Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 07-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
jazztrip
Human being with feelings

Default 6.13 - CC Lane Selector control does not update properly

The CC Lane Selector control in the bottom left corner of the midi editor is behaving oddly...

1) It is greyed out, but still active. That is, you can click it and select a different CC lane but the control itself is greyed out and gives the appearance that it is disabled.

2) Lane selection ACTIONs aren't updating the Lane Selector control properly. For example,

- Double click a midi item to open the Midi Editor

- Run the following Action: "CC: Set CC lane to 001 Mod Wheel MSB" (note, this assumes the Mod Wheel was NOT already selected in the lane. If Mod Wheel is already selected, choose a different "CC: Set CC Lane to ..." Action)

- Observe that the Lane Selector Control doesn't update. It should now say "01 Mod Wheel MSB" but still displays whatever it was set to before hand. If you have data in the Mod Wheel lane, the data will be shown.

- Now, move the mouse up into the midi data area of the midi editor and then move the mouse back down into the lane area. Observe that the Lane Selector control now updates.

- Unlike the Action mentioned above, the SWS Actions "SWS/S&M: Save (Restore) displayed CC lanes, slot 1-8" seem to work in so far as the CC Lane Selector control updates properly when the Action is run, although the selector is still greyed out.

I went back to 6.12 and it all works properly (i.e. the control is not greyed out and the control updates properly when an appropriate action is run)

Last edited by jazztrip; 07-27-2020 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typos and clarity
jazztrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Fixing the update of CC lane labels via action. The color is as it is meant to be now (it is not disabled, just not terribly high contrast).
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:23 AM   #3
jazztrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
...The color is as it is meant to be now (it is not disabled, just not terribly high contrast).
I'll make one last observation about the Lane select control. Not only is it now low contrast, the control border no longer highlights when the mouse hovers over it, like other controls and like it did prior to 6.13. Again, this leads one to think the control is disabled and unless the user happens to actually click on the control and discover it works, they might get confused. Peace.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:40 AM   #4
Denys

Hello, I don't know if this is a problem I'm having because of theme tweaks but just in case, is this as designed? Do you have the same, jazztrip?

(Reaper 6.14 on W10)

Old 09-21-2020, 09:35 AM   #5
EvilDragon

That's as expected, that checkmark shows the lane you clicked on is set to a CC between 55 and 86.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #6
Denys

Hi EvilDragon, I wasn't clear, sorry. I meant the greyed out names for the CC lanes which are very hard to read. I wonder if I made something wrong (for instance changed a font color by mistake).
Old 09-22-2020, 10:19 AM   #7
jazztrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denys View Post
Hi EvilDragon, I wasn't clear, sorry. I meant the greyed out names for the CC lanes which are very hard to read. I wonder if I made something wrong (for instance changed a font color by mistake).
Yes, that's part of the issue I first reported and it is not because of any color choices you have made. For the life of me it looks like that selection control is greyed-out and thus not active even though it is active. Its appearance changed in 6.13.

The good news is that, as of 6.14, the select control DOES now update if you run an action to change the lane selection.