Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 05-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
thunderbroom
Human being with feelings

Default Mackie MCU with Reaper 5 - need some help please!

NOTE: I originally posted this in the 'Compatibility' section, but thought it might be better posted here. Sorry for the repetition. Thanks in advance for your help!

I am running Reaper 5 with a Saffire Pro40 interface. Windows 7 64 bit; Intel I7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz; 16 GB DDR3 RAM.

So this was a first for me during a session, and I wondered if anyone has experienced this issue, or might have an idea how to troubleshoot it.

First, I should point out that each of the outlets in my studio is on it's own separate circuit running back to the fusebox. Also, my MCU is powered through a Monster Pro900, which is also supplying power to my monitors and my interface. To date, everything has run smoothly.

Tonight, I was tracking electric guitars for this singer/songwriter. I have used this guitar (telecaster) and amp (Working Dog 20 Watt tube combo). I was miking the cab, and rand a DI with a Radial box. The guitar was plugged into some pedals (an EHX Hum Debugger, Visual Sound Route 66, a couple of older danelectro pedals, and a Visual Sound H20). They were all being powered by a One-Spot on a separate circuit (the same outlet that the amp was plugged into).

Now here's the issue. When I began recording, within about 20 seconds, the MCUs buttons and LED displays all lit up, the red LED display did the same, and it would blink intermittently. Sometimes it would return to normal during the recording, other times it would only stop when I stopped recording. My PC and Reaper worked fine - no trouble recording the takes. I tried running the pedals and amp to a different outlet across the room, but with the same results.

So...the only thing I can figure out is it had something to do with the amp and pedals being plugged into the same outlet. Yet, no other equipment was affected, even the stuff plugged into the same power center. I'm stumped. It's the first time this has happened, so I'm not too concerned about it, other than I'd like to figure out what I did wrong to avoid it going forward. I'd really appreciate any ideas or suggestions you all might have. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Last edited by thunderbroom; 05-06-2016 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added information to increase chances of a response.
thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote