Old 09-28-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
InfiniteDimensionality
Human being with feelings

Default Midi editor bizarnes

Why does the midi editor always do strange stuff? When I open it, it generally does not open to edit notes where I clicked nor does it show the right amount of notes.

1. It does not remember where I opened it.

2. It does not remember the "scale"(the amount of notes it shows).

3. The edit cursor is never centered in view.

This makes it VERY difficult to remove bad notes because it takes, literally, about 10 times as long to delete a single note than it should.

All I want for Christmas is to be able to quickly edit a midi open.

this involves.

1. When double clicking(I'd be willing to have to use a special key while double clicking) it should open the midi editor so that the edit cursor(which is where I double clicked since clicking once places the edit cursor, or it can simply calculate the correct position based on where I clicked in the midi item) is centered and it shows, basically the note I clicked on + a few bars.

2. It remember it's position and scale(If I zoomed out the previous time I closed it it will open zoomed out, etc.

In fact if you really want to get fancy,

1. Have a sort of Magnifier mode(like the accessibility magnifying glass) that pops up a very simple view of the midi notes just for quick editing.

e.g., some hot key will pop it up and it shows the notes, sorta like the inline midi editor but "magnified" and allows one to make quick changes to midi notes such as delete, move, velocity).

It's just there to make it very quick to edit midi items rather than the full blown editor(which has many problems)
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote