Old 11-06-2018, 07:49 AM   #1361
Gerry P
Human being with feelings

Although on Win10-64, I did get a few serious crashes when setting up TI ... but hasn't occurred since then... I do see the odd glitch (yesterday, Master meter wasn't displaying until I stopped transport and selected a few different tracks ... then, all was fine again).
Old 11-10-2018, 01:57 AM   #1362
Miul

Hi Heda,

Why did you disappear?
I think you created the best inspector you can imagine on a daw, and mostly for reaper it fills some unbearable gaps.
But, on my computer, and it seems also in others, crashes so bad that I cannot use it.

Please, let us know if you're working on it, if you discover the cause of it, as I really rely on your inspector with reaper.
Miul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:00 AM   #1363
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miul View Post
Hi Heda,

Why did you disappear?
I think you created the best inspector you can imagine on a daw, and mostly for reaper it fills some unbearable gaps.
But, on my computer, and it seems also in others, crashes so bad that I cannot use it.

Please, let us know if you're working on it, if you discover the cause of it, as I really rely on your inspector with reaper.
I'm still here... it is just that life is complicated sometimes

I would suggest you to uninstall track inspector and reinstall it again. Now, if you start Track Inspector again while it is running, it asks if you want to terminate or create new instance, you have to click terminate.
If you want a new instance you have to run a different lua action, there are two extra ones included by default
"HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Floating.lua" and "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Floating_2.lua"
you can use this HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Floating_2.lua for the one showing only the tags panel.

I'm releasing an update later today with an option to hide presets and tag options (non specific to the track)
Old 11-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #1364
heda

* v1.4pre60 (2018-11-19)
+ Tags panel option: Show presets and tag options

Small update to hide tags list from the tags panel. Can be useful to hide it from main instance if you always use tags in another instance.

If it crashes please let me know the exact crash error and will fix it as soon as possible. Crashes shouldn't happen but at this point there are so many options and variables that is difficult for me to test everything, so please report the crash. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2018, 08:10 AM   #1365
heda

* v1.4pre61 (2018-11-23)
# fix unarchive button

"unarchive" button should appear now again if you select an archived track. This bug had been introduced by a recent update handling archived versions.
The button "Show archived tracks", next to the archive/unarchive button, only displays manually archived tracks. But maybe it should also display archived (non active) Track Versions, or maybe the best would be to create another specific button for that in the Track Versions panel.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:08 PM   #1366
_Stevie_

Awesome, thanks man!

Could you also have a look at the Track Templates script?
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=102
Old 11-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #1367
heda

* v1.4pre63 (2018-11-27)
# fix crash again attempt to compare number with nil, in some cases.

hopefully... it doesn't randomly crash now. It wasn't crashing for me, for on certain configurations it could crash without reason.

@_Stevie_ yes.. that would be good to add. thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #1368
Sju

Hello. I got interested in your Inspector script again after ages of pulling my hair out with trying to use Reaper's mixer as an inspector (doesn't display selected tracks inside collapsed folders for example..)

I donated for the VIP license a couple years back. I remember trying to use the Inspector back then and diving into the settings menu to do some customization. I made some changes that the interface didn't quite agree with and it bugged out.

IMG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cki...ew?usp=sharing

It also doesn't seem to follow the selected track. I couldn't find out how to fix that so I abandoned it.

I'd like to give it another try, but my version is still bugged, and I can't update it because it seems that there was an expiration date to the license.

I'm wondering how I can reset the script to default settings. The documentation mentions a "RESET ALL TO DEFAULT" button in the settings tab, but I can't see it, maybe because of the older version?

IMG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oRi...ew?usp=sharing

If it works now and fits my workflow, I'll gladly donate again, but I'd like to check it out first if possible because of the previous experience.

Oh, two more questions:

1. Does the script place any additional files in the project/project folder?
2. Does the script generate any hidden tracks or place effects onto tracks in order to do monitoring etc? Can it be disabled?

Essentially I'm looking for a lightweight and non-intrusive solution to replace Reaper's mixer as the track inspector, and hopefully this can be it.

Last edited by Sju; 11-29-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:34 AM   #1369
heda

Hi Sju
Yes that 1.1 is a very old version.
It doesn't create any files in the project folder. All data is saved inside the rpp REAPER file.
In the version 1.4 if you hide the meters panel it wont create any sends to hidden tracks for the metering.
You can customize which panels to show to create a more minimalistic inspector. You can also create new instances with different configurations so you can have a full inspector and a minimalistic inspector for example.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #1370
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
@_Stevie_ yes.. that would be good to add. thanks for the suggestion.
You're welcome! I hope it's not too hard to implement.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:28 AM   #1371
Pinknoise

I still get an error when duplicating tracks with latest script.
v1.4pre63
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #1372
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
I still get an error when duplicating tracks with latest script.
v1.4pre63
I don't understand. If you see this error when duplicating a track, you should see it also when starting track inspector.
I don't get this error. Maybe you have both dpmeter2 and dpmeter3 installed? Make sure you only have dpmeter3 vst3 installed.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #1373
Pinknoise

Bingo! Conflict between the 2.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote