Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 08-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #1
Sweetfoot
Human being with feelings

Default How to quickly link all parameters between two Identical FX

I will often double or triple track lead vocals. I use slate's virtual mix rack (VMR) on all of the tracks. I usually want the same chain on all tracks with identical settings. What I'd like to be able to do is open the FX chain for my lead vocal, make changes to the settings and/or swap out VMR modules and have all of the changes automatically apply to the FX chains on the double and triple tracks. How would I go about setting this up in a way that wouldn't require going in and manually linking every parameter whenever I add a new VMR module?
Sweetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
Tone Ranger

Following!
Tone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #3
Lokasenna

You can't directly link parameters on different tracks, unfortunately. There are a few ways to work around that limitation though - for instance, having a script that automatically updates the children when you change the parent. Have a look for Set selected tracks FX parameters values from last focused FX (real-time) on ReaPack, or just search for "fx parameter" to see a few others.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:19 AM   #4
DarkStar

And, once you have set it all up for the three tracks, save them as a Track Template for next time.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
for instance, having a script that automatically updates the children when you change the parent.
or, I imagine, adding Automation item to all source FX parameters, then adding pools to child FX. But in this case you can control stuff only with TCP.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #6
ashcat_lt

There are a couple of JS plugs out there that can help you link parameters across tracks. It’s a little fiddley but works. Another option might be to put them all in one “rack track” where linking parameters is easy. Assign each a different pair of channels and route from the vocal “tape tracks” through the “rack” and on to another set of “mixer tracks”. I don’t think the hassle of feedback routing to have them back on the original tracks is worth it, but it could be done, too.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:45 AM   #7
Sweetfoot

Thank you all for the answers! "Set selected tracks FX parameters values from last focused FX (real-time)" is close enough to what I need.
Sweetfoot is offline   Reply With Quote