Old 11-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #1
Cavi
Human being with feelings

Default line 6 stomp hx in reaper

So I just got my stomp hx and I love it however I am having an issue. I want to run my guitar in to it then run the usb out to my laptop and in to reaper and record. I want to listen to all of it through my headphones on my laptop so I hear the final stuff. I downloaded asio and also the line 6 stomp hx specific driver. When I set up in reaper I found the line 6 stomp hx specific Asio. from there I go to asio setup and set up to hear from my headphones, and all sounds fine. when I exit and arm a track I can see the input comming in but I do not hear anything from my headphones. And yes the track is set to monitor on. Even if I record something and try and playback still no headphones.... Help....
Cavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:00 AM   #2
Gerry P

Check your track routing in the Routing Matrix
Old 11-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
Cavi

I figured it out. It is a bit counter intuitive. Basically you have the audio options of both asio stomp HX and the normal Asio4all. if you use the stomp one it will work but your headphones will not. However if you choose the Asio4all then go in to the configuration you will see the stomp there and you choose it and setup it up for inputs only, then you will also have your sound card there and you choose it and set it up for outputs only. Then it all works!!
Old 11-17-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
ashcat_lt

Well...then it might work reasonably well. If you're lucky. I'm happy to hear that you are one of the lucky ones, but ASIO4All is a hack and a workaround and almost only works by accident.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #5
Cavi

I have had good luck with it, I have used a line 6 UX1 for a couple of years now, and I will admit I had issues setting it up also, but once I did it has worked great!!
Old 11-18-2018, 11:49 AM   #6
ashcat_lt

If you have a UX1, you don't need the onboard audio, and you don't need ASIO4All. The Line6 drivers are fine.

Edit - IDK about the OPs stomp thing. Didn't research it, but assumed that for whatever reason it can't be used to monitor the computer audio. If it can, probably just use that.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
Cavi

You did not fully read my original post. Yes I do have the UX1 driver and the stomp HX driver, however if I run them I have to use the headphones on the device not my laptop. The only way to run the headphones from my laptop which is what I want is to run asio4all, and in there I setup to run the inputs from the ux drivers or stomphx drivers and the output to my laptop soundcard
Old 11-18-2018, 11:31 PM   #8
ashcat_lt

And my question is why do you want to use the onboard sound at all?
Old 11-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #9
Cavi

I want to hear the output on my headphones which do not fit on either the ux or the hx, plus when I am not recording just editing I do not plug in to the ux or hx
Old 11-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #10
ashcat_lt

Well as long as it's working for you, I guess it's all good. Like I said, you got lucky somehow.

They do make adapters for the headphones though.