Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #1
Boojum
Human being with feelings

Default Blank audio trace when recording new item

I'm recording audio narration using punch & roll. Mono track. Win 7 64 bit. I get an intermittent fault when recording a new or correction item in which there is no trace showing as the item records. The audio is there as I can hear it when I play back, but the screen shows a flat line in that one item. I can get it to show the trace by selecting 'spectral edit' and then switching 'spectral edit' off again, which leaves the trace on screen as it should be. This happens every 10 or 15 items/takes or so. Any ideas what's causing this and how do I stop it happening?
Boojum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
ivansc

It could be as simple as the audio level is too low to register visually. Try enlarging the track (s) vertically with the arrows at the base of the TCP and see if it appears.

Oh I forgot! Welcome to the forums! If you didn`t already, download and check out the free User Guide.

Also take a look at some of the excellent free video tutorials, all at reaper.fm
Old 02-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
Boojum

Default Ongoing problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojum View Post
I'm recording audio narration using punch & roll. Mono track. Win 7 64 bit. I get an intermittent fault when recording a new or correction item in which there is no trace showing as the item records. The audio is there as I can hear it when I play back, but the screen shows a flat line in that one item. I can get it to show the trace by selecting 'spectral edit' and then switching 'spectral edit' off again, which leaves the trace on screen as it should be. This happens every 10 or 15 items/takes or so. Any ideas what's causing this and how do I stop it happening?
Well, its 4 months on and nobody has come up with an explanation or solution to my problem. To update the first message, the blank trace is completely blank, no flat line or anything. I have also found that I can show the trace by clicking away from the Reaper window and clicking back in the Reaper window, and the trace appears. Should I just reinstall Reaper from scratch and see if that cures it?
Boojum is offline   Reply With Quote