Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
Scottsdale
Human being with feelings

Default UX for keyboard users: the tab order of the Render dialogue could use some refinement

Hi,

I'm loving the new functionality that's being added in the Render dialogue lately, but teaching my students to use these excellent additions is proving to be a task and a half because configuring 'em using the keyboard currently involves an unholy amount of bashing away on Tab/Shift+Tab. Explore the current tab order and I'm quite sure you'll agree that - right now - it doesn't reflect the visual workflow accurately. Here are a couple of examples where reordering could unlock huge productivity improvements:

- Choosing whether you're setting up the primary or secondary render is currently separated from configuration of the output paths and formats for each by a minimum of 13 Tabs.

- Options related to output paths/formats are currently at the end of the tab order, after the render queue, the "Save changes and close" button and the Render button. IE, whilst configuring options, a keyboard user will find themselves constantly Tabbing/Shift+Tabbing through options to queue or start the render (buttons that they're presumably not ready to hit yet if they're still adjusting settings).

This is less specific than my usual posts I know, but if someone could spend a couple of minutes rethinking the tab order to reflect the visual UX more closely, it would be massively appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott
Scottsdale is offline   Reply With Quote