Old 04-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
3li
Human being with feelings

Default NOOB NEEDS HELP!!

I need to know where I am going wrong. Hopefully I am posting in the right place.
Here is what I have;
a small Asus laptop
a Maudio Fast track USB interface
a TON of VSTs
a Guitar

I have successfully connected the guitar to the interface and then to the laptop. I can play through the laptop. But Reaper is not recognizing the signal. I am unable to use any VSTs. And I can NOT record the signal. In the same configuration I can record to Audacity but Audacity does Not support VSTs. What am I doing wrong!?
3li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Grisemine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3li View Post
I need to know where I am going wrong. Hopefully I am posting in the right place.
Here is what I have;
a small Asus laptop
a Maudio Fast track USB interface
a TON of VSTs
a Guitar

I have successfully connected the guitar to the interface and then to the laptop. I can play through the laptop. But Reaper is not recognizing the signal. I am unable to use any VSTs. And I can NOT record the signal. In the same configuration I can record to Audacity but Audacity does Not support VSTs. What am I doing wrong!?
You need to select "Mono -> Fast Track Right" as input
You need to "arm" for recording
You need to set Record Monitoring On

http://i59.tinypic.com/2hs8e11.gif

Last edited by Grisemine; 04-22-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Grisemine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #3
3li

I set my input to Asio and selected M audio. Armed to record and monitor on. Still I only get a "dry signal" and no recording. My interface get a LOUD hiss when turned up near half way
Old 04-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
bluzkat

Right-click the RecArm button and select 'Record Output'.

Enjoy.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:23 PM   #5
3li

NOPE!And now I cant even get sound. I give up, Im going to reformat my computer. This program in my eyes is worthless. I have downloaded special programs. Invested in interfaces and this program that I need let me down. I can say this because the setup I have works fine on other software but not here.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:43 AM   #6
RobertP

I assume you enabled inputs and outputs in reaper Options > Preferences > Devices

You are giving up too early
Reformating is a catastrophic reaction in this situation
and this program is definately not worthless as evidenced by the sheer number of people who are not clamouring for attention with the same problem you are having.

Your investment is a solid one, stick with it

suleiman: "WTF r u ppl on abt ?"
RobertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:57 AM   #7
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:
NOPE!And now I cant even get sound. I give up, Im going to reformat my computer. This program in my eyes is worthless. I have downloaded special programs. Invested in interfaces and this program that I need let me down. I can say this because the setup I have works fine on other software but not here.
that is the right decision! 100thousands of people have no problems recording with Reaper, you have, so you blame the software.

what funny conclusion is that?? first thing is to assume, that you did something wrong. your interface hisses, means: audio comes out of it. so the question should be: whats wrong with the interface or me setting up the interface??? has nothing to do with Reaper ...

and reformatting a computer because you cant get an interface to work is ... well ... not that birght, to say the least. because it helps with none of your problems.

but, hey, you can do what you want ...
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
cincikat69

Quote:
I can say this because the setup I have works fine on other software but not here.
So, you've had it a couple of days and this makes you the definitive expert... I'm curious to know what other software you are referring to?

Stop throwing a tantrum, take 20-30 minutes and go through the quick-start guide (at least). Follow through the steps and see where you are then. If you still have issues after doing your due diligence, then come back and explain further. Or perhaps just use one of the "working softwares" you vaguely refer to.

I'm hoping that you are not just another of the "button-tapping-instant-gratification-app" generation...
Old 04-25-2015, 03:12 AM   #9
Grisemine

Quote:
My guess : iPhone generation ? Just reformat your brain, it would be enough.
Grisemine is offline   Reply With Quote