Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
timothys_monster
Human being with feelings

Default v5.95pre6 - August 13 2018

v5.95pre6 - August 13 2018
  • + API: fix LICE_FillCBezier() definition for reaper_plugin_functions.h [t=209456]
  • + MIDI editor: armed toolbar commands work in CC lane
  • + Notation editor: prevent double-opening of text edit window [t=209955]
  • + Notation: fix possible incorrect note previews when dragging notes [t=209947]
  • + Video: add preset for slow vertical edge detection
  • + WALTER: support complex rules for mcp.size and mcp.master.size
  • # Notation: use default click behavior when clicking while action armed
  • # linux: uninstall script will not try to remove user desktop files if running as root
Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
timothys_monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #2
vanhaze

+ MIDI editor: armed toolbar commands work in CC lane

This is great, thank you very much Cockos !
Old 08-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
daxliniere

Copy/paste of tracks between projects has stopped working as it previously did. (not sure when, though)
I used to be able to open a project, copy some tracks, close project, open different project and paste them in. Seems like when the source project is closed, anything it placed in the clipboard is removed. I think? (If source project is left open in different tab, then paste tracks works.)

EDIT: Hmmm.. seems to be just one project (as source) that exhibiting weird behaviour. Let me see what's going on.

EDIT 2: Yep, confirmed. Okay, it's a weird one. If Melodyne VST3 is on ANY of the tracks in the project, copy/paste tracks breaks if the source project isn't open when you try to paste. (Even if the tracks you're trying to copy/paste are not the ones with Melodyne on them.) Yep, it's weird.
(Project sent to support@cockos)

Last edited by daxliniere; 08-13-2018 at 10:49 AM.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #4
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
  • + WALTER: support complex rules for mcp.size and mcp.master.size

Any details on this, or is it too early to ask ?
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #5
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Themes can make MCPs resize their width depending on context -- e.g. if you want to make it go wide when record armed, you could increase the width in this case and put a big fat meter on one side, etc.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #6
daxliniere

CTRL+Z/CTRL+Y aren't passed through Routing window. (Melodyne ARA related change?)
Old 08-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #7
D Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Themes can make MCPs resize their width depending on context -- e.g. if you want to make it go wide when record armed, you could increase the width in this case and put a big fat meter on one side, etc.
Nice add Thanks
Is there any chance that we could see Mouse Modifiers added for the Mixer context? Or possibility to overlay the faders with its relative meter?
Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #8
juliansader

Quote:
+ MIDI editor: armed toolbar commands work in CC lane[b]
Thanks! I am particularly relieved that left-clicking in the CC lanes while armed does not deselect all CCs.

* In the notes area of the piano roll (and all other contexts that I have checked, except the CC lanes), left-clicking while armed still executes the left-click mouse modifier before the armed action.

* Small niggle: In the piano roll (CC lanes or notes area), the cursor doesn't immediate change back to normal when disarming by pressing Esc, so the user might think something is unresponsive. In other contexts, the cursor immediately changes back.

* Armed actions do not execute if the mouse cursor is positioned over a CC lane divider. Some of my scripts use this position as a cue that all CC lanes should be edited instead of just the lane under the mouse, or that the ramp that is being drawn should start at the very minimum or maximum value, so it would be helpful if armed actions could execute anywhere in the "midiview" window.

Quote:
# Notation: use default click behavior when clicking while action armed
I'm not sure what this means?

* In the notation view, the cursor doesn't change to indicate that an action is armed.

Last edited by juliansader; 08-15-2018 at 03:13 AM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:42 AM   #9
stormyandcold

Hi, I'm having problems loading my user presets for EZ Drummer 2 under Win10 Pro 64bit build 17735.

Sometimes sounds seem to not load, except bass drum. This bug then goes on to affect some factory presets. The bug also seems to affect the loading of EZD2's effects. EZD2 stand-alone works fine.

Cheers.
stormyandcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #10
EvilDragon

Works fine here, I doubt it's related to anything in this prerelease...
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #11
stormyandcold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Works fine here, I doubt it's related to anything in this prerelease...
Thanks. I think I've found the problem; the Focusrite Scarlett Mixcontrol 1.10b beta driver for my 1st gen 18i20. The same problem happens in Cubase, so, it's not Reaper. My Digidesign 003r doesn't have that problem with my EZD2 user-made presets.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:37 PM   #12
EvilDragon

Honestly have no idea how audio interface drivers can influence loading of presets in a completely different program, that sounds bizarre. Might wanna take that up with Toontrack support.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #13
strachupl

Code:
 + WALTER: support complex rules for mcp.size and mcp.master.size
Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post

Code:
Layout "test"
clear mcp.*
set mcp.size track_selected==1 [200 1] [100 1]
EndLayout

strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #14
stormyandcold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Honestly have no idea how audio interface drivers can influence loading of presets in a completely different program, that sounds bizarre. Might wanna take that up with Toontrack support.
I've had quite a few other problems with Focusrite drivers for my 1st gen 18i20 under Windows 10. I've reported my problems quite a few times to both Microsoft and Focusrite. Focusrite finally released a new beta in May and a 2nd version in June. So, yeah, things are happening, but, very slowly. The last official 18i20 drivers were version 1.8 3yrs ago.

With the new beta drivers, Focusrite have basically back-ported their Scarlett 2nd gen drivers to work on 1st gen, aside from this EZD2 problem (and potentially others) the new beta has fixed a few issues I was having. They even improved ASIO latency performance for 16 and 32 samples, but, held back on 64 sample improvements (2nd gen only atm).

