Old 02-19-2021, 06:37 AM   #1
elcalen
Human being with feelings

Default Transport time signature background

Editing the colours and backgrounds of my transport area, I haven't been able to figure out where the background of the time signature box is defined. Anyone happen to know?
elcalen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:07 PM   #2
mister happy

If I understand the question correctly, the coloring of the time signature area in the transport bar is described by two graphic files:

transport_group_bg.png
transport_edit_bg.png

These files are used elsewhere so editing them will have consequences in other parts of the theme. The "rate" dialog and the "selection" parameter display are examples of elements using the same graphics.

Hope this helps in some small way.
mister happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:48 AM   #3
elcalen

Ok, those two images apparently didn't exist in the default theme, so no wonder I couldn't locate them.

Adding these images does have an effect. It's a little awkward that the selection fields are also affected... And it looks like something else must be affecting the time signature area as well? Because I made transport_group_bg.png and transport_edit_bg.png exactly the same shade of grey as my transport_bpm.png and transport_bpm_bg.png, but for some reason the time signature is noticeably darker...
Old 03-01-2021, 11:10 AM   #4
SNJUK2

Hi You need transport_status_bg.png
SNJUK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:39 AM   #5
elcalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJUK2 View Post
Hi You need transport_status_bg.png
As far as I can tell, that does not affect the time signature area, just the current position/status display.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:40 AM   #6
SNJUK2

SNJUK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:12 AM   #7
elcalen

I'm not talking about the lane. I mean the time signature box that's near the bpm, global automation override, and play rate settings, in the transport area.

transport_group_bg.png and transport_edit_bg.png, which mister happy mentioned, affect the appearance. But like I said earlier, something else seems to be affecting it as well, because for some reason it's appearing darker than the bg images...
Old 03-02-2021, 07:24 AM   #8
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Depending on the element, there can be numerous ways to change the appearance of an element in a Reaper theme, and each individual theme may choose which one to use, or use several of them in combination.

Some screenshots would help in suggesting what's going on for you, but you may need to post your theme to get a definitive answer.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:47 AM   #9
elcalen

I'm mostly just tweaking the default version 6 theme with image edits and the theme tweaker tool.

However, I managed to solve at least some of my issues! Digging into the Walter code, I discovered it was the line "set trans.curtimesig.color + text_color [0 0 0 0 43 43 43 255]" that was subtly changing the background colour of the time signature box. If I comment that out or say change it to just a single colour without the summing, I can use transport_group_bg.png and transport_edit_bg.png to modify the background.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:41 AM   #10
ElvisSB

I think he's talking about this, which is the exact same problem I'm having. If anybody knows how to tweak this background color from the transport's time signature, please let us know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg time sign.jpg (2.4 KB, 62 views)
ElvisSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 11:25 AM   #11
Rednroll

You may need to post the actual theme as previously mentioned since it is theme dependent of how the developer decided to implement it.

If it's set by strictly WALTER code, then in the rtconfig.txt file, look for the line "set trans.curtimesig.color" and the parameters in the brackets which follow that line, defines the colors of what is displayed in the time signature.

set trans.curtimesig.color [R G B A R G B A]

The 1st 4 Values in the brackets define the RGB color of the font followed by the Alfa value which is the opacity/transparency. The second 4 values define the RGBA background color which sits behind the font. Those individual values will be between 0-255.

Example:
Code:
set trans.curtimesig.color [255 0 0 0 0 0 255 0]
Font color: R=255, G=0, B=0, A=0 => RED font color with no transparency
Background Color: R=0, G=0, B=255, A=0 => Blue Background color with no transparency.

If that line does not exist in the rtconfig of the theme, then adding that line in the rtconfig would take priority of what is entered in the theme tweaker adjustments and would alter just the time signature area on the transport. The theme tweaker color entries appear under the "transport" color adjustments and are used if that line does not appear in the rtconfig, where the theme tweaker adjustments apply to all the transport font and background colors.

There are also the transport background images to consider as previously mentioned. There's layers upon layers in theming with a combination of rtconfig settings, theme tweaker color settings and image files which can all be combined to display the resulting colors and is theme dependent as previously mentioned.

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-18-2023 at 11:33 AM.
Rednroll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 09:13 AM   #12
EpicSounds

the settings in the theme tweaker don't work which lead me to this thread.

I made an image to show which theme files affect the different parts of the transport.