Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #761
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Hey Jurgen! Several things...

1. I'm getting some weird "flashy" stuff happening with 8.40, upon entering Volume mode, Pan mode, Sends mode (it seems to "Flash" the mode I was just in, such as "Track Select" etc), using the Launchpad Pro. Have no idea why it's happening. Was fine with 7.30 or whatever version that was, before 8.00.

2. Also, is there any way you can change the Launchpad Pro's scale mode a little so the Minor Pentatonic, Major Pentatonic and Minor Blues scales stay in a horizontal row when doing 8th ^ ? In 8th ^, the Major, Minor, and all modes show as a perfect horizontal row, or even the "Centered" mode is pretty useful. But when using those three Pentatonic-based modes... everything gets wacky and doesn't stay in the horizontal layout... would be nice if it just used the first 6 columns of pads (root to octave) and the first 7 columns, in the Blues scale.

I tend to prefer horizontal layouts when using DrivenByMoss, or anything similar to this. Find it super useful.

3. Another question I had (which I don't think is possible).. am I able to access my Custom modes on Launchpad X (bypassing DrivenByMoss), or do I have to disable the controller completely, if I want to use Launchpad X in its regular mode...? Not a problem if so as I have the LP Pro I tend to prefer using with DrivenByMoss... reason being is I love the Launchpad X's 4 4x4 drum grids (different colors) for random stuff. Speaking of that...

4. is there any way to get Drum 4x4 mode or Drum 64 mode to somewhat match the Reaper track color, like Notes mode does? The yellow isn't very appealing.

Let me know if you're able to update any of this stuff relatively easily... thanks again for your hard work! I love using DrivenByMoss for so many things... SO fun! It really adds SO much to Reaper... SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! It's so nice having step-sequencing with the Launchpad Pro... etc. FANTASTIC work.

Thanks!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:50 AM   #762
shosty
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 156
Default

Is the source available anywhere? The github only seems to have the bitwig extension.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:18 AM   #763
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
Oh that's a shame. I just tried with a new user and also on my Windows install and the same thing there. Is it definitely working with the latest reaper version?

I've also tried with the previous version 4.03 and that shows up fine in reaper on linux.
For Windows you need to install the latest C++ redistributable, see some posts above. Will need to look into it but are currently too busy finishing other stuff.

Edit: Installing the VC++ redistributables is no longer necessary since 8.51.

For Linux: are you running a 64 bit OS?

Last edited by moss; 01-11-2020 at 02:18 AM.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:23 AM   #764
shosty
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
For Windows you need to install the latest C++ redistributable, see some posts above. Will need to look into it but are currently too busy finishing other stuff.

For Linux: are you running a 64 bit OS?
I'll try again with Windows later then.

Yes, 64 bit linux with 64 bit reaper.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #765
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Hey Jurgen! Several things...

1. I'm getting some weird "flashy" stuff happening with 8.40, upon entering Volume mode, Pan mode, Sends mode (it seems to "Flash" the mode I was just in, such as "Track Select" etc), using the Launchpad Pro. Have no idea why it's happening. Was fine with 7.30 or whatever version that was, before 8.00.

2. Also, is there any way you can change the Launchpad Pro's scale mode a little so the Minor Pentatonic, Major Pentatonic and Minor Blues scales stay in a horizontal row when doing 8th ^ ? In 8th ^, the Major, Minor, and all modes show as a perfect horizontal row, or even the "Centered" mode is pretty useful. But when using those three Pentatonic-based modes... everything gets wacky and doesn't stay in the horizontal layout... would be nice if it just used the first 6 columns of pads (root to octave) and the first 7 columns, in the Blues scale.

I tend to prefer horizontal layouts when using DrivenByMoss, or anything similar to this. Find it super useful.

3. Another question I had (which I don't think is possible).. am I able to access my Custom modes on Launchpad X (bypassing DrivenByMoss), or do I have to disable the controller completely, if I want to use Launchpad X in its regular mode...? Not a problem if so as I have the LP Pro I tend to prefer using with DrivenByMoss... reason being is I love the Launchpad X's 4 4x4 drum grids (different colors) for random stuff. Speaking of that...

4. is there any way to get Drum 4x4 mode or Drum 64 mode to somewhat match the Reaper track color, like Notes mode does? The yellow isn't very appealing.

Let me know if you're able to update any of this stuff relatively easily... thanks again for your hard work! I love using DrivenByMoss for so many things... SO fun! It really adds SO much to Reaper... SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! It's so nice having step-sequencing with the Launchpad Pro... etc. FANTASTIC work.

Thanks!
hi, just a friendly bump for my earlier post.. thanks Jurgen (Moss)! Also, I've been experiencing some more buggy behavior with 8.40 with all my devices (Launchpad Pro, SL MKIII, Push 2) using the Poise plugin (64-bit) by One Small Clue. If I had a pad in steady 8th notes, every half second or so, it stutters the hits... like it's CONSTANTLY updating something... but this ONLY happens when playback is fully stopped. It does not happen during recording, or during playback. Only when just finger-drumming when Reaper is completely stopped.

This does not happen as much with version 7.05, which I almost always stick with. I was using 8.40 for a while (after the Windows runtime install, as suggested).. still was experiencing lag, but now this hiccup thing with Poise. Since I use Poise a lot in my tracks, I figure I'll just go to the safe older DrivenByMoss version.

If you have any idea what could be causing this (such as a Reaper preference or MIDI something or other), please let me know. Thanks man!

Last edited by themixtape; 12-26-2019 at 06:38 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:41 PM   #766
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 8,423
Default

Just another friendly bump to move this thread to the "Control surfaces" subforum to be more easily found by interested users....
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:52 PM   #767
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Just another friendly bump to move this thread to the "Control surfaces" subforum to be more easily found by interested users....
-Michael
AMEN, Michael. THANK YOU! That's the best place for it.

Mods, please?
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:21 AM   #768
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Just another friendly bump to move this thread to the "Control surfaces" subforum to be more easily found by interested users....
-Michael
Yes, please. I am all for it too. Does someone know one of the moderators?
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #769
flipotto
Human being with feelings
 
flipotto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 554
Default Push2 unhandled midi status 254

See image from setup and config - running 8.40 with push2
logging windows shows the following message flooding the logging window.
Is this normal?
Code:
unhandled midi status 254
unhandled midi status 254
unhandled midi status 254
Attached Images
File Type: png 8.40 screen cap.png (32.9 KB, 11 views)
__________________
KeyMce/GenMce - pc keyboard/midi to Mackie control emulation (built with ahk). Also - an ahk script to build your own midi programs.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #770
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
See image from setup and config - running 8.40 with push2
logging windows shows the following message flooding the logging window.
Is this normal?
Code:
unhandled midi status 254
unhandled midi status 254
unhandled midi status 254
getting that too even with 7.05 (with Push 2)
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:24 AM   #771
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Big update 8.51 is online!

