Old 10-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #1
filtersweep
Human being with feelings

Default "not a valid win32 application"

I have searched but not able to find any info about this.
every time i install Reaper,it starts fine and scans all vst etc. yet when i start Reaper next time i start my machine i get this error "Reaper is not a valid win32 application".. I've tried several times now and it does the same whatever i try. it's driving me crazy ,i have work in progress. help would be greatly appreciated. thx
filtersweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #2
ivansc

I have on one occasion accidentally downloaded & installed the wrong version of Reaper when prompted to update. Could possibly be that, but I dont recall ever getting that exact error messsage. Sorry I cant help more.

What operating system version are you using & are you getting any other errors?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
filtersweep

Default Not a valid 32bit application....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
I have on one occasion accidentally downloaded & installed the wrong version of Reaper when prompted to update. Could possibly be that, but I dont recall ever getting that exact error messsage. Sorry I cant help more.

What operating system version are you using & are you getting any other errors?
I am on win7 in this instance.
i have made sure i download 32bit version; it must be right because i can always open the program after install. It's only when i boot up my machine again that it starts just popping out this error. I am at a loss, but it looks as if i have to just forget about reaper for a while...
filtersweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtersweep View Post
I am on win7 in this instance.
i have made sure i download 32bit version; it must be right because i can always open the program after install. It's only when i boot up my machine again that it starts just popping out this error. I am at a loss, but it looks as if i have to just forget about reaper for a while...
A couple of things that might be coming into play. If your antivirus software has mis-identified some part of REAPER as malicious, it could be preventing it from loading properly.

I've seen cases where a component gets tagged, and a reinstall will work right after installing, but then because the component had previously been tagged, it gets put in quarantine again on the next boot.

Alternatively, you might actually have a virus that is infecting or zeroing out executable programs. Check the file size of REAPER right after installing it, and again after a reboot. It shouldn't change.

You might also want to open a CMD window and issue the command,

sfc /scannow

which will run the system file checker. This will run a LONG time, but may find some Windows component that is corrupted.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rrupted-system
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote