Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 03-23-2018, 02:36 AM   #361
osxmidi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosucherror View Post
Hi OSXMIDI,
I've just done a fresh install of Linux Mint 18 (KDE) on a Lenovo laptop (Intel graphics card) and am having no joy with LinVST at all. The plugins crash REAPER when I try to close them, sometimes they just crash when they're processing audio. The interface knobs cause the mouse to jump about. I'm using Melda and Toneboosters plug ins. I had them working well about 6 months ago on a Ubuntu Studio install with LinVST 1.03. Other variables are the REAPER version (5.78rc3) and WINE (3.4).
Jack Winter talked about WINE debugging a while back but I'm not sure if he was referring to native REAPER. Is this the best place to start in getting things working?
Is there a particular plug in that works really well in LinVST that I could use as a first test on a fresh install?
It could be a system/wine thing, hard to tell.

Wine can't handle the Melda plugins GPU acceleration, so that needs to be turned off.

I just tested Melda Reverb v11 and Toneboosters Reverb and they seem ok with Debian Stretch and Wine Staging on a i7.

Last edited by osxmidi; 03-23-2018 at 03:41 AM.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:43 AM   #362
jazznfunk

Default TDR VOS SlickEQ

Does anyone success with TDR VOS SlickEQ x64 via LinVst? Latest Reaper Linux Native, Wine, LinVST, Steinberg ASIO for linux, following dependencies executed:

"To make

The plugininterfaces folder contained within the VST2_SDK folder, needs to be placed in the LinVst files folder. https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developers.html

Wine libwine development files.

For Ubuntu/Debian, sudo apt-get install libwine-development-dev (for Ubuntu 14.04 it's sudo apt-get install wine1.8 and sudo apt-get install wine1.8-dev)

wine-devel packages for other distros (sudo apt-get install wine-devel).

libX11 development needed for embedded version (sudo apt-get install libx11-dev)"
jazznfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:48 AM   #363
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznfunk View Post
Does anyone success with TDR VOS SlickEQ x64 via LinVst? Latest Reaper Linux Native, Wine, LinVST, Steinberg ASIO for linux, following dependencies executed:

"To make

The plugininterfaces folder contained within the VST2_SDK folder, needs to be placed in the LinVst files folder. https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/developers.html

Wine libwine development files.

For Ubuntu/Debian, sudo apt-get install libwine-development-dev (for Ubuntu 14.04 it's sudo apt-get install wine1.8 and sudo apt-get install wine1.8-dev)

wine-devel packages for other distros (sudo apt-get install wine-devel).

libX11 development needed for embedded version (sudo apt-get install libx11-dev)"

I just tested SlickEQ and the Feedback Compressor and they seem ok with Debian Stretch and Wine Staging on a i7.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:23 AM   #364
pcmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpbroke1 View Post
Thanks that worked
thanks !
pcmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #365
jazznfunk

Default TD VOS SlickEQ

osxmidi, somehow i managed to get work this plugin. Seems like Wine Staging was the missing element. (i'm more than newbie in linux and commandline) Thank You osxmidi for LinVst!

Last edited by jazznfunk; 03-27-2018 at 01:52 AM.
jazznfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:59 PM   #366
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznfunk View Post
osxmidi, somehow i managed to get work this plugin. (i'm more than newbie in linux and commandline) Thank You osxmidi for LinVst!
Thanks.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #367
osxmidi

The Native Access fix is in Wine Devel 3.5.

Native Access needs a msvcp140.dll override.

The winbind and libntlm0 packages might need to be installed for net access as well.

Waves Central works with Wine Staging and I don't know about 3.x versions of Wine Staging and if they are in sync with Wine Devel 3.x yet.

Last edited by osxmidi; 03-30-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:28 AM   #368
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
The Native Access fix is in Wine Devel 3.5.
Congratulations! Your first patch accepted into wine, which is much harder to do than it would appear to an outsider..!

Gonna see if I can get further with native access this weekend.

Thanks for working on this, someday we'll get there, and windows vsts work very (surprisingly) well for mixing thanks to reaper's anticipative fx processing.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:18 AM   #369
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
Congratulations! Your first patch accepted into wine, which is much harder to do than it would appear to an outsider..!

Gonna see if I can get further with native access this weekend.

Thanks for working on this, someday we'll get there, and windows vsts work very (surprisingly) well for mixing thanks to reaper's anticipative fx processing.
Thanks.

Anything submitted to Wine has to pass their tests and then be accepted and somehow it got in.

Anyway it solves (hopefully) the Native Access bug but I havn't used it over the net because I don't have anything to register.

I've used Waves Central to manage demo licences for C1 and C4 and it works pretty well with wine staging.

If wine staging 3.x syncs their patches to wine devel 3.x, then wine staging 3.x greater than 3.4 should be able to handle both Native Access and Waves Central but I don't know if wine staging 3.x has the iocompletion routines that wine staging 2.x has as they are needed for Waves Central.

