Old 05-30-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
Ben Shtulman
Human being with feelings

Default Some important features

Hello! Here are some my wishes I would like you make. I think, it could be useful for all the Reaper users:
1. It would be great to add an opportunity to change the position of plugin controllers located on the mixer channel (after showing them in track controls). They can't be moved nowadays after assignment, but they should have this opportunity;
2. I'd like to have something like Ableton's drum-rack with many pads, FX-chains and the most flexible routing ever. It might be based on ReaSamplomatic5000. It's enough to make it multi-sectioned (something like "Add new tap" in Rea-Delay) and to add an opportunity to built plugin-chains inside. It might be called ReaSamplomatic10000 or MegaSamplomatic5000. It should to add the key-link feature to assign/reassign pad quickly. For example, I click on the virtual pad and it waits for the moment I push the key or pad on my physical controller. Of course, standard midi-maps must be there too;
3. It would be great to add the stepless adjustment of layout size. For example, 75% is too small to me, 150% is too big. I would prefer 110% or about that for example;
4. It would be great to add an opportunity to change more colors than we can do right now. For example, I like Default 6 theme, but I need to make it light gray for example. I would like to get another color of the field around transport panel, but I can't do it quickly with Theme Editor or Theme Adjuster. By the way, there is TAL MOD synthesizer, just check it's built-in color adjustment system. It's better than just great. It might be cool to see it in Reaper;
5. It would be great to have an opportunity to change VU meter color in any theme, but directly (via track menu), without Theme Editor or Theme Adjuster. For example, I need to select my drums and give them green VU meter color, to make all the bus VU meters yellow, etc;
6. It would be great to add an opportunity to make master track always visible. I docked master-track on right side of main window and it's available when I work with the arrangement. But when I toggle the full-screen mixer window, it overlaps docked master track and I need to close it to see master. Mixer master-track should have the opportunity to be duplicated and to be at the same time in two different positions. I would like to see it on right side when main mixer window is closed (just like now), and to see it on right side of the opened mixer;
7. It would be great to add an opportunity to change volume fader and pan knobs colors. I imagine right click on track panel or mixer and words "Fader color" and "Pan color" next to "Track icon" and "Track color";
8. It would be great to have an opportunity to change pan knob to one long horizontal fader (with lendth depending on current mixer layout);
9. It would be great to change positions of pan knob and track name on mixer. For example, I'd like to see track name on the top of mixer channel (there where track icon is) independently from track icons (maybe I don't use track icons, but wanna see track names there). Pan knobs should have an opportunity to be moved to the bottom of channel under the volume faders;
10. It would be great to have on opportunity to choose the way of tinting tracklist and mixer channels. For example, to tint only label instead whole field (in Default 6 theme this feature is disabled and unavailable);
11. It seems the track color palette should be available directly in right-click menu and contain about 24-32 basic colors available immediately. The current way to assign track color should be saved there where it exists now (if we need MORE colors).
Cheers! :-)

Last edited by Ben Shtulman; 05-30-2020 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Adding new item
Ben Shtulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine
Human being with feelings

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe you should open up individual threads for each request, so they can be discussed better. This also allows you to give the thread a better more-request-specific-title than "some important features", as we all think our feature request is important
A clear title for what to expect makes getting your request for others easier as well and often leads to fruitful discussions in here.

And don't worry if you fear of spamming the feature-request forum, with a thread per request.

Oh, and

1) adding a newline

2) between several things

3) can make things easier to read

On vacation for the time being...

Last edited by Meo-Ada Mespotine; 05-31-2020 at 12:45 PM.
Meo-Ada Mespotine is online now   Reply With Quote