This also fixes the problem with the missing DLL on Windows.
You can watch the DrivenByMoss 8.50 videos on my Youtube channel for an introduction to the new features. They are for Bitwig but the changes are pretty identical.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMg...Yamt9C-xbxwjTA
  • Fixed: Log output was not visible on startup.
  • Removed support for Arturia Beatstep Pro due to too much limitations (use Generic Flexi instead).
  • APC40
    • New: Changed direction of session-clip/scene scrolling
  • Mackie HUI
    • New: Added support for icon Master fader extension
    • New: Insert buttons select track
    • New: Added (HUI QICK PUNCH) - Toggle Punch In
    • New: Added (HUI IN) - Toggle Punch In
    • New: Added (HUI OUT) - Toggle Punch Out
    • New: Added (HUI ON LINE) - Toggle Audio Engine on/off for current project
    • New: Added (HUI RETURN TO ZERO) - Return the play cursor to the start of the arranger
    • New: Improved unmute/unsolo all tracks
  • Native Instruments Kontrol 1
    • New: Improved speed of knobs
    • New: Changed direction of session-clip/scene scrolling
  • Launchpad
    • New: Added Poly Sequencer
    • New: Delete + Scene button in Session view deletes the scene
    • New: Shift mode: Enable note repeat and set the note repeat period and length with the pads in the middle
    • New: Sends mode: Display name of sends when selected
    • New: Light buttons brighter when pressed
    • New: Flipped Up/Down button in Device mode
    • New: Changed direction of session-clip/scene scrolling
    • New: Added notification messages to Shift view
    • New: Used several colors in Shift view for easier function identification
    • Fixed: Duplicate did not work on non-pro models
  • Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • You need to load the new template into the Maschine (Bitwig.ncc) first
    • New: Use multiple colors on pads
    • New: Added note repeat (long press note view to change settings)
    • New: Pressing the encoder button always toggles between slow/fast value change, except tempo (tap tempo) and browser mode (confirm selection)
  • OSC
    • New: Added commands for note repeat (/vkb_midi/noterepeat/...)
    • New: Added /track/hasParent {0,1}
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Delete + Scene button (in Play, Piano, Drum 64, Session view): Delete the scene
    • New: Delete + pad in scene play mode: Delete the scene
    • New: The quantize mode now contains the record quantization configuration as well
    • New: The note insert/edit MIDI channel can be selected in the Track Details mode and in the document settings
    • New: Buttons are lit brighter when pressed
    • New: Changed direction of session-clip/scene scrolling
    • New: Scrolling scenes in scene play view scrolls whole 64 scenes
    • Fixed: Push 1: Header text in Master mode was missing
  • SL MkIII
    • New: Changed direction of session-clip/scene scrolling

Enjoy!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:20 AM   #772
shosty
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
For Linux: are you running a 64 bit OS?
I think I've found the problem. I noticed that when running reaper from a terminal I get this error:

Code:
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/alex/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_drivenbymoss.so)
Error loading /home/alex/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_drivenbymoss.so: (null)
Is glibc 2.29 a requirement or did you just happen build it against this version? Ubuntu 18 currently has 2.27.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #773
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
I think I've found the problem. I noticed that when running reaper from a terminal I get this error:

Code:
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/alex/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_drivenbymoss.so)
Error loading /home/alex/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_drivenbymoss.so: (null)
Is glibc 2.29 a requirement or did you just happen build it against this version? Ubuntu 18 currently has 2.27.
I am runing 19.10, so I guess that is the reason. I looked into statically linking but it seems that is not an option for several reasons.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #774
shosty
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I am runing 19.10, so I guess that is the reason. I looked into statically linking but it seems that is not an option for several reasons.
Unless you're somehow planning to build it differently could you please provide info on how to build this? I can build the github but it doesn't seem to provide the reaper files as far as I can see.

I'm tempted to upgrade to 19.10 for this but it would be much easier if I could just compile it myself if it's not a hard dependency.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #775
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Thanks again, Jurgen!

1. Is there any way you can change version 8.51's scale mode (Launchpad Pro and Push 2) a little so the Minor Pentatonic, Major Pentatonic and Minor Blues scales stay in a horizontal row when doing 8th ^ ? In 8th ^, the Major, Minor, and all modes show as a perfect horizontal row, or even the "Centered" mode is pretty useful. But when using those three Pentatonic-based modes... everything gets wacky and doesn't stay in the horizontal layout... would be nice if it just used the first 6 columns of pads (root to octave) and the first 7 columns, in the Blues scale.

2. Is there any way to get Drum 4x4 mode or Drum 64 mode to match the Reaper track color, like Notes mode does? The yellow isn't very appealing.... love how the Note mode's colors match the tracks with the melodic stuff. Would be great if the Drum stuff could as well... maybe even something as basic as all white pads?

Last edited by themixtape; 01-02-2020 at 09:24 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:42 AM   #776
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Getting Unhandled MIDI Status error: 254 with Push 2. Wasn't working at all, but now it's fine... but still giving the constant error when the config window is open. No issues with SL MKIII or Launchpad Pro. This is version 8.51. I deleted the old folders/files and installed everything fresh.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thank you!

