Old 06-26-2022, 04:53 PM   #401
daxliniere
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave View Post
Not sure this is the right place to ask for it but it seems so.

Could we have API getters and setters for FX and Chain oversampling rates?
Yes, please!!
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:42 AM   #402
chmaha

Default reaper.GetMediaItemInfo_Value and overlap information

Any chance we could have an item return its vertical position in the "stack" of overlapping items? It would be really useful for my crossfade editor mode of ReaClassical. And second (but just as important), is there a way of flipping (toggling) the order of overlapping items on the track or globally so that overlapping items could start at the bottom of the track vs the top?

A typical scenario would be to open my crossfade editor view, check to see if the first item of the fade is in the 0 position. If not, flip the order of item stacking so that it moves from bottom (1 position) to 0. In my classical use case, there will only ever be two overlapping items but I suppose that doesn't matter...

Last edited by chmaha; 07-15-2022 at 09:37 AM.
chmaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:09 PM   #403
pcp

Default Main_SaveProjectEx save with media option

Main_SaveProjectEx since 6.53 allows track templates to be saved via ReaScript with media, but only for track templates... the flags are not available for projects.

My ReaClips script that I shared recently on ReaPack would benefit hugely from this addition.

I wonder if this is just an oversight actually as the changelog for 6.53 mentions both projects and track templates but the 'save with media' flag only seems to exist for TTs.

I posted a FR with more details a while ago here.
pcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 03:30 PM   #404
tufb

Would love to be able to get/set MediaItem properties "RESOURCEFN" and "IMGRESOURCEFLAGS" via the API (Lua et al.), much like we can get/set item note text. Thank you in advance. Love REAPER.
tufb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 03:44 PM   #405
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufb View Post
Would love to be able to get/set MediaItem properties "RESOURCEFN" and "IMGRESOURCEFLAGS" via the API (Lua et al.), much like we can get/set item note text. Thank you in advance. Love REAPER.
In SWS there's BR_SetMediaItemImageResource.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 02:31 AM   #406
dsyrock

It would be better if there is an API: atexitEX(function target, function exit). It is similar with atexit, when function target ends, run function exit.
dsyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:39 PM   #407
binbinhfr

It would be nice that reaper.Main_openProject return true/false whether the file was really opened (the operation could be canceled if the user answered "cancel" when prompt to save the previous file.)
Old 03-02-2023, 10:01 AM   #408
matt_f

Default FX Renaming

With the user able to rename FX (either instances on tracks or in the plug-in selection window), it would be really useful if there were API functions to work with the original name (as defined by the plug-in).

If users change FX instance names on tracks, then we can't reliably find particular plug-ins using `TrackFX_GetByName`, or using `TrackFX_GetFXName`. We can parse the state chunk as a workaround, but that's pretty messy.

Additionally, if the user has renamed in the FX selection window, `TrackFX_AddByName` may not work. We can not determine the original name in any way in this case, which also affects the state chunk parsing workaround in the previous scenario.

Functions such as these would be a good solution;

- TrackFX_GetByOriginalName / TakeFX_GetByOriginalName (note there doesn't seem to be a TakeFX_GetByName anyway)
- TrackFX_GetFXOriginalName / TakeFX_GetFXOriginalName
- TrackFX_AddByOriginalName / TakeFX_AddByOriginalName

We could avoid any ambiguity by being able to query or add by plug-in ID too - I note there is a TrackFX_GetFXGUID, but this is an instance GUID, not the ID provided by the plugin. E.g,

- TrackFX_GetByFXPluginID / TakeFX_GetByFXPluginID
- TrackFX_GetFXPluginID / TakeFX_GetFXPluginID
- TrackFX_AddByFXPluginID / TakeFX_AddByFXPluginID

Last edited by matt_f; 03-02-2023 at 10:11 AM.
matt_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 10:52 AM   #409
Edgemeal

@matt_f,
Have a look at TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm and TakeFX_GetNamedConfigParm

example, get original track fx name,
Code:
retval, buf = reaper.TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm(track, fx_index, "fx_name")
There is some numbers after "<" char using "fx_ident", not sure what it is, maybe ID?, but this is what I got using portable install of v6.77 on Win10 for ReaComp,
Code:
M:\Reaper Portable\Plugins\FX\reacomp.dll<1919247213
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 05:03 AM   #410
matt_f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
@matt_f,
Have a look at TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm and TakeFX_GetNamedConfigParm
Thanks - I hadn't spotted that! That cleans up my workaround for TrackFX_GetFXName. I've written a couple of helpers to get around TrackFX_GetByName and TrackFX_AddByName to perform the search by original name in the meantime.
We're still a bit limited in that if the user changes the plug-in name in the FX selection window (rather than just an instance of the plug-in) then TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm is still won't return the original name.

