Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #41
sessionthree
Human being with feelings

Yes, I've tried with no overclocking, but the problem still persists.
sessionthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #42
Dstruct

do you have "synchronous fx multiprocessing" enabled?
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:42 PM   #43
sessionthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandruff View Post
do you have "synchronous fx multiprocessing" enabled?
I have tried it enabled and disabled. It doesn't change.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:20 AM   #44
norbury brook

I'm working at a different studio this week finishing off a project,hardware;

dual nocona Xeon 3.4
3 gigs kingston ram

dual 10 000 raptor raid drives

matrox p750 tripple head graphics

delta 1010 audio

this machine has exctly the same issues, using 1 instance of massive as a pad with one vocal track.

mc
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:26 AM   #45
Dstruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook
matrox p750 tripple head graphics
do you have busmastering enabled in the matrox powerdesk? if not -> DO SO!
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #46
norbury brook

Guys this is not I repeat NOT a hardware issue, all three computers I'm experiencing this on have different hardware,they ALL exhibit the same problem and they ALL have no issues in other DAW software.

I'm glad at least one other person has experienced the same thing otherwise I'd think I was going mad.

Could you,Dandruff or Laurence or someone else confirm this for me buy following the few small reproducible steps.Note; some VSTI's are fine,please try with the few I've mentioned or use any NI or sample based VSTI, I have trouble with HAlion string player for example as well.

I have been using computers since the Atari ST days, have built my own computers for the last 8 years,have used and trouble shooted(shot?!!) a lot of different software/hardware over that time so I'm fairly conversant in this world.

I am a professional working producer,with a commercial license wanting to continue working with reaper in my and other studios,
I just want this Bug/issue to be acknowledged so I know it will be looked at that's all :-)

MC
Old 04-02-2008, 02:29 AM   #47
norbury brook

Daily acknowledgment bump :-)

MC
Old 04-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #48
inthepipeline

Location: Bristol, UK. Slowly sinking island next to mainland Europe

I feel its time to chip in here again.

Some people will have read about my problems with NI Battery2 in relation to audio dropouts etc. Today I opened up another project lacking in percussion with the intention of putting a drum drack down. I thought I'd hammered the problem down to using anything greater than 16 bit 44.1 samples in the kits, which seems to make battery behave in my case. but the problems I've been having with crackles and pops still exist with NI and other plugs. I've just tried Shortcircuit as an alternative to Battery. the results are just the same. Raising the latency incrementally improves the problem, but as soon as I arm a track for midi recording there are crackles and pops all over the place. I think I've tried just about every sample rate and bit-depth now. The bottom line seems to be that provided that I have a latency setting so high that I can make no useful input for recording a midi track in real-time Reaper works, but as soon as I try to reduce the latency to something useful everything goes haywire.

It isn't just this machine either. I have 3 machines and all of them produce this sort of result, as has been said, with plugs that use disk streaming and with NI plugs. I personally have Battery set up with DFD disabled. I thought that this might help avoid the problem, but no. As soon as I arm the track for direct MIDI input, crackles and pops everywhere, CPU spikes and audio dropouts, especially when moving windows around.

I should also point out that in my case, the higher the sample rate used in the project the more chronic the problems become.

This time though, I'm posting the project file so that (hopefully) Justin or another of the dev's might take a look just to confirm that it isn't cranky in some way.

Just for the record, the machines I have tried to use are all Athlon 64, dual core, Gigabyte mobo, Nvidea onboard graphics on 2 of them, Nvidea 6200 256m PCIE twin-head on the other, each has 3 drives and 4GB of RAM and DuXs cut-down XP installed.

I seem to remember a certain release of SX having very similar problems. Can't remember which, but I do recall a very long thread concerning the problem on the official Cubase forum, which I am sure has by now been erased!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Be My Guest.RPP2.zip (31.0 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by inthepipeline; 04-02-2008 at 10:47 AM.
inthepipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #49
sessionthree

Do any of you guys with this problem have Adobe Audition 3? AA3 seems to have the exact same problem while playing back audio(most noticeable when using the ASIO driver) whereas Sound Forge 9/Wavosaur does not.