Last edited by themixtape; 01-03-2020 at 12:49 AM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:51 AM   #777
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Also, bug report re: the Note Repeat functionality (version 8.51)

Push 2...

When you hold Repeat to get to the divisions, with the Period, you can access all divisions with the encoder or the two buttons below the screen. With Length? You can't go below 1/8t with the encoder or the two buttons.

Interestingly, when you go to the Configuration, if you select 1/16th for Length, on the screen, it shows 1/8t. Then if you select 1/32, it jumps right to 1/32t.

So, if it goes as far down as 1/32t, when you turn the encoder counterclockwise, it skips to 1/16t then 1/8t (QUICKLY)... the "back" button (below the screen) does nothing.

Definitely a big bug....

Thanks, Jurgen!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #778
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
1. Is there any way you can change version 8.51's scale mode (Launchpad Pro and Push 2) a little so the Minor Pentatonic, Major Pentatonic and Minor Blues scales stay in a horizontal row when doing 8th ^ ? In 8th ^, the Major, Minor, and all modes show as a perfect horizontal row, or even the "Centered" mode is pretty useful. But when using those three Pentatonic-based modes... everything gets wacky and doesn't stay in the horizontal layout... would be nice if it just used the first 6 columns of pads (root to octave) and the first 7 columns, in the Blues scale.
Looking into scales always makes my brain hurt :-) So, I guess this will not happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
2. Is there any way to get Drum 4x4 mode or Drum 64 mode to match the Reaper track color, like Notes mode does? The yellow isn't very appealing.... love how the Note mode's colors match the tracks with the melodic stuff. Would be great if the Drum stuff could as well... maybe even something as basic as all white pads?
Good idea! Will be in the next update.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:15 PM   #779
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Getting Unhandled MIDI Status error: 254 with Push 2.
It seems it receives Active Sensing messages (you can ignore them), which I never saw on my system. What is the Firmware number of your Push?
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #780
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Also, bug report re: the Note Repeat functionality (version 8.51)

Push 2...

When you hold Repeat to get to the divisions, with the Period, you can access all divisions with the encoder or the two buttons below the screen. With Length? You can't go below 1/8t with the encoder or the two buttons.

Interestingly, when you go to the Configuration, if you select 1/16th for Length, on the screen, it shows 1/8t. Then if you select 1/32, it jumps right to 1/32t.

So, if it goes as far down as 1/32t, when you turn the encoder counterclockwise, it skips to 1/16t then 1/8t (QUICKLY)... the "back" button (below the screen) does nothing.

Definitely a big bug....

Thanks, Jurgen!
The knobs are a bit too fast, I slowed them down now. But the buttons below work fine for me. The button below "Length" moves up, the one below the values down.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:18 PM   #781
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Aww, bummer about the Pentatonic and Blues scales! We would love it if you changed your mind... haha.

Thanks for thinking the drum mode color change is a good idea!

HUGE FAVORS to ask.... first:

With Push 2... could you possibly create a delay when touching the Metronome or Tempo knobs (or disable touching on one of them, preferably the one above Tap Tempo)? I bump those encoders ALL the time and I constantly see the "Play metronome during pre-roll?" screen.... I would love it if that screen did not show up AT ALL when touching the encoders... maybe SHIFT+METRONOME can bring up that screen instead? Or a long-press of Metronome to pull up that screen?

Also, any chance you could move the metronome settings stuff to a page inside the Setup page? Or Master page?

Just hate bumping those encoders all the time.. they're too easy to bump when reaching up to tweak encoder 1 (above Track 1) etc..

I would LOVE it if you could simply remove the touch-encoder thing, for that screen, ultimately.

2nd FAVOR

(Also with Push 2)... any chance the notched/detended encoder (top left, above Tap Tempo) could be used to jog the Reaper timeline by measure? And have the Tempo be adjusted with SHIFT+that encoder? Omg that would be a life-changing function for me. Absolutely life-changing. I notice when I'm in the Metronome settings, there's a "Play Position" indicator. But sadly, you can't turn the encoder above it, to jog by measure... but if you could use that top left encoder... I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful. So insanely grateful (I think others would, too).

My Push 2 version is Firmware: 1.0 Build 64 (current according to Ableton)

Thanks SO much, Jurgen!

Last edited by themixtape; 01-04-2020 at 04:30 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #782
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Version 8.60 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • All devices
    • New: Color drum pads in the tracks color
  • AutoColor
    • Fixed: Crashed on startup
  • Launchpad
    • New: Drum 4 and Drum 8 Sequencers: draw longer notes in darker color
  • Mackie MCU
    • New: Added an explicit setting for devices with only 1 channel ("Has only 1 fader"), e.g. the Behringer X-TOuch One. For devices with the normal 8 channels the select button now works again in marker and device mode.
    • New: Send button states for function keys (F1-F5) which turns on the LED if the device has one and supports it (e.g. Behringer X-Touch One).
    • New: Knob LEDs in device mode show only one dot
    • Fixed: Knob speed was too slow
    • Fixed: Knob LEDs were off when panorama was fully left
  • Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • Include Bitwig template as Template (Bitwig.ncmm3) again, not the full Memory dump (Bitwig.ncc).
    • You need to load this new template into the Maschine (Bitwig.ncmm3) first (due to changes to the Touchstrip settings).
    • New: Change note repeat period and length via ribbon (MOD: CC1, CC11; PERFORM: Master Volume; NOTES: Note Repeat Period / Length)
    • New: The touchstrip LEDs are updated matching the selected mode.
    • New: Pitchbend modes of touchstrip return to zero setting when finger is released.
    • New: Flipped direction of Pitchbend Down Mode of touchstrip to match the LEDs.
    • New: Added setting "Action for pressing rec armed empty clip"
    • New: Erase+pad deletes scene, clip, track (depending on the selected mode)
    • New: Duplicate+pad duplicates scene, clip, track (depending on the selected mode)
    • New: Browser+pad in Clip Mode opens the browser to load a clip
    • New: Stop+pad in Clip Mode stops the clip. Clips queued to be stopped are now lit in dark green
  • Native Instruments Kontrol 1
    • Fixed: Did crash when there was not track in the project
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Long press notes in Drum, Drum 4 and Drum 8 Sequencers to edit it.
    • New: Drum 4 and Drum 8 Sequencers: draw longer notes in darker color
    • New: Slow down value changes in note repeat mode
    • New: Change note repeat period and length via ribbon
    • Fixed: Fixed Length button was lit when volume mode was active

Enjoy!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:17 PM   #783
Vincent Sermonne
Human being with feelings
 
Vincent Sermonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marseille France
Posts: 6,135
Default

Thank you very much moss !!!
__________________
Vincent
ReaperDrummer
http://www.tchackpoum.fr
Vincent Sermonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:57 PM   #784
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Thank you, Jurgen! Please check my post above yours-- 2 small favors I'd love for you to be able to fix/tweak if you can, thank you!

Also, Note Repeat-- same problem as I mentioned above. Can't go below 1/8t for the Length... it skips right to 1/16t with the encoder and touchstrip, and then right to 1/32t. Buttons don't let me go below 1/8t, at all (just like before).Period encoder/touchstrip is fine as well as the buttons. Thanks!

Last edited by themixtape; 01-06-2020 at 09:04 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #785
shosty
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 156
Default

Does the github source build the reaper files?
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:53 PM   #786
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Mods-- could we please move this thread to MIDI Controllers sub-forum? Thank youuuuu
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:25 PM   #787
barbaroja
Human being with feelings
 
barbaroja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
It seems it receives Active Sensing messages (you can ignore them), which I never saw on my system. What is the Firmware number of your Push?
I am also getting this since the last update of ableton live. I use MidiOX to check and filter messages and it is effectively Active Sensing.