From what I've read, wine staging 2 stopped and then later on it was picked up by some wine devs and they are syncing the 2.x wine staging patches to wine devel 3.x and there are a lot of patches and I don't know what patches have been synced.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:05 AM   #370
Jack Winter

From what I understood the 2 devs doing wine-staging got jobs so had no time to maintain it anymore. So, it ended up a big mess which has been picked up by some new devs. They are trying to catch up, fix up some patch sets for inclusion in wine, and trying to evaluate the rest. There are also many patches that fix something while creating other bugs, so it's not always easy/obvious.

Haven't tried it lately, but am building staging 3.4 right now.

As always wine is a moving target and both interesting as well as frustrating
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Old 04-01-2018, 06:06 AM   #371
osxmidi

The binaries of Wine Staging 3.5 are out for Debian and others (see WineHQ), so I tested Native Access and Waves Central and they seem to work ok.

The only thing I havn't tested is the Native Access reg process.

If anyone wants to install Native Access or Waves Central and get them working then look back over the last few pages of this thread or look at the LinVst readme (a dll override for Native Access and some simple reg entries and a robocopy install and dll override for Waves Central).

The Waves plugins need LinVst 2.1 to run (or make from current source at github).

------

For Debian Wine Staging 3.5 install

wget -nc https://repos.wine-staging.com/alesl...es/Release.key

(btw the dotted part is alesliehughes)

sudo apt-key add Release.key

then

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list and add

deb https://repos.wine-staging.com/alesliehughes/debian/ stretch main

then

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-staging

Last edited by osxmidi; 04-01-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:35 AM   #372
Jack Winter

I declare temporary defeat both with Native Access as well as with Waves Central.

Native access seems to start on one machine but then never displays the GUI properly, I overcame this by running the program with primusrun (on the nvidia instead of the intel gpu). But still it crashes while downloading stuff. On the laptop I didn't even get that far. So it seems like one problem is still the wine/intel opengl interaction.

Waves central displays the window with a wait symbol and never gets anywhere, but I can see in the terminal that it has already crashed.

Interesting that it works for some and not for others, so I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel

Edit: Just tried Waves Central in a 32b prefix, same problem. I have done all the steps described in: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=350

And to clarify Waves Central installs but doesn't run without crashing, just brings up a coloured window and then poof.

Though I have loads of fixmes, I suppose I'm probably missing some overrides...

Last edited by Jack Winter; 04-02-2018 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:22 AM   #373
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
I declare temporary defeat both with Native Access as well as with Waves Central.

Native access seems to start on one machine but then never displays the GUI properly, I overcame this by running the program with primusrun (on the nvidia instead of the intel gpu). But still it crashes while downloading stuff. On the laptop I didn't even get that far. So it seems like one problem is still the wine/intel opengl interaction.

Waves central displays the window with a wait symbol and never gets anywhere, but I can see in the terminal that it has already crashed.

Interesting that it works for some and not for others, so I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel

Edit: Just tried Waves Central in a 32b prefix, same problem. I have done all the steps described in: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=350

And to clarify Waves Central installs but doesn't run without crashing, just brings up a coloured window and then poof.

Though I have loads of fixmes, I suppose I'm probably missing some overrides...
Sounds like a total mess.

The issue with Native Access was that it would display it's window and just sit there saying that it needed to be moved to the Applications folder (because it thought that it was being run from a mounted drive).

The issue with Waves Central was that it would get halfway through the install and then say that something went wrong and that was the end of that https://blog.inagaki.in/wine-waves-central/

I've got an Intel chip on my old laptop that's older than yours and it has no trouble.

I would say that it's a system/wine problem causing the crashing, and I have no idea what it could be, maybe some video driver problem.

Last edited by osxmidi; 04-02-2018 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #374
songshop

Default looking good

been using Reaper under AV Linux for a few days with LinVST. Looking very promising. For my simple mastering purposes it works very reliably so far. Fantastic work everyone.look forward to a full release down the track. Kudos Jack for your efforts as well and to osxmidi for LINVST.

and a plug for AV Linux too - a real gem. used to build my own systems on Arch years back but I couldn't build better than Glen Macarthur does. Worth a look, and great realtime kernels etc etc. He even packaged some early Reaper beta's for his userbase to try. Great work too.

best
g
songshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #375
nosucherror

Default LinVst with multiple monitors

Hi OSXMIDI,
LinVST doesn't display GUIs when I'm using two (different) monitors. The plugins still work and can be controlled by REAPER's UI. If I set the display driver to 'mirror' the primary monitor it all works fine. I'm using a NVIDIA card with the proprietary drivers.
nosucherror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #376
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosucherror View Post
Hi OSXMIDI,
LinVST doesn't display GUIs when I'm using two (different) monitors. The plugins still work and can be controlled by REAPER's UI. If I set the display driver to 'mirror' the primary monitor it all works fine. I'm using a NVIDIA card with the proprietary drivers.
That would probably depend on wine and your system setup.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:23 AM   #377
4duhwinnn

Hi, I think I've followed your tips and install needs OK,
N.A. has my Reaktor Player 6.21, Skanner.rkpl,
and Kontakt Factory Selection listed as installed,
and they work OK, but on other apps, when I use the N.A
'Enter a Serial Number' dialog, it acceps the serial,
but then insists on downloading the latest versions,
(even though existing versions work fine in demo mode)
and then N.A. always throws out a fatal error
about a third of the way
through any download. regardless of download size.