Very strange.

Still hoping for a Reaper fix.

-Clayton
Old 04-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #50
norbury brook

I've been testing in this other studio today and EVERY NI VSTI exhibits this problem,and all Steinbergs disk streaming VSTI's like HAlion sampler,Halion string edition,the Grand 2 and the now defunct XPhrase all show the same issues.Atmosphere which has sopme sort of hybrid sample payback UVI engine also shows the same issue.

Inthepipeline, I'm 100% convinced you're experiencing the exact same issue as my self and sessionthree are
seeing.

I hope we can group together and bring this to justin's attention so we can all help solve it :-)

cheers

MC
Old 04-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #51
norbury brook

sessionthree, I don't have audition, I only have cubase 4 and nuendo 4 and neither have any kind of issue like this.

cheers

MC
Old 04-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #52
Deric

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
...to recap for a reproduction

open a new project

add track

add NI or any sampler VSTI with string/ piano or pad sound( basically any long sustained notes)

record a two bar chord

playback and open menus keeping the track record armed

result....glitches...
Fellas, could you just confirm please - the above test - is the recorded signal MIDI or audio?

inthepipeline, I've jus downloaded your project but don't have many of the plugs (only Battery3 not 2 - since last rebuild).

Any tips for a repro and I'll spend a bit of time and report back.

I've a dual Xeon, P4, Centrino M here that I can test with.

Also just to check... are you all saying that Justin and Co. have not commented on this?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #53
Deric

Just tried this:

New Project.

Add one track: NI K3 (latest build - 3.0.2.004).

Loaded piano - TBO+Release = 1.1GB

Add second track: UAD Fairchild + UAD Plate 140.

Total project RAM (according to REAPER perf.mon) = 1671MB

Pressed Record, played one chord, pressed Stop around Bars=3.1.00 (end of Item - just past 3.2.00).

Enabled Loop.

Pressed Play.

Opened windows (in REAPER) added windows from View menu.

No crackles...

Machine = P4 3.0GHz, 4GB RAM, sound card = i88X, buffer=192 samples, 44.1KHz, 4mS.

The chord does not start until just before 1.2.00 as I pressed Record before playing the chord.

Edit: Recorded MIDI (not audio).

Last edited by Deric; 04-02-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added info.
Deric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #54
sessionthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric View Post
Machine = P4 3.0GHz, 4GB RAM, sound card = i88X, buffer=192 samples, 44.1KHz, 4mS.
Deric,

It's worse if you leave the track record enabled, BUT... the interesting thing is that I didn't have this problem with my P4 3GHz machine at all (I just recently built my quad-core.)

Maybe this is a clue? Seems like the people with this problem have multi-core systems.

And no, there's been no comment from Justin yet.

Thanks,
Clayton
Old 04-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #55
DarkStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Its not just a NI issue, if you see from my posts Its happening with one instance of Xphrase loaded,also one instance of atmosphere will do it too,there's something not right with the way VSTI's audio is being handled,especially when there's a record armed track.

Its easy to reproduce,

1. Open new project.

2. Add VSTI, in this case Steinbergs Xphrase

3.record a bit of music

4.play back said phrase and open a few menus( keeping the track record armed)you'll hear glitches.

5.turn record arm off, and the glitches 'almost'dissapear

MC
Just tried this here (with Kontakt 3 Demo, 4-bar Cmajor chords and a lowly AMD Athlon XP2600+)
- no glitches!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #56
Deric

Clayton,

My apologies - I forgot to add that I did leave Record Enable/Arm = on/illuminated.

Yes, interesting that both DarkStar and myself, who are not on Quads, do not replicate the error with the test as described...

