Old 07-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #121
vanhaze
Human being with feelings

On Retina macs, all font related elements in (non Retina) Reaper Themes look quite blurry.
Like the texts in toolbar buttons / media item names and the Ruler.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #122
cubic13

I'm afraid that I can't do much about this. maybe you could try font substitutions on your end in the theme tweak window, being sure that you save the modifications in a .ReaperTheme file. FWIW, in the theme tweak window, I use the following for CLogic :

WALTER 1 :
WALTER 2 : tcp/mcp trackidx and labels
WALTER 3 : tcp/mcp.recinput, envcp.label, mcp.fxlist & sendlist
WALTER 4 : tcp/mcp.fxparm
WALTER 5 : tcp.volume.label, tcp.pan/width.label, encp.value
WALTER 6 : mcp.pan/width.label & mcp.volume.label
WALETR 7 : trans.status.font
WALTER 8 : trans.bpm.tap.font

In FLogic, they are nearly the same, the only differences being WALTER 1 for mcp.fxlist/sendlist and WALTER 6 for mcp.pan/width.label.

Hope this will help, at least a little...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:15 AM   #123
cubic13

Default v 2.00 is in the stash : now with track header icons (well... few of them)

To be able to use these two as much as my CubicPack, I felt the need to have track header icons as, after more than five years using Reaper, I'm still not at ease with the 'all in one type' tracks implementation. So, here is the v.2 update for both CLogic and FLogic themes, which brings :

1) track header icons : audio (default), MIDI, instrument, bus and VCA/Group, with the ability to hide them if needed.
2) a redesigned tcp management to fit and also to make it more conform to the model : mainly, the tcp.recarm and tcp.recmon controls have been put beside the tcp.mute and tcp.solo ones, the tcp.foldercomp control has been redrawed with overlay files, this with a narrowed minimal width for the tcp panels (nearly 40 pixels gained).
3) the addition of several layouts which are needed to use the track header icons properly.
4) few adjustments in the mixer panels to make room for the header icons, to align the mcp.folder/foldercomp control to the mcp.trackidx one, this with a redesigned disposition of mcp.pan/width controls for the 'Narrow' strips when both are used (stereo/dual pan modes).
5) several more graphical adjustments done here and there, among others, concerning two of the bundled toolbars or the two tcp_iconbg/bgsel.png files.

@users of 1.xx versions : all the bundled toolbars have been renamed and two of them have been modified. So, it's better to reinstall them additionaly to the theme file and get rid of the previously existing ones.

Let me know how all this behaves on your end. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #124
the brok

this would be one of the greatest themes i've come across, if it only had the sidebar mixer layout (inserts/sends to the side of the faders)...
the brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #125
pbognar

cubic13 sir,

I have tried out other themes, and I implement them by dragging the zip file right onto REAPER, and the new theme takes effect. When I try that with Clogic.zip and Flogic.zip, I get an error indicating that one element could not be found, or something to that effect.

What are the steps for implementing your themes?

Thanks
pbognar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:51 PM   #126
cubic13

Hi pbognar,

I'm afraid that I won't be able to help you a lot, beside reminding you that the theme file should theoretically be dragged as a .ReaperThemeZip one, NOT as a .zip directly. IOW, the .zip file should be unzipped first : you'll see, as the result, that there is the .ReaperThemeZip theme file and four .ReaperMenu ones which are added toolbars to be used with it.

Now, to be complete, let's say it : I have never suceeded to install a theme this way. Never. And no matter the theme used, mine or from others, no matter if the Reaper arrangement window is reduced or not, no matter if there is a project loaded or not, etc. I don't know where this procedure comes from and would really like to see a LiceCap showing how to proceed, because this question regularly arises and I'm unable to answer rightly to it.

What works for me in ALL cases, is simply :
1) To put the .ReaperThemeZip file in the \ColorThemes subfolder of your Reaper installation (eventually, use the Options>Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder command to locate it).
2) To load the theme with the Options>Themes command.

Sorry again not being able to help more...

Last edited by cubic13; 04-30-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #127
todoublez

Hi Cubic13, I download the CLogic theme,
really fantastic especially the Mixer window! love it so much.

I found thrr are many MCP tracl Layouts were dead.
I mean thrrs nothing happen when I select them

and thrr's over 100 layouts in the MCP list, is that normal ???
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:01 PM   #128
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
I found thrr are many MCP tracl Layouts were dead.
I mean thrrs nothing happen when I select them
The change to most of the layouts is subtle.
The symbol above the Pan changes to signify what the track is being used for:
Default/Audio
MIDI
Instrument
No Icon

Not sure, but I think this was done to follow how Logic works as much as possible.

Quote:
..thrr's over 100 layouts in the MCP list, is that normal ???
yes, the only way to create variations on a layout in a non version 6 based theme is to make a new layout entry
The -72/+6 DB Fader layouts are all just the same layouts as listed above, but using a different scale setting for the faders.