Last edited by matt_f; 03-04-2023 at 05:12 AM.
matt_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:42 AM   #411
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_f View Post
Thanks - I hadn't spotted that! That cleans up my workaround for TrackFX_GetFXName. I've written a couple of helpers to get around TrackFX_GetByName and TrackFX_AddByName to perform the search by original name in the meantime.
We're still a bit limited in that if the user changes the plug-in name in the FX selection window (rather than just an instance of the plug-in) then TrackFX_GetNamedConfigParm is still won't return the original name.
Ya, guess you could always use "fx_ident" and check if the return matches the plugin's actual filename instead, if the user renames files then just shoot em!
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 09:54 AM   #412
amagalma

Possibly a candidate for JS_ReaScript or SWS:

SendFileToRecycleBin( filepath )
Old 03-11-2023, 10:44 AM   #413
LarrySeyer

Default reaper.TrackFX_SetFXName(track, fx, name)

reaper.TrackFX_SetFXName(track, fx, name)
LarrySeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 12:44 PM   #414
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySeyer View Post
reaper.TrackFX_SetFXName(track, fx, name)
Support here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=276873
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:48 AM   #415
ChrisDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
API for Renaming FX instances
API for Creating sends or Defining its characteristics. Input/output channels, pre fader, post fader, etc.
Seems as though this still isn't completely added.
API exists for assigning Record mode, but not the Output mode.
AFAICT
ChrisDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 10:48 PM   #416
erikmartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
Ideally i would like the existance of PRE and POST FX Chains and so when freezing i could call an action like: freeze leaving POST FX.

But Since world is perfectly Unperfect, i would still live better if i could freeze tracks leaving intact in the rendered material the FX after a certain FX index, so in an initial FXChain like this:

FX Chain:
1: ReaSynth
2: ReaDelay
3: My_ultra_cpu_and_PDC_hungryFX
4: ReaEQ
5: ReaComp

After i call a function like: reaper.Freeze(3), everything until this IDX: 3 would be rendered and the FXChain would keep FX after that IDX so the Fxchain in the freezed material would be like:
1: ReaEQ
2: ReaComp

The benefit of this is that we could freeze material and the CPU hungry FX while being able to keep the mixing FX in place.

Another implementation could be, a dummy Plugin which purpose is to set the start position of POST Chain in the FXChain, but nothing compares with PRE and POST Chain visually independent in the FX panel, which i requested Here
Hi! I have implemented a bit similar in my script - Mini fx list. A little later I can share a crutch function that does what you want

By the way, I'm in the process of implementing test logic for freezing depth and accessing different depths (I use freezing very often), I'll probably keep those two functions for discussion purposes

erikmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 02:30 PM   #417
McSound

Default Add "really touch" mode to GetTouchedOrFocusedFX

I'd be very happy (I think I'm not alone) if GetTouchedOrFocusedFX could get additional mode 2, which returns true retval when I grab any fx parameter by mouse or by midi controller and returns false when I let it go, at the same time returning already existing track, item, take, fx, param and maybe value of this param. Current mode 0 unluckily changes returned values when I set fx parameters by script, but I want it to change only by mouse and controllers. This mode would be awesome addition!
McSound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 06:46 AM   #418
mountwest

I have a request to add Get/Set for Mute on Automation Items.

The API does not seem to support it currently with
Code:
GetSetAutomationItemInfo()
Which is similar to regular Media Items but it doesn't allow you to mute it with B_MUTE as with Media Items:
Code:
SetMediaItemInfo_Value()
Thank you for your hard work!

EDIT:
I know that there is an Action that allows you to mute the selected Automation Item but it only toggles the mute state, and I want to be able to set it to one state or the other.

Last edited by mountwest; 01-04-2024 at 07:46 AM.
mountwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 05:30 PM   #419
LetsGoBrandon

Default GetThingFromPoint needs mcp.sendList.fader #index

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=288628

GetThingFromPoint fails to detect a volume control on the mcp.sendList window area.

I think this is probably not intended behavior, and it would be very nice if it returned something like "mcp.sendList.fader #index" or "mcp.sendList.volume #index".

This would be consistent with the fact that GetThingFromPoint returns the automation faders that pop up in the tcp area as envcp.fader #index.
LetsGoBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:17 AM   #420
LetsGoBrandon

Just want to let the Cockos guys know they are some good dudes. Lets sit down an have a German beer, and lets just agree to getting the above idea into the next update.

Love you
LetsGoBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 03:52 AM   #421
MathieuC

Hello,

I want to mention an API whish I found into the Feature request forum but it should be here : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=288883

it's about adding Envelope visibility, armed and bypass state attributes for reaper.GetEnvelopeInfo_Value() and the opposite, a reaper.SetEnvelopeInfo_Value() to set all those parameters by script.

And of course it should be compatible with reaper 7 preferences > appararence > zoom/scroll/offset > Envelope lane vertical zoom

Or at least we should be able to decide (boolean) if we want to respect this zoom setting.