Don't suppose you've still got the P4 to do a back-2-back?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #57
sessionthree

Quote:
Don't suppose you've still got the P4 to do a back-2-back?
That has crossed my mind. The problem is I converted it to a Linux file server. However, I may just take an extra hard drive and temporarily put it on there for a quick test with Reaper+windows. (I'll have to find the time first!)
Old 04-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #58
Deric

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessionthree View Post
...However, I may just take an extra hard drive and temporarily put it on there for a quick test with Reaper+windows...
Don't suppose you could 'just' take the harddrive out of the Quad and stuff it in the P4 temporarily? Assuming your P4 supports SATA...
Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #59
sessionthree

Quote:
Don't suppose you could 'just' take the harddrive out of the Quad and stuff it in the P4 temporarily? Assuming your P4 supports SATA...
It does, but the two motherboards are different chipsets, etc. It would require a new windows install.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #60
DarkStar

Another (daft) idea:

can you force the Quad to use only 1 core?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #61
norbury brook

Well the machine at the studio here is a dual Xeon 3.4 I could try limiting reaper to just one cpu and see how that goes tomorrow.

thanks guys for getting on board here with this :-)

tomorrow.

MC
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #62
sessionthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Another (daft) idea:

can you force the Quad to use only 1 core?
I have tried limiting Reaper to one core, but it doesn't help. However, just yesterday I discovered a secret bios setting that let's me limit the number of cores. I'll limit it to 1 and report back.

-Clayton

EDIT: Ok, I tried it, but it doesn't help.

Last edited by sessionthree; 04-02-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #63
sessionthree

Not sure if it's any help, but here goes. I believe Adobe Audition is doing something similar to Reaper that is causing this issue. However, it is only while in the Edit view in Audition. In Audition's multi-track view the problem isn't there at all. (See http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b4e197 for my post over on their forums with a full description of the issue.)

Very strange, but maybe helpful in figuring out what is wrong here?
Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #64
inthepipeline

Norbury Brook,

At last! it looks as though this thread has become long enough to raise some attention. I do hope so. I've been staring this problem in the face for some time now, but I often take the attitude that if something is wrong, it's probably me, rather than the software. Validation, validation, validation, etcetera.
As an ex-SX user I'm so used to seeing people told that apparent problems don't actually exist, that I have almost become uncomfortably numb. I think it was Shakespeare who said "As we grow older we wear our ailments like ornaments on a mantelpiece"

Up until recently I only had one machine running as a DAW, so comparisons were almost impossible. Now I can be more definitive.

Unfortunately (or I thought, fortunately), I only have AMD dual core machines, rather than Intel, but I do have 3 of them up and running. As I said in my previous post, at the moment they are all configured the same way, but I intend to do some testing having reconfigured them to accommodate all the possibilities
I can think of.
I'm going to install good ol' WINXP SP2 on one of my newer machines , so that I can confirm that the behaviour has nothing to do with DuX' nLite-WinXPSP3AO.
Also, having read more detail on the subject of the /3GB switch I'd like to try both versions with and without it.

I've also got 3 different sound-cards that can be pressed into service:

Edirol DA2496, very similar to the M Audio delta 1010 (same PCI card I think.

Digi 001, even though it is limited to 48Khz.

RME fireface 800.

To be fair, I think Reaper is a great software and I really want to use it as my DAW of choice for teaching recording students, but this VSTi issue is stopping me from pursuing that course at the moment and I really want to help sort it out, rather than revert to Steiny product, which technically I could. Reaper is the software which swayed me toward teaching about recording. I wouldn't want to put any keen minds through the difficulties users of "some" other DAW softwares encounter.

I haven't been an intense user of VSTi over the last couple of years because I've been concentrating on live recording, mixing and production, but now I'm writing again and I'm finding this specific issue to be a show-stopper. So maybe it is time to take a pro-active approach and offer the community here some of my time to help get things sorted out if it is needed.

I wouldn't say that I am necessarily the most experienced computer user, but I have just put my 20th music machine together, so I'm not a complete newbie to the subject.

I haven't got a great many VSTi at the moment and I don't have unlimited resources to go and buy them, so perhaps if I could ask for a number of free/shareware VSTi that you have found to cause these problems I might be able to confirm this behaviour here.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:37 AM   #65
norbury brook

Hi Guys,

thanks for your help in this, I've just tried limiting to one CPu here on this machine and you're right it doesn't help.

Inthe pipeline I'm with yo on this I love Reaper and am very pleased with most things it does, in fact i just recently used it as my laptop VSTI host on a new UK TV show about to be aired.

