Old 04-03-2020, 01:56 AM   #1
xpander
Human being with feelings

Default v6.08rc2 - April 2 2020

v6.08rc2 - April 2 2020

+ NINJAM import: create a track full of empty item chat messages
# NINJAM import: remember concat state
# ReaNINJAM: fixed issue with sync (would either crash or seek to the incorrect time)
# ReaNINJAM: sync options behave properly on background projects

This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.
Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:01 AM   #2
mschnell

ReaNinjam setting the time selection length according to the server setting is great.

But IMHO it should not reset the start of the time selection to the start of the project (but e.g. simply leave it where it is when hitting "set project loop and tempo"), to allow for projects that contain multiple loops or loops with some kind of introduction.

Otherwise we would always need to cut the audio appropriately.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-03-2020 at 03:49 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:53 AM   #3
mschnell

ReaNinJam:
We found a problem with the voice-chat functionality.

- Sometimes there is a huge delay, even if voice-chat is shown at both sites and it'running since a long time. Maybe it even did not switch to chat mode at both sites. It can be cured by switching to normal mode and then back to voice-chat mode. Now it works perfectly (delay less than 1/2 sec).We found this issue several times.

- when switching from normal mode to voice-chat mode we needed to wait until the loop is completely through until the listening to chat was activated. Maybe it's a bug, but maybe it can't be done otherwise...

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-04-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:57 AM   #4
mschnell

ReaNinJam:

IMHO it would be appropriate to be able to set the new sync->StartReaper mode even if disconnected and store it temporarily and in the ini file so that disconnecting and reconnecting is more easy.
-Michael
Old 04-03-2020, 04:14 AM   #5
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
ReaNinJam:

IMHO it would be appropriate to be able to set the new sync->StartReaper mode even if disconnected and store it temporarily and in the ini file so that disconnecting and reconnecting is more easy.
-Michael
I am not sure about this one. As Justin already stated and also is documented in changelogs, that auto-start is "on-demand". It may appear counterproductive if everytime you disconnect/connect Reaper starts to play its timeline (maybe different project tab is currently selected, maybe you connected to different server for whatever reason and then you start to play timeline audio into their currently running jam unintentionally, also tempo does not have to match when doing so).

For me, on-demand tempo and auto-play actions are more appropriate. Just my opinion.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:16 AM   #6
akademie

Quote:
v6.08rc2 - April 2 2020
+ NINJAM import: create a track full of empty item chat messages
# NINJAM import: remember concat state
Thanks for these ones.

EDIT: Tested and works great (both)

On Windows (don't know if Linux Mac is different in this) if more chat messages are included in one interval, they are pretty nicely displayed in items on the timeline - they are on spearate lines (only if height of track is tiny, it starts to put them after each other on one line which is fine), but if I open the text edit window, messages are on one line, adding Enter to separate them here results in blank lines in item diplay then, which is bad. So I think it has something to do with newline codes OD OA versus OA only (difference in displayin these Linux/DOS line separators in items versus edit window)? Not extra big problem if it should be complicated...

Quote:
v6.08rc2 - April 2 2020
# ReaNINJAM: fixed issue with sync (would either crash or seek to the incorrect time)
# ReaNINJAM: sync options behave properly on background projects
Nice for these (starting from any point in time line where cursor is placed is working)
Didn't tested background projects, yet.

!!! BAD !!! - auto-play start sync is all over the place again. In rc1 it was already absolutelly reliable, everytime I ordered to start from ninjam its metronomes lined up (even with audio buffer 1024). Now it's hit'n'miss although

I will try this release later.

Last edited by akademie; 04-03-2020 at 05:29 AM. Reason: EDIT: quick testing added, BAD auto-play start sync
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:03 AM   #7
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
I am not sure about this one. As Justin already stated and also is documented in changelogs, that auto-start is "on-demand". It may appear counterproductive if everytime you disconnect/connect Reaper starts to play its timeline (maybe different project tab is currently selected, maybe you connected to different server for whatever reason and then you start to play timeline audio into their currently running jam unintentionally, also tempo does not have to match when doing so).

For me, on-demand tempo and auto-play actions are more appropriate. Just my opinion.
So maybe it could be optionally:

[No]
[Active]
[Always Active]

-Michael
Old 04-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #8
Ideosound

Would it be possible to update REAPER's built-in BitBlt and StretchBlt to apply per-pixel alpha in Metal? Or more simply, some scripts on mac require you to use the classic (old) draw mode when we want to be able to use metal to draw and scripts that need that functionality to still work.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2265706

It's too technical for me to fully explain/understand but any mods/devs will get the problem we are talking about after a quick browse of the linked thread above.

Cheers
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 07:26 AM   #9
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
auto-play start sync is all over the place again
Ah thanks, fixing for rc3.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:32 AM   #10
akademie