Old 06-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
astrotrain
Human being with feelings

Default Zoom R24 does not work

Hi,

I've just started working with Reaper and so far it seems a very good product. One issue I'm having is with my R24, which does not seem to work at all.

I have Reaper 32bit on Windows 7 (because the 64 bit seemed to have a lot of issues with crackles in MIDI, so that I went back to 32bit). I've installed the Zoom R24 (64bit) drivers (because the 32bit won't install on my system).

I followed the instructions on this page: http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/Zoom_R16_R24

But unfortunately I don't get any sound out of Reaper. I hear my guitar through the R24 but I don't see any meters in Reaper light up. In fact, when I right-click on the input of the track, there is an entry "Input: Mono" but no submenu (see picture attached). I'm not sure why or whether that is the issue but I can't seen to get it to work. I've checked that Reaper is in "Record: Normal" mode.

If I move the faders on my R24, I see them change in Reaper (but they don't change the overall volume on my headphones (coming out of the R24).

I've tried disabling the R24 as audio device in Windows' Control Panel but to no avail.

Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper.jpg (32.9 KB, 257 views)
astrotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
astrotrain

My problem is similar to the one described here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=119710

I hadn't seen that thread when I posted mine, but the problem still persists...
Old 06-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
Alsklaftsk123

Reaper + zoom r series = crap
I have simular issues and everyone seems to have it... When i unplug it when i have reaper open the pc freezes. Does this happen to any of you? But i think you are betyer of revording straight to the zoom, then mix in reaper....
Old 06-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
astrotrain

I haven't checked the freeze issue. At least my problem is solved: instead of the ASIO4all driver I chose the R16/R24 driver with the first input channel set to Input 1 and the last to Input 8. The controller does not change the faders anymore but at least I can record directly to my PC.