I've saved a few backtrace.txt files,
but don't know where to find the villain.
I could email or post a relevant portion if I
knew what part was to be looked at.
Any tips greatly appreciated!
4duhwinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:26 AM   #378
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
Hi, I think I've followed your tips and install needs OK,
N.A. has my Reaktor Player 6.21, Skanner.rkpl,
and Kontakt Factory Selection listed as installed,
and they work OK, but on other apps, when I use the N.A
'Enter a Serial Number' dialog, it acceps the serial,
but then insists on downloading the latest versions,
(even though existing versions work fine in demo mode)
and then N.A. always throws out a fatal error
about a third of the way
through any download. regardless of download size.

I've saved a few backtrace.txt files,
but don't know where to find the villain.
I could email or post a relevant portion if I
knew what part was to be looked at.
Any tips greatly appreciated!
That's the part I havn't tested.

Native Access seems to want versions in sync and it seems to automatically update older versions as well as itself.

I have got Native Access to run and it often wants to update itself (NI seem to update it quite a lot) and then restart and it does throw an error on restart but after that it seems ok.

But then I couldn't test the reg.

Waves used to throw an error about halfway through downloading the plugins and that was because robocopy.exe wasn't installed and some reg entries were needed so maybe try that .

Installing robocopy https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=17657

Robocopy.exe: Robust File Copy Utility (Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools)

Adding environment variables

wine regedit

Add the following string environment variables under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment

COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
PROGRAMFILES(X86) C:\Program Files (x86)
PUBLIC C:\users\Public

robocopy needs a mfc42u.dll 32 bit override in syswow64

You can send be the backtrace via a private message if you like and I'll take a look at it.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 AM   #379
SuperEB

So I've had Waves plugins working. The first time I ran Waves Central, it was successful in saving the licenses to drive_c. When I ran Waves Central last night, I got a warning that ethernet or USB drive not found and once I logged in it showed the licenses being stored on drive_c, but under "disconnected".

I was able to boot into my W10 partition on transfer the licenses to a USB drive, but Waves Central was not able to find the USB drive in Linux.

I'm thinking that it's because the USB drive is not registered in the Wine registry.

Has anyone been able to get Waves Central to work with a USB drive or offer an explanation for the disconnected drive status?

It's weird that it was able to place the licenses locally but not able to retrieve them.
SuperEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:44 AM   #380
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEB View Post
So I've had Waves plugins working. The first time I ran Waves Central, it was successful in saving the licenses to drive_c. When I ran Waves Central last night, I got a warning that ethernet or USB drive not found and once I logged in it showed the licenses being stored on drive_c, but under "disconnected".

I was able to boot into my W10 partition on transfer the licenses to a USB drive, but Waves Central was not able to find the USB drive in Linux.

I'm thinking that it's because the USB drive is not registered in the Wine registry.

Has anyone been able to get Waves Central to work with a USB drive or offer an explanation for the disconnected drive status?

It's weird that it was able to place the licenses locally but not able to retrieve them.
I've only used Waves Central with demo licenses but what I needed to do was to insert a usb stick before starting Waves Central otherwise the license transfers wouldn't work.

Waves Central seems to have a usb stick thing.

With Wine the drives can be configured using winecfg (usb drive letter etc) but I don't think I needed to do that.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:00 AM   #381
SuperEB

I'm pretty sure I had a the USB drive plugged in the whole time - boot in to Linux, then Windows to transfer licenses and then back to Linux. The USB drive does show up in the drive list with the correct mount point, but I know waves is looking for an ID or serial number for the USB drive before it will acknowledge it and I don't think this is getting through running WC in WINE.

Maybe because I'm using an older version of WINE, staging 2.21 (I think..)

I think the next thing I'm going to try is copying the registry keys in Windows pertaining to the USB drive and place them in the WINE registry.

I'm nervous about leaving my licenses local since none of this is supported by Waves and who knows if they'll change something in the future that would leave my licenses stranded...
Old 04-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #382
osxmidi

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I had a the USB drive plugged in the whole time - boot in to Linux, then Windows to transfer licenses and then back to Linux. The USB drive does show up in the drive list with the correct mount point, but I know waves is looking for an ID or serial number for the USB drive before it will acknowledge it and I don't think this is getting through running WC in WINE.

Maybe because I'm using an older version of WINE, staging 2.21 (I think..)

I think the next thing I'm going to try is copying the registry keys in Windows pertaining to the USB drive and place them in the WINE registry.

I'm nervous about leaving my licenses local since none of this is supported by Waves and who knows if they'll change something in the future that would leave my licenses stranded...
I'm not an experienced user when it comes to "Waves Central".

