Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #1
Brado231
Human being with feelings

Default Horizontal Zoom out not staying centered under mouse cursor

I think this issue has been there for a long while but it has driven me insane enough now to file a bug report...

As you can see from the screen capture if I zoom in, the zoom stays centered on the original point where I started the zoom (around 17.3). However, if zoom out it stays centered to a certain point and then starts moving further and further away from the original point.

The settings I use for zoom in the preferences are as follows:

Mouse Modifiers->MIDI marker/region lanes->Hand Scroll and horizontal zoom
Editing Behavior->Horizontal zoom center->Mouse Cursor

If I just zoom with the mousewheel (rather than using the region/maker lane zoom/scroll) the behavior is the same.

If this is expected behavior can we please have an option to always stay centered on mouse cursor during zoom. If it is related to the fact that the zoom must stay relative to the start of the object or track, please add an option to prevent further zoom out once the mouse cursors position needs to be moved to maintain that or continually re-center the position once it reaches that point.

Optimally, I should be able to click and hold the mouse button and continually drag up and down vertically as far as I like without the focus ever moving from the original point.

I really hope this can be sorted in the near future as this is really causing me a lot of frustration. Thanks.

Last edited by Brado231; 04-16-2016 at 08:10 PM. Reason: typo plus added some extra info on expectations
Brado231 is offline   Reply With Quote