I to will do all i can to help get this issues solved ;-)

MC
Old 04-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #66
inthepipeline

Deric,

No, Justin hasn't commented yet, but I guess he is likely to read this thread soon. I've read many Reaper threads about problems with NI plugin behaviour though. I'd like to know how many times he has said "sounds like a problem with the plug". I gather from other forums that NI tend to be rather lacking in the support area, so who knows how well their plugs are actually written.

Re. the test, I haven't got many of the plugs that Norbury Brook has, but with my setups the problem is basically the same.

Load an instance of your favorite sampling VSTI. A good free one is
Shortcircuit V1.1.2 http://vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php

I've been testing this recently as an alternative to NI Battery2. It exhibits the same behaviour on my systems.

Add multiple outputs ( right click on the VSTi and select "build multichannel routing for output of selected FX)

Record-arm the track with the VSTi on it.

Enable Input monitoring for the track.

Load a sample set, large or small, any sample set.

Play some notes through the MIDI input for the track, or from the keyboard. you don't need to record anything.

With record armed, nasty crackles and pops.
Disable record-arm, crackles and pops, gone.

I must point out that this behaviour seems to get worse depending on the sample rate and latency used in the project. I haven't so far tested my Edirol DA2496. I've been using the RME fireface. It would be easy to dismiss the problems we are having and to blame them on audio device setup, but I don't think this is the case.

The trouble is that these audio drop-outs happen in what at first seems to be a quite random way.
If I load a project as described above with Battery2, sample rate of 48khz and latency set to 128 samples (3-4ms delay)the dropouts happen at perhaps 10-20 per second (anyway, to fast to count)
If I raise the latency to 256 samples the behaviour changes dramatically and I get no crackles and pops, but after a few minutes of inputing MIDI I start to get dropouts of 0.5-1sec, perhaps after 3 minutes of loading the project. The dropouts increase in regularity, but not in duration until after maybe 10 minutes they are occuring maybe every 10 seconds or so.
At this point playing a MIDI track through the VSTi with the track armed for recording, the dropouts continue to occur
maybe 2-3 times a minute, but this gradually increases over time.
This is when I start to see problems with moving windows around causing audio silences.

The symptoms are exactly the same with shortcircuit so far, but I haven't taken the time to build any sample sets for it so far, so I can't test it in practice quite so thoroughly.
I've attached another project below with the same behaviour. I must stress that for me this is totally repeatable.

So it seems as though all the problems we are experiencing are related, but exhibit themselves to a greater or lesser degree depending on the sample rate and buffer settings.

One thing is for sure though.
Record-arming a track set up for live MIDI input to a sample- based VSTi with appropriately low latency to play the VSTi seems to cause drop-outs on some systems.

*I*
Attached Files
File Type: zip Shortcircuit96-32.zip (15.1 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by inthepipeline; 04-03-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:11 AM   #67
inthepipeline

Hi Norbury Brook,

Good to hear read your acknowledgment. I'm getting to work right now!

Which TV show? I'll be watching.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:40 AM   #68
inthepipeline

Session three, Norbury Brook,

Could you post info on your sound-cards, project sample-rate, buffer size and the input/output ranges you have selected in the options/device settings dialog for the record.
Thx.

*I*

[edit] My systems

System 1

AMD Athlon64 3800x2
Gigabyte GA-m55plus-S3G mobo
Graphics: Nvidea 6200, dual head 256meg
4Gb DDR2 667 Crucial RAM
System drive: 80GB Maxtor IDE
Project drive: 300Gb Seagate ST3300622AS SATA
Sample drive: Hitachi 80 GB HDS72080PLA

Soundcard: RME Fireface 800. normally use 24/96 for Studio tracking with no direct monitoring and a latency of 128smpls.
Mixdown and mastering gets 512smples.

System 2 and system 3 are identical:

AMD Athlon 4800x2
Gigabyte M61P-S3 mobo, onboard Nvidea graphics
4GB Kingston Value DDR800 RAM
System drive: Maxtor 80 GB IDE
Project drive: Seagate ST 3200822AS SATA
Sample drive: Hitachi HDS721616PLA 160GB SATA

Soundcard: Edirol DA2496. Normally use 24/48 with 128smpls. for tracking with no direct monitoring and 512 Smpls. for mixdown and mastering.

Last edited by inthepipeline; 04-03-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #69
norbury brook

OK

system 1
Intel Q6600 2.4 quad core G0 stepping @ 3.00
Arctic pro freezer 7 cooler
4 gigs of Geil DDR2 6400 ram
Asus P5WDG2-WS Mobo
Gigabyte ATI 2600 pro 512 PCI express graphics
Seasonic s12 600 w PSU
160 gig IDE system drive
Couple of samsung spin point SATA2 16 meg buffer 500 gig drives
Powercore Mk11
UADx2
SSL Mixpander 9 with Ibox/ xlogic /alpha link 48 in 48 out
Seasonic S12 600w PSU
coolermaster cosmos case

System 2

Asrock 865 mobo
Core2 Duo 2.1
2 gigs ram
VSL2020 sound card
Matrox g550

system 3

Dual Xeon 3.4
3 gigs ram
Matrox P750 tripple head
Delta 1010 audio
Raptor 10 000rpm raid 0 audio drives

System 4
MacBookPro coreDuo 2 gig
2 gigs ram
200 gig 7200 seagate HDs
on board sound with Asio4all
or M audio Firewire solo

for VSTI work i never have by buffers greater than 128 which on a
decent machine is no problem,my q 6600 I leave at 64 samples generally.

Hope that helps, I've tried every possible combination of settings here to no avail so lets hope Justin gets board ;-)

cheers

MC

Last edited by norbury brook; 04-03-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:10 AM   #70
inthepipeline

Clearly Norbury, you have a nice setup there. in a way its nice to know that you are using Intel and I'm using AMD. It seems between us we have quite a representative cross-section of what is available. Also clearly, none of these setups should really be suffering for any reason I can think of. There were some issues with the Edirol drivers, but these had to do with linking more than one card together and the old "sticking buffer" thing. It doesn't tend to rear its head in Reaper.

Which operating system are you using? I'm presuming WinxpProSP2 (I mean on the PCs).

Last edited by inthepipeline; 04-03-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #71
sessionthree

My systems:

Main DAW desktop:
+ Intel Q6600 2.4 quad core G0 stepping @ 3.20
+ Arctic pro freezer 7 cooler
+ 4 gigs (2 sticks of 2 gigs) of G.Skill DDR2 1066 ram (PC2 8500)
+ Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P Mobo (P35 chipset/ICH9R southbridge)
+ Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS 256MB PCI Express graphics
+ Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready-ATX12V V2.01 PSU
+ All hard drives in AHCI mode on the ICH9R controller - I have the same problem in non-AHCI mode
+ Seagate Barracuda ES.2 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (system)
+ Seagate Barracuda ES.2 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (user/recording)
+ Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (samples)
+ Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (backup)
+ Emu 1820m PCI Audio
+ Sunbeam Silent Storm IC-SS-SVBK Case
+ SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Model SH-S203N
+ Windows XP Pro SP2

Work laptop (and used for light DAW work sometimes - but has this same issue):

+ Lenovo Thinkpad T61
+ Core 2 Duo T7700 @ 2.4GHz
+ 2GB RAM
+ Intel 965GM/PM chipset
+ ICH8 southbridge
+ SATA 100GB Hard Drive (in AHCI mode)
+ CD/DVD Writer
+ SoundMAX Integrated Audio (using ASIO4ALL 2.8)
+ Nvidia Quadro FX 570M
+ Windows XP SP3 (v3311)

On both systems I get the same problems with 44.1 or 48kHz sample rate (24 or 16-bit.) I have also tried 88.2 and 98kHz on my dekstop, and the problem persists. (I'm not sure it gets worse, though.)

-Clayton

Last edited by sessionthree; 04-03-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #72
norbury brook

I'm using XP sp 2 on all the machines,even the MAC!

