Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 03-26-2022, 09:15 AM   #1
mike@overtonedsp
Human being with feelings

Default New and Updated VST Plug-Ins for Linux

So it's been a while, but Just a heads-up that Applied Computer Music Technologies (developers of the OverTone DSP range of plug-ins) have some new and updated plug-ins specifically designed for Linux, over at:

https://www.acmt.co.uk/

and

https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/

Please feel free to take a look, they're very nice.
mike@overtonedsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 10:29 AM   #2
elcalen

So what exactly is the difference between the original ACM pultec/fairchild emulations and the new SA line? I like the slightly more vintage aesthetic, but I already own the older plugins...
elcalen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 12:53 PM   #3
audiojunkie

Cool! The big question for me is, do these plugins scale up for high resolution displays? 🙂
audiojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 02:45 AM   #4
swindus

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiojunkie View Post
Cool! The big question for me is, do these plugins scale up for high resolution displays? 🙂
Yes, they do.
swindus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:45 AM   #5
audiojunkie

Awesome! I’m adding them to my list!
audiojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 08:27 AM   #6
mike@overtonedsp

Quote:
do these plugins scale up for high resolution displays?
They will attempt to scale according to the screen DPI - but you can also manually set an environment variable AFXDPI to a scale factor before starting reaper as an additional tweak if necessary. For example:

Code:
AFXDPI=125 /opt/REAPER/reaper
Quote:
So what exactly is the difference between the original ACM pultec/fairchild emulations and the new SA line? I like the slightly more vintage aesthetic, but I already own the older plugins...
With the SA range (and the 500X-Series) we wanted to broaden the appeal by providing some alternative visual / UI options (while still maintaining the modern, less 'photo-realistic skeuomorphic' feel) and also provide some different price-point and bundle options too. The concept is that you can mix and match individual of the plug-ins to build a complete modular analogue modelled mixing environment in your DAW. For example you could set up a 24 channel project with 8 channels of the 500X1 and 510X1, and 16 channels of the 500XA and 510XA - and the SA plug-ins on the master buss, or you can switch things around and EQ into Dynamics or vide-versa.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:02 AM   #7
chmaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@overtonedsp View Post
With the SA range (and the 500X-Series) we wanted to broaden the appeal by providing some alternative visual / UI options (while still maintaining the modern, less 'photo-realistic skeuomorphic' feel) and also provide some different price-point and bundle options too.
For those of us who already own the older products is there a way to pick up the more recent options for a reasonable price given the DSP underneath is identical?
chmaha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 01:51 AM   #8
mike@overtonedsp

Default ACM530X1 Plate Reverb Plug-In for Linux

Update: The ACM500X Series now also includes the ACM530X1 plate reverb emulation.

The ACM500X Series and ACM-SA Series plug-ins provide a complete virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment for your Linux DAW of choice. Ideal for anyone wanting to make the switch to Linux for professional audio production. (Even if Linux is not your main operating system, with outstanding support for legacy hardware, it’s never been easier or more cost effective to re-purpose older studio hardware to form a complete virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment). More information about the ACM-SA Series and 500X Series plug-ins at https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/inde...#ACM-SA-Series

Last edited by mike@overtonedsp; 05-04-2022 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Corrected URLs
Old 05-03-2022, 02:25 AM   #9
chmaha

Quote:
Update: The ACM500X Series now also includes the ACM530X1 plate reverb emulation.
Excellent. Any news on an update route for those of us who own the originals with the same DSP under the hood?
Old 05-03-2022, 03:33 AM   #10
mike@overtonedsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethHarmon View Post
Excellent. Any news on an update route for those of us who own the originals with the same DSP under the hood?
The ACM530X1 is available as an individual plug-in, or alternatively for a small amount extra you could also get the entire 500X Series plug-ins. Obviously there's no obligation to upgrade, free demos are available as always, and if the ACM Essentials plug-ins you already have are working well for you then you may decide there is no need to at the present time.
What we hope to do with these plug-ins is to provide a range of different options for those looking to use Linux for audio production (and in that context, offer a unique and, we hope, very cost effective virtual analogue mixing environment for Linux, inspired by some classic studio hardware)
Old 05-03-2022, 04:17 AM   #11
chmaha