I will say that Waves have their own quirky way of doing things.

I think what I did was that after installing the C1 demo (that has a licence for a week) I tried to get the licence from the cloud to drive_c and it wouldn't let me do it because of no usb stick even though the usb stick doesn't seem to be involved in the transfer.

So I inserted a usb stick and I think I may have started winecfg and applied the changes and my usb stick was then drive F:\

So then I started Waves Central with the usb stick in and I was then able to install and activate to drive_c (even though the usb stick seemed to have no part in the transfer and I had no licenses or anything on the usb stick).

Maybe a reinstall of the licenses might help.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #383
osxmidi

More news on Native Access.

Native Access crashes at around 33% through an install.

I installed a Reactor demo using Native Access and it stops around 33%.

What is happening is that it's stopping after the download (download uses aria2c.exe) and it actually downloads the file ok in ~/.wine/drive_c/users/user/Downloads but the file is an iso file and it can't mount in Linux (different to real windows) so the install stops at 33%.

If the downloaded iso file is manually mounted in Linux and installed then when Native Access is run again it will say that it's installed.

sudo mkdir -p /mnt/diskiso

sudo mount -o loop ~/.wine/drive_c/users/user/Downloads/isoname.iso /mnt/diskiso

If whatever iso mounter that Native Access is using can be installed using wine then everything would be ok (edit: Native Access seems to have it's own iso driver/mounter that is not working in wine for whatever reasons), otherwise it can be done manually as above.

So as far as I can tell by trying demo installs, Waves Central and Native Access both work (barring individual system problems or whatever).

There is also this workaround used by some Windows users

There's a workaround now that you can pause downloads. I can only speak from Windows perspective. Start your download and pause it. Now go to C: drive and show hidden files, you will see a hidden folder with "ni" in its name. Inside it you will find a "metalink" file, open it in Notepad. At the end of it is the download link, which you copy and paste in your browser. Cancel download from NA, close NA, download via browser, mount ISO, install.

Last edited by osxmidi; 04-23-2018 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:04 AM   #384
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by swindus View Post
Great work!

Some kind of bug, maybe a Tracktion problem? I use all Voxengo plugins with the embedded version of LinVst. They work great without any problems in Reaper. When I use them with Tracktion the DAW freezes immediately when I turn a knob on the plugin GUI with the mouse.

Another thing I noticed is that the space bar does not work in any DAW when a LinVst plugin has the focus. I always need to bring the focus back to the main window to use the space bar for the DAW transport functions.
I've added an experimental focus feature that tries to put the (keyboard) focus back to the daw when the mouse pointer is moved out of the plugin window, so using Reaper's space bar feature would just mean moving the mouse pointer out of the plugin window rather than click to focus.

If anyone is interested on how to enable it, it's in the embedded makefiles (-DFOCUS).
Old 04-28-2018, 10:02 PM   #385
4duhwinnn

Moved my chat about running Korg M1 synth over here, from the
general linux area...

So I find in Korg's install release notes rtf that after V1.70,
which Yehuna is happily using, they introduced a new registration system,
probably an order of magnitude more complex than before, just
to keep up with windows.x

I'll see if Korg will share the older installer, but I imagine
in their eyes, it would defeat the purpose of the new shiny way
of doing things...anyway, the latest installer is 1.8, and running it
in wine 3.6 Mint 18, cloaked as win 7 or win 10, results in this error,
almost verbatim...

0077:fixme:explorerframe:taskbar_list_SetProgressS tate iface 0x157c90, hwnd (nil), flags 2 stub!
0077:fixme:explorerframe:taskbar_list_SetProgressV alue iface 0x157c90, hwnd (nil), ullCompleted 0, ullTotal 603a stub!
007c:fixme:thread:GetThreadUILanguage : stub, returning default language.
007c:fixme:nls:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 0x33d50c, (nil) 0x33d534
007c:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 0x33d50c (nil) 0x33d534) returning a dummy value (current locale)
007c:fixme:nls:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 0x33d50c, 0xcda680 0x33d534
007c:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 0x33d50c 0xcda680 0x33d534) returning a dummy value (current locale)
007c:fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x105d2 0x00000000
007c:fixme:uxtheme:BufferedPaintInit Stub ()
007c:fixme:dwmapiwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33e90c
007c:fixme:event:wait_for_withdrawn_state window 0x105d2/4400003 wait timed out

Cheers
Old 04-29-2018, 12:15 AM   #386
Yehuna

Mmh, as you are the owner of the M1 plugin I could provide you with my older installer file to see if this works. But I am not sure if you still can register this one on the old korg user net website as this one is about to be closed - as far as I know. If you are interested please send me a private message.
Yehuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:55 AM   #387
SuperEB

Perhaps this thread should be made into a subforum as we are all trying to get different Windows plugins working in Linux...

Still trying to Waves Central to recognize my USB drive with licenses.

When I run Waves Central, here's what I get:

some@one ~ $ env WINEPREFIX="/home/supereb/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/supereb/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Desktop/Waves\ Central.lnk
0154:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
0154:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
some@one ~ $ 0156:fixme:kerberos:kerberos_SpInstanceInit 65536,0x7ddd13a0,(nil): stub
0157:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x347fe9c (nil)): stub
0159:fixmele:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),0,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub!
0156:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
015a:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x46afecc (nil)): stub
0156:fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
0156:fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
0156:fixme:wlanapi:WlanRegisterNotification (0x1, 65535, 1, 0x5512850, 0x5248fe0, (nil), (nil)) stub
0160:fixme:wlanapi:WlanEnumInterfaces (0x1, (nil), 0x54edcc8) semi-stub
0160:fixme:wlanapi:WlanEnumInterfaces (0x1, (nil), 0x54ed778) semi-stub
0163:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x63fe9c (nil)): stub
0162:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33fe0c (nil)): stub
0156:fixmerocess:SetProcessDEPPolicy (3): stub
0156:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({d2d578d9-2936-45b6-a09f-30e32715f42d}, 0x11517c0, 0x2e1f618, 0x2e8fd08) stub.
0156:fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0156:fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
0156:fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_locale failed to get locale name for lcid=0x00000455
0156:fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_locale failed to get locale name for lcid=0x00000455
0156:fixme:nls:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 0x33f9d4, (nil) 0x33f9d8
0156:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 0x33f9d4 (nil) 0x33f9d8) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0156:fixme:nls:GetThreadPreferredUILanguages 00000038, 0x33f9d4, 0x529b230 0x33f9d8
0156:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x38 0x33f9d4 0x529b230 0x33f9d8) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0156:fixme:winsock:WSALookupServiceBeginW (0x33f754 0x00000ff0 0x33f794) Stub!
0156:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x33f8f4, overlapped 0x529c220): stub
0156:fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x80182, filter=0x33f8c8,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!
0156:fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x80182, filter=0x33f8c8,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!
0156:fixme:font:get_outline_text_metrics failed to read full_nameW for font L"Ani"!
0171:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW (0x11775e0, 0x2e90908, {3dada31d-19ef-4dc1-b345-037927193422}, 1, 0x2e1f684, (null), (null), 0x2e90920): stub
0171:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW register trace class {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
0156:fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x40212, filter=0x33fc30,flags=0x00000000) returns a fake device notification handle!
017d:fixme:kerberos:kerberos_SpInstanceInit 65536,0x7de113a0,(nil): stub
017d:fixmerocess:SetProcessDEPPolicy (3): stub
017d:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({d2d578d9-2936-45b6-a09f-30e32715f42d}, 0xf517c0, 0x2c1f618, 0x2c8fd08) stub.
017d:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW (0xf775e0, 0x2c90908, {3dada31d-19ef-4dc1-b345-037927193422}, 1, 0x2c1f684, (null), (null), 0x2c90920): stub
017d:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW register trace class {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
017d:fixme:file:FindFirstFileExW flags not implemented 0x00000002
017d:fixme:gdi:GdiInitializeLanguagePack stub
0189:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({5eec90ab-c022-44b2-a5dd-fd716a222a15}, 0x180001000, 0x180012030, 0x180012050) stub.
0189:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x18000fd70, 43) stub
0189:fixme:kerberos:kerberos_SpInstanceInit 65536,0x7fe215d9f7a0,(nil): stub
0189:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x1e87c7e8) stub
0189:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x17761e0) stub
0189:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x1e8de168) stub
0189:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x1e7bef30) stub
0189:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventUnregister (deadbeef) stub.
018b:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33fe0c (nil)): stub
017d:fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
017d:fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_codepage encoding 20 not handled, platform 1.
017d:fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_locale failed to get locale name for lcid=0x00000455
017d:fixme:dwrite:get_name_record_locale failed to get locale name for lcid=0x00000455
018f:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0173:fixme:winhttp:get_system_proxy_autoconfig_url no support on this platform
0173:fixme:winhttp:WinHttpDetectAutoProxyConfigUrl discovery via DHCP not supported
0156:fixme:dwmapiwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33cc34
0156:fixme:dwmapiwmEnableBlurBehindWindow 0x9018e 0x33cc44
0198:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)
0198:fixme:cdrom:CDROM_GetDeviceNumber stub
0198:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)
0198:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x33fe0c (nil)): stub
0160:fixme:wlanapi:WlanEnumInterfaces (0x1, (nil), 0x54ed6d8) semi-stub

Haha some of the output got converted to emoticons..
Old 04-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #388
Yehuna

I am not really sure if this is the right place for this post - so if not, dear admins, please move this to a desired place.

I am not sure about all the wine versions out there, or all linux operation systems. But, as I really make good experiences with the current wine-devel version in combination with wineasio, I want to provide my install procedure. Maybe it helps to find some issues:

So after installing and updating/upgrading my system (I run lubuntu 18.04 bionic beaver 64 bit) I first installed the kxstudio repos, and from them the kxstudio desktop. Then, after rebooting, I did the jackd settings to make my sound system work.

