Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
artisticspider
Human being with feelings

Default Automatically load track templates upon renaming tracks?

I'm looking for a way that much like how SWS auto-color acts upon renaming, will instead import a track template upon creating new tracks with new names. This would come in handy for me when I have people that I hire send MIDI files from scores. I can take those midi files, import them all at once, and as they come in and automatically rename to their designated instrument, automatically load track templates dependent on those instrument names.

Is this possible? I find that having to import midi files for scores and then add each vst then each patch individually to be very time consuming especially since there sometimes can be 20+ tracks.
artisticspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
artisticspider

Bumping for info or workarounds
artisticspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
Lokasenna

Automatic would be pretty hard, if not impossible.

A script could probably handle automatically adding templates based on the track names, but the API doesn't let us do it directly so it would be a bit of pain. Doable, but a pain.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
Philbo King

If the midi files have names that reflect the instrument name(s) and midi channel(s), and you have text file patch list(s) for your synth(s), it might be possible to script something that would do this.

It would be a start to do this for a limited subset of these things first, get the basic data handling schema debugged and working, then add more capability later. I'm not your guy (I did a couple million lines of code in my old day job, and don't want to do that again in this lifetime) but there might be somebody on the forum who's up for hire. Maybe check in the Developer Forum?
Philbo King is offline   Reply With Quote