Old 07-25-2019, 12:33 AM   #1
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Default SONIVOX How do you get them to respond

Been trying to get a response from them for a couple of weeks on an issue with one of their plugins I bought & so far all I have is three auto-responses promising torespond within 72 hours & that is IT.

I assume they are in the USA, although the phone number on their site doesnt give a country code.

Anyone live near them that could phone them locally on my behalf? I am working on finalising my first ever collection of song (used to be called albums!) and desperately need the DVI DyanBass plug to work.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:44 AM   #2
Tiggerdyret

Honestly I would just try and find an alternative plugin IMO it is best stay far away from Sonivox. Their plugins are trash most of the time and the rare ones that sound good often have stability issues anyway making them completely useless. It's no suprise that their costumer service is awful too as they'd probably have to return most of their sales, if people could get in contact with them.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but that is just my experience and what I've heard when I started to do research having had problems with a plugin myself.
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:23 AM   #3
Pinknoise

I have stability issues too with Strings. Uninstalled and looked elsewhere.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #4
ivansc

O.K. then - I guess the answer to this one is now "does anyone have the DVI Dynacoustic Bass plugin that I could compare notes with to see what I have missing or in the wroong place on my computer?

I hae actually found the main program folder and a folder with several AI files for my Sonivox plugs, including DVI DynaBass and also a ILF file for the DynaBass, plus a bunch of files labeled as "wav" that none of my wav playing softs can play!

And what it boils down to is that I need to find another plucked upright bass that I like and can afford. Shame as this one used to sound great.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #5
AJYoung

As for upright bass samples, maybe give Karoryfer a shot? They're SFZ libraries that work with Plogue Sforzando. Looks like they sampled plucked articulations on both of these libraries:

https://www.karoryfer.com/karoryfer-...ictwa/meatbass
https://www.karoryfer.com/karoryfer-...ictwa/ergo-eub

Multiple velocity layers, round-Robin, plus can't beat free!
AJYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #6
ivansc

@AJ: I was afraid I would have to learn another sample player.... I already own & use about half a dozen...wish I could stay with either a UVI or a Kontakt instrument. I have downloaded a bunch of free or cxheap uprightsa & am starting to plod theough them.

So disappointed with Sonivox but if they are indeed now owned by IKMM that explains everything. I am teetering on the edge of dumping everything I own by IKMM already, so...