MC
Old 04-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #73
thenoizzbox

Quote:
Maybe this is a clue? Seems like the people with this problem have multi-core systems.
FWIW, I have a Dual Core (see below for exact specs) and I can load huge piano patches in Wusikstation with disk streaming on or I can use NI Konpakt (the one that came with Acid Pro 6) with large sounds as well and I never get any crackles, pops or audio dropouts, even when moving windows around, modifying the timeline zoom, etc.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core, ASUS Crosshair mobo, 4 GB 800 MGHz DDR2 Ram, SoundBlaster X-Fi Elite Pro, NVidia 8800GTS 640 MB DDR3, Vista 64 Ultimate SP1, 1976 Fender Stratocaster (Made In USA), Fender "The Twin" (red knobs, circa 1989), Line6 POD XT, Reaper 2.4 (registered)

Last edited by thenoizzbox; 04-03-2008 at 11:56 AM.
thenoizzbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #74
inthepipeline

Default Unhappy confirmation

Ha......Crackles and pops be gone....er well sort of.

I was trying to listen carefully to some long drum samples and through the crackles noticed that the pitch was varying. Varying pitch = sync settings. Bad sync settings go in tandem with slow screen re-draw and high CPU usage sometimes, so I tried this.

Audio/Buffering/Effects processing/multiprocessing settings:

Untick Synchronous FX multiprocessing and all of a sudden, viola Rodney! Battery and Shortcircuit both spring to life. Might this say to me that this setting doesn't work with a VSTi track record armed, or might it just be particularly bad for VSTi with large sample-banks? I don't know, but now it's time to record some live drums.

Further update:

Now I've only got the same problem that both Session Three and Norbury Brook have. No more crackles and pops with the record button armed, but complete periodical loss of audio from the VSTi exactly as described by them and across 3 machines, one of the two identical ones with winxpsp2 installed. I can confirm that screen activity seems to cause more dropouts than leaving it alone and that the dropouts seem to become more frequent the longer the track is in play mode. Also RAM usage seems to increase slowly across time. I know that this has been mentioned before in connection with Battery3 in other threads. It makes no difference if the VSTi track is record-armed or not.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Last edited by inthepipeline; 04-03-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #75
sessionthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoizzbox View Post
I can load huge piano patches in Wusikstation with disk streaming on
Wusikstation doesn't have the problem in my testing (even with disk streaming on), so it's not a problem plugin with Reaper.

All NI synths I've testing do (all the ones in Komplete 5.) Oh, and also the free NI Kore Player that was recently offered for download.

-Clayton

Last edited by sessionthree; 04-03-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #76
sessionthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthepipeline View Post
Untick Synchronous FX multiprocessing and all of a sudden, viola Rodney!
Ticked or unticked has no affect on my system.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #77
sessionthree

Anyone care to confirm with this extreme test (just replace Sonar with host X to compare to Reaper)?

Quote:
Here's a test on my system that is a perfect (and extreme) example that is believe is directly related:

* Play an NI VSTi through reaper in realtime. Start dxdiag and on the display tab, run the Direct3D tests (while playing the VSTi in realtime). On my system (and only with z3ta+ and NI VSTis) I get a LOT of dropouts.

* Now, play an NI VSTi through Sonar in realtime. Start dxdiag and run the Direct3D tests. On my system, it is rock solid (even at 2ms latency)... no dropouts.

This is why the visualization window in Reaper causes so much trouble.

Last edited by sessionthree; 04-03-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:27 PM   #78
sessionthree

Hmmm, interesting thing here... I actually have no problems whatsoever with Shortcircuit V1.1.2. It is flawless on my system. On my system, it's only NI plugins and z3ta+ with which I'm having issues.

-Clayton
Old 04-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #79
inthepipeline

I should have made myself clearer. Shortcircuit seems to be fine now, but I can't really put it through its paces yet because I have nothing useful in the way of sample sets.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:54 AM   #80
norbury brook

For me my main sample libs I use with Halion 3 and also Halion string player and halion complete orchestra,also The grand 2 is my main Piano along with Atmosphere as my main pad synth for my current projects,all these along side all the NI VSTi's are causing issues so i'm in trouble at the moment.

I'm still surprised Justin hasn't commented yet on this,I know he's been around this form as he's commented on other issues that have come and gone over the duration of this thread.

cheers

MC