Right now on my end since November last year it's all been beta (and it's because of those problems that I joined the Microsoft Insider program to find a solution); beta operating system, beta Focusrite 18i20 driver, beta Reaper, beta Nvidia graphics driver lol.

What a time to be a guinea pig lol.

p.s. I've already contacted Toontrack just in-case (I've reported bugs to them before for both EZ Drummer and EZ Mix).
Old 08-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #15
D Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
Code:
 + WALTER: support complex rules for mcp.size and mcp.master.size

Code:
Layout "test"
clear mcp.*
set mcp.size track_selected==1 [200 1] [100 1]
EndLayout

Thanks for demoing its very nice
Old 08-15-2018, 03:11 AM   #16
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
Old 08-15-2018, 05:49 AM   #17
cool

Quote:
v5.95pre6 - August 13 2018[*]+ WALTER: support complex rules for mcp.size and mcp.master.size
Good news! But, MCP only? I think this rules for TCP would be very useful.
cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:14 AM   #18
airon

Quote:

Very useful. Any more naughty new things for Walter coming up soon ?

And thank you for the visual aid strachupl. Very helpful.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #19
_Stevie_

Wait a second, that would be equivalent to "enlarge selected track" but for the mixer, right? So, practically, we could implement "enlarge selected track" directly into the theme instead of using a LUA script?
Old 08-15-2018, 07:35 AM   #20
Stevie

i hope John or Kenny will make video about that resize !! looks amazing
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:55 AM   #21
Triode

I made an action in the cycle editor that makes the loop brace and edit cursor turn various colours depending on whether repeat and/or pre-roll was on. A native theme option would probably stop the slight visual lag when the functions are engaged..
Old 08-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #22
ErBird

Quote:
How about the ability to lock the mcp height? mcp_min_height works, but an errant click will still resize the mcp occasionally.

ErBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #23
srdmusic

Default Memory Leak?

I have been experiencing a significant lag with the GUI, specifically track selection.

I'm not a programer but this feels very similar to problems I've had in other programs with memory leaks.

The symptoms are that when I have a session open for more than 15 mins track selection becomes very laggy. The lag is not quite a bad when I first open Reaper. Sometimes it takes 1-2 seconds before I can select a track. If I select multiple tracks sometimes Reaper with become unresponsive for up to 2 mins before it selects that track. This is not a problem I had in Reaper 5.5 and below. During my test I was only selecting tracks and moving tracks around. I did not have any instruments online and no audio in the session. Waiting for reaper to selected a track for 2 mins while it basically crashes is making it very difficult to work.

I have tested this with my 900 track session and then tested with a session that was only 500 tracks. I realize Reaper was not optimized for super high track counts but my monster machine was able to handle track counts of 1500 with lots of instruments and audio in 5.5.

I previously posted about this problem a few versions back:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=207963

And a fellow composer friend of mine posted a similar issue:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....ght=4000+track

The forum peeps suggested that it was because of my high track count and that may be true but it doesn't explain the difference in functionally in version 5.5.

The other suggestion was that I only keep the tracks I need visible, but even with just 10 tracks visible in the TCP the GUI for tracks selection lags.

The last suggestion we got was that it might be related to the tracks having auto arm turned on and anticipatory fx for selected tracks turned on. I've since converted all my tracks to no record arm on and tried to turn off anticipatory fx. The problem still persists.

I know that Justin did a few modifications to way the audio engine works and I believe he also updated the type of compiler the program runs on. Is there a version I can test without those two modifications so see if it solves the problem.

I have a fairly expensive Nvidia Quadro M4000 video card but is it possible that mine is just not playing well with Reaper? Is there an API alternative that might be better?

Here are my machine specs:

Reaper 5.95 pre 6
Windows 10 version 1803

Intel Dual 24 core (48 core hyperthreaded) 3.2GHz
128 GB of Ram
14x500GB SSD drives raid 0 split for samples projects and system
Nvidia Quadro M4000 4x4k
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #24
ovnis

When it lags, have you try to close all FX windows ?
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #25
srdmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
When it lags, have you try to close all FX windows ?
I've confirmed that I can still reproduce the lag with No FX windows, mixer or the FX Browser. Just the main window is open. I have also tested with all my custom scripts turned off. It's just the main TCP window.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #26
mccrabney

this is a couple of pres late, but regarding the new features in the midi devices preferences window -- they're great, but they make me realize how much i miss a "sort alphabetically" option for the midi device names. i have 30+ midi devices (thanks to ipMIDI and loopBe30) with different names, and would benefit from being able to list them alphabetically by the custom names i give them
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #27
lucas_LCS

Quote:
OH YEAH!

now if we can just get a widget button or two that can be checked for current state like the recarm....
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #28
srdmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
this is a couple of pres late, but regarding the new features in the midi devices preferences window -- they're great, but they make me realize how much i miss a "sort alphabetically" option for the midi device names. i have 30+ midi devices (thanks to ipMIDI and loopBe30) with different names, and would benefit from being able to list them alphabetically by the custom names i give them
Same Issue here. Lots of midi devices. The sorting makes them out of order by default. Should the midi ports be sorted alphabetically by default or a least an option to do so?
Old 09-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #29
bFooz

Quote:
  • # Notation: use default click behavior when clicking while action armed
The armed action works only when clicked exactly on the note, otherwise it gets unarmed. Is this what it means?

Better behaviour would be to keep it armed until manually unarmed, with changed mouse cursor, like in the piano roll.

Plus what abou action "Unarm armed toolbar button."
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote