COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 02-25-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
capn slugo
Human being with feelings

Default "S&M - resources"

Is there any any info on how to populate the “S&M-resources" box under sws extensions with a track(s) on the current project open so that I can create and direct the action: "loop media item in selected track" to that specific midi track in order to keep that specific track's midi sustaining in order to defeat reapers "note off on stop" message?

When you click “resource” tab in sws extensions, the “S&M resources" prompt/ box “ comes up. There dosn't seem to be any mention in the entire sws manual of the box or how to get your projects tracks into it so you can target them for the "loop media item in selected track" or any other action .

I’m back on a two week bender determined to defeat reapers - note off on stop for reasons described here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...65#post1316965

Any ideas would be a great help/

Last edited by capn slugo; 02-25-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
BenK-msx

hi,
see the resources top-left button? - R-click it and select auto fill from project directory..

it will populate with the projects items.. not tracks.

then you can use the loop media in slot n actions..

you will prob need to select the track that outputs to the midi device first.. you can do that in a macro made in the cycle action editor..
briefly: using the 'console' command (found via r click in cycle action editor, insert>insert statement>console to select track called whatever: EXAMPLE:

console S*thenameofyourtrack
loop media in selected track slot 1
etc.

which selects ONLY tracks called thenameofyourtrack

basically right click different areas in S&M usually reveals options. best o luck
Old 02-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
capn slugo

Please forgive me /Sorry to say that I found the cycle action editor but I don’t see “insert” or anything like it to select any track

As far as the resource list : I’m able to populate with wave files but I’m trying to loop a midi track so It doesn’t come up in the resource list . –

Do I have to fool reaper by recording audio on the same track?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
BenK-msx

the midi from the midi track has to be exported as a midi file from within the midi editor, then if that file is in your project directory it will show up in a slot..

resources only plays media items (audio or midi files) 'through' reaper tracks, not entire contents of certain tracks.

i'll find some further info on the cycle editor to link to, but as before right click the left side to name a new action/macro then r click on the right side to create it.

may help:
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...postcount=1179

Last edited by BenK-msx; 02-25-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
capn slugo

Haaa – It’s looping the entire midi file and my lights are flashing/looping what would be the preset change indication on stop instead of simply holding – – there’s no way to get around reapers note off on stop. At that/what's worse is now i see that when I go to record again my leds all go out - while the presets stay where I want them. There may be a mindbending way to stop that - but what other aspect will that screw up?

I’d give up but I’ve been at this for weeks
Old 03-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #6
Jeffos
Mortal

Just an addtionnal tip to BenK-msx's replies (not replying to the "note off on stop" part of the thread, although I already had to workaround that too!) : the easier thing to do in such cases is just to drag-drop files from an Explorer/Finder in the Resources window.

The "auto-fill" button (top left button of the Resources window) is nice to populate slots "out of the box" after installing the extension, i.e. it automatically populates all files you've saved in REAPER's default resource paths (as BenK said, you can specify a custom path by right-clicking the auto-fill button, but that'd a bit convoluted in this simple case).

Moving the thread to Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto!
EDIT: humm.. no, I can't haha!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #7
BenK-msx

Hi Jeffos, a Q whilst you're here -

is it possible to 'auto' auto-fill?

e.g user is recording loops into reaper (that create new file each loop), and resources would auto add any new files that appear in the specified directory to a new slot, so user can almost instantly use that file to play through different tracks or play looped etc?
seems a bit closer to achieving a non-linear 'clips' type setup.

- now, let me invite you into the blue sky room... grab a beanbag:

a bit more wild would be something whereby a region of time and a certain track can be 'hot linked' to a slot, so any media in the time region X on track Y is effectively the media in that slot. you can call them 'le meta-slots' ... cool huh.

anyway - first suggestion is serious, 2nd perhaps more hopeful, thanks as always.