Quote:
The ACM530X1 is available as an individual plug-in, or alternatively for a small amount extra you could also get the entire 500X Series plug-ins. Obviously there's no obligation to upgrade, free demos are available as always, and if the ACM Essentials plug-ins you already have are working well for you then you may decide there is no need to at the present time.
What we hope to do with these plug-ins is to provide a range of different options for those looking to use Linux for audio production (and in that context, offer a unique and, we hope, very cost effective virtual analogue mixing environment for Linux, inspired by some classic studio hardware)
Sorry if I'm being confusing. I own the original OvertoneDSP Workstation Plug-Ins Collection and wondered if there's an update route for the ACMT Essential High-End VST Plug-Ins. For the overlapping products they contain, the DSP is the same underneath, correct? I just like the look of them a bit better
Old 05-04-2022, 04:48 AM   #12
mike@overtonedsp

Quote:
I own the original OvertoneDSP Workstation Plug-Ins Collection and wondered if there's an update route for the ACMT Essential High-End VST Plug-Ins. For the overlapping products they contain, the DSP is the same underneath...
The DSP underneath is not exactly the same. With the ACM range we wanted to build on the original DSP but add some extra features and make some adjustments - without fear of affecting the character which our users valued. For example: The ACM500 provides an extra HPF option, midrange Q control (instead of bandwidth) and improved HF / LF / Mid boost ranges. The ACM510 also has a side-chain HPF option to prevent audible pumping on bass heavy material. In addition the reference level has been modified to bring it more in line with the standard -18dBFS = 0dBu (It was a conscious design decision in the DYN500 to reference it to more 'digital' levels)
The ACM-2SA / 2A has a modified transformer / tube amplifier saturation characteristic which, again, has been referenced to -18dBFS.
We don't currently provide an update path from the OverTone plug-ins since we wanted to present these as different products in their own right, however with the bundle options available, there are several options to making the transition to these plug-ins if you want to. As before, there's no obligation, and if your original plug-ins are working well for you then you may choose not to.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:38 AM   #13
chmaha

Quote:
The DSP underneath is not exactly the same. With the ACM range we wanted to build on the original DSP but add some extra features and make some adjustments - without fear of affecting the character which our users valued. For example: The ACM500 provides an extra HPF option, midrange Q control (instead of bandwidth) and improved HF / LF / Mid boost ranges. The ACM510 also has a side-chain HPF option to prevent audible pumping on bass heavy material. In addition the reference level has been modified to bring it more in line with the standard -18dBFS = 0dBu (It was a conscious design decision in the DYN500 to reference it to more 'digital' levels)
The ACM-2SA / 2A has a modified transformer / tube amplifier saturation characteristic which, again, has been referenced to -18dBFS.
We don't currently provide an update path from the OverTone plug-ins since we wanted to present these as different products in their own right, however with the bundle options available, there are several options to making the transition to these plug-ins if you want to. As before, there's no obligation, and if your original plug-ins are working well for you then you may choose not to.
OK, understood. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:30 AM   #14
mike@overtonedsp

Default ACMT Ultimate Plug-Ins Collection Now Available

Just released, the ACMT Ultimate Plug-Ins Collection for Linux.

"A comprehensive collection of the best analogue modelled plug-ins for Linux, transforming your digital audio workstation into a versatile virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment..."

The collection includes some of the best analogue modelled plug-ins for Linux, inspired by classic studio recording consoles and outboard equipment. Combine this with Reaper and you can build a complete virtual analogue mixing and mastering environment in your Linux PC with no additional hardware required.

More at: www.acmt.co.uk
Old 05-22-2022, 05:57 AM   #15
Mikobuntu

This post just reminded me that I lost my OverTone AF2-10 Activation Key , I think I forgot to copy it when i updated my system some time ago. I have found my order ID number in my email and obviously the 14 day download expire time is well and truly gone
Mikobuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:48 AM   #16
mike@overtonedsp

Quote:
...I think I forgot to copy it when i updated my system some time ago. I have found my order ID number in my email and obviously the 14 day download expire time is well and truly gone...
Obviously I wouldn't recommend anyone rely on activation key download links as an offline backup as they are time / useage limited as a necessary security measure - however, if you still have your product ID, you could use the contact form and I'll see if we can provide a replacement.
Old 05-24-2022, 03:17 AM   #17
Mikobuntu

Thanks @mike@overtonedsp I have sent my request including date of purchase and the ID number.
Also lesson learned here as I rely on a few emails that I have saved for other product activation keys, time to get those onto a file and somewhere safe.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:02 AM   #18
Mikobuntu

Wow that was quick service, I'm now up and running thanks once again @mike@overtonedsp !!
Old 09-05-2022, 10:16 AM   #19
asoundingbell

Just want to bump this thread to say that these plugins are great.
asoundingbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 03:02 AM   #20
DuX

It seems like they've done a code refreshment that was badly needed, like oversampling, resizing and other features that Mike mentioned. Good work ACMT-OvertoneDSP!