Old 11-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
heuristic
Human being with feelings

Default Motu PCI424 and Reaper Mac OS X

Hi all, I'm a PC user with a PCI424, and my friend, who has a MacPro with the same card, wants to evaluate Reaper and if satisfied, will invest in it. He currently uses DP7.

For those unfamiliar, the PCI424 can support up to 4 interface modules, I have a 24io, which is 24 ins and outs all analog. In my PC rig, Reaper can see and address all my IO.

My friend, has two MOTU 2408's connected to his card, and while DP7 can address both their analog AND digital IO, Reaper only sees the analog ins and outs, nothing more.

He has all the correct drivers/OS updates (Snow Leopard, using Reaper 4.1 x64) and when he asked me about this, I could not find an explanation, even searching here before posting.....

Can anyone suggest a solution? DP7 has lousy VST support, so he wants to diversify, this looked like a good way to go with Reaper.

Thanks
heuristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
heuristic

Bump :-) Nobody has run into this????, they are 2408 MK2 and Mk3 interfaces....

Using Snow Leopard, 64bit Reaper....
Old 11-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
czarnekci

Hi,

I was on PC with my pci424 and 2408mk3 and one 828mk2 and it worked well....

Since I'm working on mac, I have to use my 828mk2 in firewire because my pci424 isn't in pci express format.

But why he doesn't try reaper with an evaluating license?
I think it should work without problem: the pci424 have reliable drivers.
czarnekci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
Tonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by heuristic View Post
Hi all, I'm a PC user with a PCI424, and my friend, who has a MacPro with the same card, wants to evaluate Reaper and if satisfied, will invest in it. He currently uses DP7.

For those unfamiliar, the PCI424 can support up to 4 interface modules, I have a 24io, which is 24 ins and outs all analog. In my PC rig, Reaper can see and address all my IO.

My friend, has two MOTU 2408's connected to his card, and while DP7 can address both their analog AND digital IO, Reaper only sees the analog ins and outs, nothing more.

He has all the correct drivers/OS updates (Snow Leopard, using Reaper 4.1 x64) and when he asked me about this, I could not find an explanation, even searching here before posting.....

Can anyone suggest a solution? DP7 has lousy VST support, so he wants to diversify, this looked like a good way to go with Reaper.

Thanks
I have a Hackintosh, with a pci-424 card, and 3 2408's connected. I don't use the onboard converters, at least not till I get Black Lion to perform mods...
You have to ensure that the Motu PCI Audio Setup panel is properly set up, with the appropriate banks assigned and enabled. Once they are, Reaper should have no difficulty seeing all physical ins and outs... Upon installation, the analog ins and outs are activated by default, but not any of the digital. Hope this helps...
Old 11-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
heuristic

Quote:
Originally Posted by czarnekci View Post
Hi,

I was on PC with my pci424 and 2408mk3 and one 828mk2 and it worked well....

Since I'm working on mac, I have to use my 828mk2 in firewire because my pci424 isn't in pci express format.

But why he doesn't try reaper with an evaluating license?
I think it should work without problem: the pci424 have reliable drivers.
His 424 is PCIe, and we have tried to make this work with the evaluation license... the problem seems to be that the OSX x64 version of Reaper is not "seeing" the digitial IO of the card, only the analog. All his patches are up to date and as I said before, his Digital Performer 7 Daw sees all his I/O, both digital and analog. We are both seasoned Mac users, (I now use a PC however) so its not like we're noobs! We have not yet tried the 32bit version, not sure how that will go. All the MOTU drivers are right up to date. Thanks for your response... any other ides?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
heuristic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonehenge View Post
I have a Hackintosh, with a pci-424 card, and 3 2408's connected. I don't use the onboard converters, at least not till I get Black Lion to perform mods...
You have to ensure that the Motu PCI Audio Setup panel is properly set up, with the appropriate banks assigned and enabled. Once they are, Reaper should have no difficulty seeing all physical ins and outs... Upon installation, the analog ins and outs are activated by default, but not any of the digital. Hope this helps...
Thanks, we did take a look at that outside of Reaper, everything looks as it should, but when you access the same panel from within Reaper's preferences, it only shows the analog... I am stumped.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
heuristic

Bumping in the hope that others may have some input!

Thanks.