Since I also use LoopMIDI to create bridging MIDI ports (so I can start whatever DAW with no problem and no need for restarting), I had some trouble with that. I had to filter active sensing to be able to have push 2 light up correctly, for some reason.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:05 PM   #788
mehmethan
Human being with feelings
 
mehmethan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 458
Default

Hi, I'm constantly trying all versions published here but still no luck with that lagging, hanging, cpu overload on some plugins. I also tried that latest C++ redistributable install which worked for some users but still no luck here. (push 2 user)
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:24 AM   #789
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
I am also getting this since the last update of ableton live. I use MidiOX to check and filter messages and it is effectively Active Sensing.

Since I also use LoopMIDI to create bridging MIDI ports (so I can start whatever DAW with no problem and no need for restarting), I had some trouble with that. I had to filter active sensing to be able to have push 2 light up correctly, for some reason.
I will simply block this in the next update.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:07 AM   #790
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosty View Post
Does the github source build the reaper files?
The Reaper part is not public. The reason is that that this is some really weird stuff, which I do not want to answer any questions about :-)
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:08 AM   #791
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Hi, I'm constantly trying all versions published here but still no luck with that lagging, hanging, cpu overload on some plugins. I also tried that latest C++ redistributable install which worked for some users but still no luck here. (push 2 user)
Sorry, I ran totally out of ideas here since I cannot reproduce that on any of my systems.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #792
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Thanks again, Jurgen!

I feel dumb--- I just realized the second encoder on Push 2 DOES jog the timeline... for some reason it wasn't working before, but it does now.

Still curious if you could make those function pages part of a "hold button" instead of a "touch encoder" thing, though. But, nice to have jog capability. I have no idea why it wasn't working before, as I did try to turn it and nothing happened.

The only thing that sucks is that Play Position encoder if you turn it too fast, jumps backward. The only way to get it working perfectly is to turn slowly. There's nothing wrong with my Push 2 as that encoder works fine with Ableton, no jumps in the other direction, even when turning fast.

Thanks again for your AMAZING work, Jurgen. I have posted everywhere over the past few weeks (Reddit, Gearslutz, this forum, and YouTube comments) praising your superb work for Reaper and Bitwig.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:25 AM   #793
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Thanks again, Jurgen!

I feel dumb--- I just realized the second encoder on Push 2 DOES jog the timeline... for some reason it wasn't working before, but it does now.

Still curious if you could make those function pages part of a "hold button" instead of a "touch encoder" thing,
This will be changed in the next update. Position and tempo info will only be an overlay and other metronome settings will go to long pressing the metronome button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Thanks again, Thanks again for your AMAZING work, Jurgen. I have posted everywhere over the past few weeks (Reddit, Gearslutz, this forum, and YouTube comments) praising your superb work for Reaper and Bitwig.
Thanks :-)
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:17 PM   #794
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Hi Jurgen! Re: the OLD versions of DBM.... I don't remember the java files I installed or the way I configured anything. Is there any way to fully erase that old stuff (pre-version 3, which allowed for ALL the important files included in the DBM zip files)... ? I don't know what to erase or disable..

I have a feeling this has a lot to do with the lag I experience with any version of DBM from 8.00 onward.

The lag I mostly get is a 1-second lag when selecting menus in Reaper, and/or while STOPPED.... such as, say I have a track with a delay/echo that echos after stopping the transport.... the meter on that track (with the delay/echo) animates, then pauses, animates then pauses, until it fully fades out.

This is ONLY present with DBM 8.00 or higher. and it only happens when transport is stopped.

So if I'm finger-drumming with any drum machine plugin (truly, any)... I get stuttering if I hit a sound, every single second. It's also true with any synth plugin (truly, any). When stopped, stuttering when playing any virtual instrument. When recording, it's fine. When in playback, it's fine.

This is why I usually stick with DBM 7.05, and nothing higher.

Please let me know how to remove those custom java commands/settings (I can't even remember which video of yours walked through the process) and if you think this might have anything to do with it, at all.

Let me know, thanks so much!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:51 AM   #795
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Hi Again Jurgen! It seems the Play Position does not work with version 8.60 of DBM. It does with 7.05.

