COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 12-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Frequency of Price Checking Bot

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it in the forum. My simple question is how often do you check the prices? Every 4 hours would be very useful for Amazon. I've seen the prices of items change between morning and afternoon. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

Howdy!

This is an ongoing project for us, as it takes an ever increasing amount of resources to keep up with the demands of our users. That said, right now our Amazon stats look like this:

Products which have 1 or more active price watches: about 3 updates per day
Everything else: 4-5 days between updates

The lag in updating the "everything else" is due to the size of this group...there are a lot of products to update!

We would like to get the "watched products" group down to a time of about 4 hours like you say, and the other group perhaps down to daily updates. Don't quote me on that though :]
Old 12-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Unregistered

Thank you, Dan, for the info. I understand the immense amount of resource needed to check all the products of Amazon. The schedule you have is already very useful. I love the clean organization of the product page and the ability to separate the Amazon, 3rd party new, and 3rd party used prices are fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #4
Dan
up here in my tree

After some evenings of work, I have increased our capacity for processing product updates. Here is how it now plays out.

Tracked products - ~5 price checks per product per day
The rest - 1 price check per product every three days

Due to our recent flood of holiday shoppers, which had us at 2 updates per day (for tracked) and 1 update every 5 days, these speed increases equate to at least a 50% gain! And with more price checks comes more up-to-date Top Drops...mmmm, awesome.

This should also make Amazon searches on our site faster.