Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-08-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
Multibomber
Human being with feelings

Default New VST3 plugins not showing up in Reaper

Hello fine audio gentlemen! I have a new problem that I've never had before. The last two VST3 plugins that I have installed, STL Tonehub and Neural DSP Parallax are not showing up in my plugins folder. However, the VST2 versions are showing up. This is the path that the VST3s were installed into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Its where almost all my other VST3 plugins are, and they're showing up fine. The path is my VST plugins path in the preferences, but its still not showing up and I have no idea what to do about it. I noticed this problem about 2 weeks ago when I first bought STL Tonehub.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Multibomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:42 AM   #2
Randolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multibomber View Post
Hello fine audio gentlemen! I have a new problem that I've never had before. The last two VST3 plugins that I have installed, STL Tonehub and Neural DSP Parallax are not showing up in my plugins folder. However, the VST2 versions are showing up. This is the path that the VST3s were installed into C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Its where almost all my other VST3 plugins are, and they're showing up fine. The path is my VST plugins path in the preferences, but its still not showing up and I have no idea what to do about it. I noticed this problem about 2 weeks ago when I first bought STL Tonehub.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Vst3 are installed on your system drive, if you don't hsve a path to the vst3 items they won't be loaded.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
ivansc

Randolph: He already said he had installed them to C:/Program files/common files/vst3 which is the standard place for them to be.

Mr. Bomber, I assume you already tried doing a clear/rescan on your Reaper vst list, just in case there was a glitch on install? If they dont load properly the first time, Reaper makes a note to ignore them as faulty plugins next time it scans. So the missing new ones will not get noted if you just do a re-scan. Only a clear/re-scan resets everything to zero.

Hopefully that will work, but if not let us know & we will have another think.

P.S. Welcome to the forums! Have you checked out the free user guide and video tutorials at reaper .fm yet? Well worth the time.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
Multibomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Randolph: He already said he had installed them to C:/Program files/common files/vst3 which is the standard place for them to be.

Mr. Bomber, I assume you already tried doing a clear/rescan on your Reaper vst list, just in case there was a glitch on install? If they dont load properly the first time, Reaper makes a note to ignore them as faulty plugins next time it scans. So the missing new ones will not get noted if you just do a re-scan. Only a clear/re-scan resets everything to zero.

Hopefully that will work, but if not let us know & we will have another think.

P.S. Welcome to the forums! Have you checked out the free user guide and video tutorials at reaper .fm yet? Well worth the time.
It worked!!! Well actually, the problem was I had an older version of the iLok manager, so I had to reinstall the new version, then uninstall and re-install the plugins that werent working, then transfer the licenses from the iLok cloud, to my actual iLok dongle, then open Reaper and clear/re-scan the plugins, but everything is now working swimmingly, thank you very much kind sir!!!
Multibomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:00 AM   #5
ivansc

(grin) Guess how WE all learned this stuff? From all the other more experienced folk on here when we were starting out. No need for thanks, just remember to pass it forward as you learn more & more.