Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
The area zoom feature (CTRL+middle mouse drag) is very, very slow here.

It takes several seconds for the zoom to produce a new view, and meanwhile it's all frozen.

Using v4.26pre2 x64 and v2.3.0.1 x64 of extension.

The action "SWS: Toggle zoom to set item(s) or time sel, minimize other tracks" is also slow to zoom in AND out.
Airon - this must be project specific. Do you have a lot of plugins/envelopes on the tracks you're zooming to? Does the speed of the zoom depend on what tracks you're zooming to? (Try creating some new tracks at the bottom of your proj and zooming into those.)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #916
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
I remeber this bug from older versions too, but didn't bother too much. I tried again when Kenny released his
Video on SWS Extensions, but can't remeber which Reaper and SWS version were the most recent then. I'm always using the latest pre releases.
The bug was there also.
Hope this helps.
Yes, my error (REAPER32 vs REAPER64 spaghetti), it was indeed a plain bug in the label processor. fixed for the next build too!
Quote:
Thanx Gofer for clarifying.
OMG go all over it again!!!!!AAHHHH.
BUMMER! IDs vs customIDs.. so many errors, it is a bit cryptic..

It would be great if, for ex., both those columns where merged into a single "ID" one: numbers for native actions, strings for macros/extensions. This way people would not have to know anything about that -and they could not make any error.
That would break things I guess (at least here in SWS) and that would be a prob for OSC (until this other customID prob is addressed) but that would be great, less posts for gofer

For the OSC vs customIDs, it is a known issue/short coming, it has been already reported but no FR yet, AFAIK. link = http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...882#post960882
Old 07-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #917
airon

Quote:
Airon - this must be project specific. Do you have a lot of plugins/envelopes on the tracks you're zooming to? Does the speed of the zoom depend on what tracks you're zooming to? (Try creating some new tracks at the bottom of your proj and zooming into those.)
I indeed seems to matter how many items are in the zoom area.

In a 42-track session there are some slightly more densly populated areas with some non-visible automation (8-band Reaeq and a ReaComp) on each track, item volume changes and item-volume envelopes. Selecting an area that holds about ten of those takes almost two seconds, even if it's the same area over and over again.

Another test revealed that this may be due to the automation density. In a session with many more items and a similar number of tracks, but hardly any track automation, the zoom functioned very quickly indeed.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #918
Subz

Ummm....

Thanks!!!

Subz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #919
EvilDragon

Thanks for the text color fixes in the latest beta.

One question: Can SWS Snapshots window be somehow modified so that it looks better when the window is much wider than it's taller? It doesn't look great when I dock it along with mixer:

Old 07-30-2012, 05:26 AM   #920
Zerkie

Default Request @ SWS

I have little Macros (speed up workflow) that does "little things" in Reaper....Macros are in "EXE format" or "EXE with command line options". I'm using Script for running these Macro's...

...but it has an annoying "TIME DELAY" before executing the Macro.

Using "SWS External tool" is much better, but there's only 2.
Would it be possible for more "External tools"...?

Or mabe some command like this in "reaconsole_customcommands.txt"

...or any other way?

Last edited by Zerkie; 07-30-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Zerkie is offline   Reply With Quote