From here, I did the following steps:

1. Install the wineasio package from kxstudio (not the kxstudio-meta-wine package) This will install wine-rt too, which is quite old, prevents a lot of plugins from running well and is not needed anymore.
sudo apt-get install wineasio

2. Install the carla packages:
sudo apt-get install carla-git carla-bridge-linux32:i386 carla-bridge-linux64 carla-bridge-win32 carla-bridge-win64 carla-bridge-wine32:i386 carla-bridge-wine64 carla-data carla-lv2 carla-lv2-plugins carla-vst

3. Install current wine-version:
wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key
sudo apt-key add Release.key
sudo apt-add-repository https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/

With Ubuntu-Derivates Version 18.04 (bionic) you will receive an error message. For now: Do a
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

change the line
deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ bionic main
to
deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ artful main

safe the file

then do a
sudo apt-get update
everything should look ok now

finally: do a
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-devel

a wine --version should give you the right number - in my case it is wine 3.7

This will replace wine-rt, which get removed. Wineasio and carla packages should remain on the system without a problem.

4. Move /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine/wineasio.dll.so to /opt/wine-devel/lib/wine/
mv /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine/wineasio.dll.so /opt/wine-devel/lib/wine/

5. Delete /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine/
rm -r /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine/

6. Make a symbolic link from /opt/wine-devel/lib/wine/ to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine
ln -s /opt/wine-devel/lib/wine/ /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wine

7. Move /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/wineasio.dll.so to /opt/wine-devel/lib64/wine/
mv /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/wineasio.dll.so /opt/wine-devel/lib64/wine/

8. Delete /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/
rm -r /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/

9. Make a symbolic link from /opt/wine-devel/lib64/wine/ to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine
ln -s /opt/wine-devel/lib64/wine/ /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine

10. Register the wineasio.dll:
wine64 regsvr32 wineasio.dll

After this wineasio should work fine with new wine.

Now you can start to install the plugins and software you need as well.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #389
osxmidi

Quote:
Perhaps this thread should be made into a subforum as we are all trying to get different Windows plugins working in Linux...

Still trying to Waves Central to recognize my USB drive with licenses.

What distro are you running.

I got Waves Central to work with demo 7 day licenses using Wine Staging 2.21 and Debian 9.

I transferred the licenses to drive_c from the cloud.

I had to insert a usb stick before Waves Central would transfer the licenses (the usb stick had nothing on it, but it had to be there for Waves Central to be able to do it's thing).

So on my setup, Waves Central found the usb drive ok and installed the licences to drive_c from the cloud and everything was ok.

Maybe if you delete your wine prefix rm -R .wine and start again by then installing Waves Central again and start it with a usb stick in a usb slot and then try to transfer the usb licenses or maybe transfer the licenses back to the cloud on a windows system and then transfer the licenses from the cloud to drive_c.

It seems to me like something went wrong with your transfer from the cloud to drive_c and then you seemed to try the usb licenses, maybe something about your current wine prefix ain't quite right.

I've used Waves Central with Wine Staging 2.21 and Wine Staging 3.5.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:22 AM   #390
SuperEB

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
What distro are you running.
Thanks for responding. I'm using Mint 18.3. I will try your suggestions.

When I first installed WC, I don't recall whether there was a USB drive connected, but I know that WC did not recognize the presence of a USB drive. It did recognize my network card ID, so drive_c was an option.

I transferred my licenses to drive_c and then immediately got a warning about no connected devices and my licenses on drive_c were shown in the disconnected devices area. I thought they were lost, but the plugins seemed to be able to validate the licenses without a problem. WC in WINE could never locate them. Weird.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:21 AM   #391
osxmidi

Quote:
Thanks for responding. I'm using Mint 18.3. I will try your suggestions.

When I first installed WC, I don't recall whether there was a USB drive connected, but I know that WC did not recognize the presence of a USB drive. It did recognize my network card ID, so drive_c was an option.

I transferred my licenses to drive_c and then immediately got a warning about no connected devices and my licenses on drive_c were shown in the disconnected devices area. I thought they were lost, but the plugins seemed to be able to validate the licenses without a problem. WC in WINE could never locate them. Weird.
From what I remember, when Waves Central or the Waves plugins themselves started up they looked for drive F:\ and drive G:\ and Waves Central has a thing about a usb stick being inserted and if it wasn't inserted then I couldn't transfer the licenses from the cloud to drive_c and just a blank usb stick is enough, I didn't need to have licenses on the usb stick, as long as some sort of usb stick was inserted then Waves Central was happy and then it would allow license transfer from the cloud to drive_c.

After that my licences worked as expected and stopped working after the 7 day demo limit came to an end, so the license part worked as expected.

Maybe you could test that your usb drive is working with wine by using some other windows app that can use the usb, maybe a windows editor run under wine and try to save a file to your inserted usb stick to test that the usb stick is working with wine.