If there are many layouts you don't want or need, you can remove them from the RTconfig to reduce the menu entries.

::
Old 10-12-2020, 02:37 AM   #129
todoublez

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
The change to most of the layouts is subtle.
The symbol above the Pan changes to signify what the track is being used for:
Default/Audio
MIDI
Instrument
No Icon

Not sure, but I think this was done to follow how Logic works as much as possible.

yes, the only way to create variations on a layout in a non version 6 based theme is to make a new layout entry
The -72/+6 DB Fader layouts are all just the same layouts as listed above, but using a different scale setting for the faders.

If there are many layouts you don't want or need, you can remove them from the RTconfig to reduce the menu entries.

I see, yes this one is so alike Logic !!!
thx for the info Lucas , u always help in the community
much appreciated .

Last edited by todoublez; 10-12-2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:10 AM   #130
todoublez

Lucas,
Hi u tried the Separator layouts in this theme?
it's not working at all on my side.

I'm afraid I didn't installed this properly...
Old 10-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #131
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Lucas,
Hi u tried the Separator layouts in this theme?
it's not working at all on my side.

I'm afraid I didn't installed this properly...
I tried all 3 in the MCP and the one in the TCP just now and they all seemed to work fine.

Try copying the file to the Reaper\ColorThemes folder manually if you used the drag and drop on the Reaper window method before.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:40 PM   #132
todoublez

Quote:
I tried all 3 in the MCP and the one in the TCP just now and they all seemed to work fine.

Try copying the file to the Reaper\ColorThemes folder manually if you used the drag and drop on the Reaper window method before.

Can u send urs to me ?
so I can test them both.
cuz I've tried copied manually again.
it just don't wrk :/
Old 10-13-2020, 10:03 AM   #133
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Can u send urs to me ?
so I can test them both.
cuz I've tried copied manually again.
it just don't wrk :/
I'm just using the ones I downloaded from Stash.
I ignored the files for the menus and just copied the actual .ReaperThemeZip file to my ColorThemes folder.

If that's what you did, I'm not sure what the issue could be.
You might try doing that with a clean portable Reaper Install.

Old 11-29-2021, 06:59 AM   #134
alexraven23

Quote:
I'm just using the ones I downloaded from Stash.
I ignored the files for the menus and just copied the actual .ReaperThemeZip file to my ColorThemes folder.

If that's what you did, I'm not sure what the issue could be.
You might try doing that with a clean portable Reaper Install.

Hello everyone. I am new into Reaper as am trying to explore alternate or rather backup option for my DAW. Again I am completely new to this DAW and before I have only worked with Cubase and Studio One. I tried to download the so called evaluation version from the official site source for Win x64 on a Win 10 pro OS, before I make any final decisions to buy it or not. I came across the section with Reaper themes and saw there are a few good ones that turn your Reaper DAW UI into more of a Logic feeling, which I always liked, somehow it's pleasant for my eye. Anyway, I have installed reaper, downloaded the FLogic theme from the Stash page, followed the exact same steps mentions in numerous answers here and including in the beginning by the author. Not sure why it is so hard to understand this installation of this theme, but it really doesn't work anymore. At least nothing to do with the first two screen shots on the main topic providing an idea of what the FLogic and CLogic themes look like.

So as it is rather complicated for a clean install of Reaper DAW first time ever, when following those lines:

- "At the end, here is the result. In the zip file, I just put the ReaperThemeZip file and the four toolbars designed to work with it, which should be put in the \MenuSets folder of your Reaper installation, then loaded in the Customize menus/toolbars window."

Alright, so I did extract from the FLogic.ZIP archive the so called "FLogic.ReaperThemeZip" as it is from the archive and put it inside of "Reaper_6\InstallData\ColorThemes folder (there by default were located only Default_5.0.ReaperThemeZip and Default_6.0.ReaperThemeZip theme files). After this step I have navigated to my "user">AppData>Roaming>REAPER folder and inside of it, opened the folder named "MenuSets" and pasted there the so called FLogic x4 toolbars designed to work with the theme itself.

When I open Reaper and choose Options > Themes > FLogic it appears like a Logic theme, but it's not the same as in the screen shots from the file itself or the topic first page here by the author. After selection Options > Customize menus/toolbars the window opens and if I select the "Import" button in order to load up those toolbar files, I cannot loaded them all together, but only one by one (ok not a problem). Selecting the first one, that would be in my case "CFLogic_EventListToolbar.ReaperMenu" (for the sake of example) and right away Reaper DAW opens a new windows box for errors, stating the following outcome: Error Importing Reaper Menu > ReaperMenu file does not have menu for "Main file". (OK button).

Would anyone be able to assist and share knowledge of how am I supposed to install this theme. I have avoided to just drag and drop it inside of Reaper as I prefer doing things manually.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/oog27vm6x77uhag

Last edited by alexraven23; 11-29-2021 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Forgot screen shot image
alexraven23 is offline   Reply With Quote