I'm experiencing buggy behavior with Poise plugin and Guru (32-bit, in 64-bit Reaper)... with any version of DBM above 7.05. I get glitchy audio while just finger-drumming WITHOUT the Reaper transport playing back. Full stop. There is NO glitchy audio with the transport PLAYING or RECORDING. None. Only while stopped.

Any idea? I might have to go back to 7.05 yet again.

Thank you!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:47 AM   #796
moss
Human being with feelings
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Hi Jurgen! Re: the OLD versions of DBM.... I don't remember the java files I installed or the way I configured anything. Is there any way to fully erase that old stuff (pre-version 3, which allowed for ALL the important files included in the DBM zip files)... ? I don't know what to erase or disable..
Simply delete the files and folders, which are also in the latest download.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:05 AM   #797
Travesty
Human being with feelings
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 520
Default

Hello Jurgen,

I'm using the plugin on an s25 mk1

The default encoder speed is very fast, and I usually have to hold shift. Would it be possible to have a speed scale control in the configurator?

Thanks
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #798
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Simply delete the files and folders, which are also in the latest download.
Thanks, but I thought I remembered tweaking those files OUTSIDE the Reaper folders... like in Windows or a Program Files / Java thing... that's what I was asking about...

I definitely think the Poise plugin and the Guru plugin both have a weird java thing happening, because I don't get the hiccups with either plugin with 7.05 DBM.. only 8.00 and above. And I've tried them in several different Reaper portable install folders... clean, nothing extra except DBM.

Is there any way you can try troubleshooting or point me in the right direction? I use Poise ALL the time and Guru, too. If not, 7.05 should suffice. Another interesting thing to note about 8.60 is that the Note Repeat does not work with Poise or Guru. It works with Geist, and any other synth plugin I have, except those. So something is definitely weird, there, with 8.00 and above.

Thanks, Jurgen!
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:27 PM   #799
themixtape
Human being with feelings
 
themixtape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 799
Default

another Feature Request (if possible)

Any way to have a Push 2 User mode that allows for customization of the main 8 encoders, and pages of them? For generic mapping of plugins, as some Devices don't show anything when using DBM's Device mode. I would love to have like 4 pages of mappable encoders (any CC#, relative1, relative2, and of course, absolute) in User mode... and maybe also the top buttons (below encoders and below screen) assignable as button functions, in the same way they are assigned in the main DBM pages.

Also wondering... is there any way to manually map certain plugins with Device mode? If not, that's ok, just wondering... further, with the Komplete Kontrol plugin, everything works pretty well which is nice... but the Pages don't line up with Push 2 or the SL MKIIIs screens... for instance, the first 4 Pages in Komplete Kontrol are the scale settings (most on Page 1, a couple on Page 2) then Page 3 is blank, then Page 4 the first two slots are blank, then Arp settings... into Page 5 and a couple slots on Page 6.

In total, there are 150 pages in Komplete Kontrol, most of which are blank, except Page 150 which is the Bypass and Dry/Wet settings. Just wondering if there's any way to get everything to line up when making custom mappings for plugins within Komplete Kontrol, and also make it so the page numbers match the config in each instance of Komplete Kontrol... if there's one page of plugin parameters, then only one page should show on Push 2 (or the SL MKIII) when in Device mode...

Thanks again, so much!

Last edited by themixtape; 01-14-2020 at 08:34 PM.
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:12 AM   #800
Vincent Sermonne
Human being with feelings
 
Vincent Sermonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marseille France
Posts: 6,135
Default Master fader movement

Yesterday I encountered a very strange behavior in Reaper with the use of push 1 with the use of an orchestral bank in kontakt and the reaticulate script. The fader of Reaper's Master started to move by itself, small irregular, random movements. I turned off the push and the phenomenon stopped. I must specify that I used the push bar allocated by default to the pitch bend in the CC controller.
__________________
Vincent
ReaperDrummer
http://www.tchackpoum.fr
Vincent Sermonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.