Deleting the wine prefix means that robocopy (and it's 32 bit dll override, mfc42u.dll 32 bit override in syswow64) need to be reinstalled because Waves Central uses robocopy for the file installations (Native Instruments uses aria2c) and the reg entries need to be set up again (details are in an above post).
Old 04-30-2018, 01:31 PM   #392
4duhwinnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehuna View Post
Mmh, as you are the owner of the M1 plugin I could provide you with my older installer file to see if this works. But I am not sure if you still can register this one on the old korg user net website as this one is about to be closed - as far as I know. If you are interested please send me a private message.
Hi, I put in a support request with my purchase details
at Korg, asking to receive a 1.7 download link. They've been
pretty busy with their updates, so I don't expect a speedy reply.
So I may take you up on the offer in a couple weeks, if I don't
here back from them.

That's a great wine install guide you've written!
You also could post it over at a couple of the kvr linux topics

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...8fca&start=780

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...869af21d1d8fca

or I could quote them there, if you're not a member...etc
Cheers
Old 04-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #393
Yehuna

Quote:

or I could quote them there, if you're not a member...etc
Cheers
I am not a member there, so, if you find it useful, please do this for me
Old 05-04-2018, 10:51 PM   #394
osxmidi

Waves step by step install.

I installed Wine Staging 3.7 (delete any previous .wine prefix and run winecfg to create a new one)

I installed Waves Central.

I inserted a usb stick, because Waves Central seems to require a usb stick to be present and the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools install (robocopy) seems to make a note of what drives are available including usb sticks, so it's best to get the usb stick added to the robocopy install.

Waves Central uses robocopy for file transfers whereas Native Access uses aria2c for file transfers.

Robocopy is part of Vista on up but Wine doesn't have robocopy so it has to be installed.

I installed the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools (robocopy).

I installed a mfc42u.dll 32 bit override and a mfc42.dll 32 bit override in /windows/syswow64 and added mfc42 and mfc42u into the winecfg Libraries tab.

I then edited the registry (wine regedit) and added new strings and values under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment

COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

PROGRAMFILES(X86) C:\Program Files (x86)

PUBLIC C:\users\Public

I then logged in at Waves and picked a Waves demo from the Waves site.

I then ran Waves Central and chose easy install and activate (or transfer licence from the cloud to drive_c and then install the plugin/s).

The Waves plugins needed a mfc140.dll override (for 64 bit plugins copy mfc140.dll to windows/system32 and add mfc140 into the Libraries section of winecfg.

The plugin to wrap (with linvst.so) was WaveShellxxxxx.dll in Program Files/VstPlugIns for 64 bit systems.

I then started Reaper and added Program Files/VstPlugIns to the vst search path.

The Waves plugins loaded ok and Waves Central displayed a demo licence (around 7 days licence for a demo).

The winbind and libntlm0 and gnutls packages might need to be installed for net access.

Last edited by osxmidi; 05-05-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:55 PM   #395
osxmidi

Native Access seems to work ok but

Native Access requires Wine Devel/Wine Staging 3.5 or later and a msvcp140.dll override (and the plugins need the msvcp140.dll override as well).

Native Access aborts during a download, so a manual mounting and install of the downloaded iso file or a manual unzipping and install of the downloaded zip file in ~/.wine/drive_c/users/user/Downloads is needed.

sudo mkdir -p /mnt/diskiso

sudo mount -o loop ~/.wine/drive_c/users/user/Downloads/isoname.iso /mnt/diskiso

Even on Windows some users seem to resort to manually mounting and installing the iso's.

The winbind and libntlm0 and gnutls packages might need to be installed for net access.

Last edited by osxmidi; 05-04-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:22 PM   #396
4duhwinnn

I tried the above steps/installs, with the Reaktor Form.iso
(a sample modding ensemble) and the installer runs up to
'the good part', but then asks for the 'Form disk'.

I do have a burned Form.iso mounted in the cd/dvd drive,
but I guess that doesn't count.

So I copied over as much of the win7 Form install as I could find,
and it runs in Mint 18 with registered Reaktor Player 6.21 as
an unactivated demo, where I can drag/drop samples on it's
gui, and it applies them to the demo preset settings.

Here are the last lines of the error the installer concludes with:

0058:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x132f9b8 1 C) semi-stub
0058:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x132f918 1 C) semi-stub
0058:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x132f6f8 1 C) semi-stub
0058:fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x10234, filter=0x132fce0,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
0058:fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
0058:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xa9124e4) stub
0059:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0xa4df9b8 1 C) semi-stub
0059:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0xa4df918 1 C) semi-stub
0059:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0xa4df6f8 1 C) semi-stub
0059:fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x20234, filter=0xa4dfce0,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
0059:fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
0059:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xaa224e4) stub

(in the right hands, Form would be a great addition to one's
synth collection, especially for those not vexed by the Reaktor
ways of making the simple to be vastly more complex than needed.
The sound capability is pretty amazing. The demo runs 30 minutes,
and then Reaktor Player must be reloaded)
Cheers

Last edited by 4duhwinnn; 05-07-2018 at 10:23 PM. Reason: bettah
Old 05-08-2018, 04:35 AM   #397
osxmidi

Quote:
I tried the above steps/installs, with the Reaktor Form.iso
(a sample modding ensemble) and the installer runs up to
'the good part', but then asks for the 'Form disk'.

