Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
Argitoth
Human being with feelings

Default making a standalone RPP reader/renderer, need formulas used in amplitude fade curves

Hello Justin and Cockos gang, could you provide the formulas for the curves you use for amplitude fades?

Since REAPER is great for audio editing but horrible for taking your edits and creating samples with it, I am going to leverage REAPER's open RPP format to read the RPP in terms of item names, files, tracks, envelopes, etc. and use that to spit out samples in precise ways that would be difficult, mistake-prone, confusing, or pretty impossible and impractical to do with REAPER alone.

...some features would help REAPER out in this regard, but REAPER is not made to be a sample library tool, and there's so many problems creating sample libraries with REAPER it has become necessary to spend thousands developing this standalone software... REAPER still *is* the best DAW for sample libraries, but the best is far from good enough . I tried developing a REAPER C++ plugin, but not even that was adequate. It simply revealed how impractical it is to use REAPER for some of these tasks that are essential for sample library companies.

It's going to be very powerful, it is essentially a GUI that provides an interface for scripts, project management, file management, batch audio manipulation, sample zone editing taking into account mic positions, instruments, articulations, round robin, and will be 100% customizable to the needs of the developer.

You will easily be able to create a one-click solution to go from REAPER to NKI or another sampler format.

Last edited by Argitoth; 05-29-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Argitoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Xenakios

This would be interesting information for me too. (For example because the AudioAccessor API in Reaper doesn't give the audio from takes with the item fades applied...)
Old 06-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #3
Argitoth

justin, where are yooooo