Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 11-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
skins001
Human being with feelings

Default No input signal Scarlett solo

I’m trying to use my Scarlett Solo (2nd gen) on a fairly new MacBook Pro. I’ve followed all of the instructions on setting it up in Reaper. It works fine with GarageBand but when I close GB and open Reaper, no dice. The track is armed, input 2 selected (recording guitar), monitor setting is correct for the track...still no input signal. Scarlett is selected as input/output in Mac sound settings. I tried this with a microphone in input 1, still no signal. I can hear them through direct monitoring on the Solo and since it works with GB, I know signal is getting to the Mac. I must be missing something with the Reaper settings or the Solo is not compatible. Since this is a Mac, there’s no driver to worry about (right?). Help!

Stewie
skins001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
solger

In general try if one of the following things makes any difference:

Quote:
The track is armed, input 2 selected (recording guitar), monitor setting is correct for the track...still no input signal.
Is audio output in Reaper also not working through the Scarlett (for instance when playing back audio files)? Or only the input?

And just in case (if you haven't already found this article): https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-...er-setup-guide

Last edited by solger; 11-19-2018 at 01:50 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:50 AM   #3
skins001

Default UR a Genius

It was a permissions/privacy issue on the Mac. Nice work Solger and much thanks.

s
skins001 is offline   Reply With Quote