I do have a burned Form.iso mounted in the cd/dvd drive,
but I guess that doesn't count.

So I copied over as much of the win7 Form install as I could find,
and it runs in Mint 18 with registered Reaktor Player 6.21 as
an unactivated demo, where I can drag/drop samples on it's
gui, and it applies them to the demo preset settings.

Here are the last lines of the error the installer concludes with:

0058:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x132f9b8 1 C) semi-stub
0058:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x132f918 1 C) semi-stub
0058:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x132f6f8 1 C) semi-stub
0058:fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x10234, filter=0x132fce0,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
0058:fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
0058:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xa9124e4) stub
0059:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0xa4df9b8 1 C) semi-stub
0059:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0xa4df918 1 C) semi-stub
0059:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0xa4df6f8 1 C) semi-stub
0059:fixme:win:RegisterDeviceNotificationW (hwnd=0x20234, filter=0xa4dfce0,flags=0x00000004) returns a fake device notification handle!
0059:fixme:win:UnregisterDeviceNotification (handle=0xcafeaffe), STUB!
0059:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0xaa224e4) stub

(in the right hands, Form would be a great addition to one's
synth collection, especially for those not vexed by the Reaktor
ways of making the simple to be vastly more complex than needed.
The sound capability is pretty amazing. The demo runs 30 minutes,
and then Reaktor Player must be reloaded)
Cheers
Another quirk from NI.

Maybe there is a way around it.

The Reaktor and Kontakt iso's seem ok.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #398
4duhwinnn

It must be difficult for NI to insure such quirks do not exist,
given the massive size of their product katalog, the number
of programmers, perhaps both in-house and contractors,
and the need for a suitable team of quality-assurance gurus
who can spot, or respond to issues as they appear.
Not to mention the countless joys imposed on them
by Microsoft and iApple...

My peanut gallery opinion is that the layers of complexity
they impose on both their coders and customers, presumably
to minimize software piracy, has not itself been profitable,
but the result is masked by healthy sales of otherwise excellent
products, and company popularity remains high enough,
aided by very generous demos, traditional half-price sales,
and some nice software gifts.

Cheers

Last edited by 4duhwinnn; 05-08-2018 at 11:12 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #399
osxmidi

Quote:
It must be difficult for NI to insure such quirks do not exist,
given the massive size of their product katalog, the number
of programmers, perhaps both in-house and contractors,
and the need for a suitable team of quality-assurance gurus
who can spot, or respond to issues as they appear.
Not to mention the countless joys imposed on them
by Microsoft and iApple...

My peanut gallery opinion is that the layers of complexity
they impose on both their coders and customers, presumably
to minimize software piracy, has not itself been profitable,
but the result is masked by healthy sales of otherwise excellent
products, and company popularity remains high enough,
aided by very generous demos, traditional half-price sales,
and some nice software gifts.

Cheers
My 2 cents worth,

Yes there seems to be quite a few complaints about Native Access and Waves Central around the net.

They do seem to hire programmers with some strange tendencies.

Like, Native Access ends up using some Mac unix paths for the Windows version which is why Native Access wouldn't run under Wine.

Maybe the Form problem is a Mac unix path problem but I can't pick up much from the winedebug logs.

The current Waves plugins have a beginner programmer bug in them (WM_PAINT) which LinVst needs to work around, so I told Waves about the bug and they just replied that they only support their supported hosts.

Waves Central seems to have a usb quirk where it won't install and activate unless a usb stick is inserted even though the usb stick isn't doing anything.

They both seem to make their reg process more complicated then it needs to be IMO or they need to get it right so that it works in an easy way but as you say maybe multiple programmers and outsourcing leads to possible control problems and then the net complaints from some users.

Why use iso's and then why do the iso's have both mac and windows installers on them which makes the download for a windows user larger then it needs to be and someone complained about it and NI said they were looking into replacing iso's but that was a while ago and they still seem to be using iso's.

Last edited by osxmidi; 05-08-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #400
halfshavedyaks

Default Kontakte / Komplete 9 & DMG audio

I am thrilled to see a native linux version of reaper finally available.

To make it usable for me I will need to get Kontakt pianos working, and also equick and limitless from dmg audio.

I own komplete 9, but the only part of it I actually use and need are the pianos and clavinet, and maybe studio drummer. Even this is probably transitional until I can afford to get going with pianoteq.

I have no intention of ever updating it and no interest in new NI stuff.

Komplete 9 on my MacOS machine seems to still work with service center AFAICT.

I'm completely new to running non-native plugins on linux - has anyone done a guide to getting pre-NA Kontakte working?

Is there one of the several wrapper options that is best suited? There's a bewildering amount of quite technical info on this thread and I'm hoping someone can point me to a starting point for kontakt.
halfshavedyaks is offline   Reply With Quote