Old 12-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
WynD
Human being with feelings

Default Long Time Till Tomorrow

Here is the latest song for my next CD.
This one is called 'Long Time Till Tomorrow'
https://www.box.com/s/3t5dwe4x9xpntn4d3r4b

It is 99 percent done.
I am going to have a friend/guest guitar lead which will follow the synth lead.
This is a song that he wrote and we played in our band many, many, MANY moons ago. I told him I would really like to record my own version of his song and he gave me his blessing. I thought it would be cool for him to play the lead on it and he agreed to do it for me. Once the holiday craziness is over with he will add the lead for me. I can't wait!!

I'll be glad for any feedback or comments on mix or ... anything.
Thanks
WynD
Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
morgon

Yes good i really like it, and now not 'but', an interesting tweak imo would be to 'assert' the vocal a tad more, hey you can do that when youre really in tune as you are here,let it fly! no need to be oversensitive with it, the song and content already got us convinced, a bit more [for the want of a better word]'aggro' will be not only be forgiven but appreciated,no need to be tentative, you got it!
morgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
WynD

Thanks so much Morgon.
I appreciate your comments.
I do understand what you are saying about the lead vocal and I am definitely not against doing some more takes to see what I can do with it.
Back in my old band I was more of a background singer but did a couple leads on a few songs. I never really considered myself a lead vocalist.
Now since I am writing and recording again, and doing all the lead vocals, I am really working at trying to be a better singer.
As with any instrument, the more you practice the better one usually will become. I have a long ways to go to get where I would like to be in that regard. But I will keep working at it.

Thanks again.
WynD
Old 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
WynD

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgon View Post
Yes good i really like it, and now not 'but', an interesting tweak imo would be to 'assert' the vocal a tad more, hey you can do that when youre really in tune as you are here,let it fly! no need to be oversensitive with it, the song and content already got us convinced, a bit more [for the want of a better word]'aggro' will be not only be forgiven but appreciated,no need to be tentative, you got it!
Morgon..... if you check this thread again I did do some more takes on the vocal just to try some different things and see what you think.
I really only redid the last verse to the end of the song. The beginning part I want to sound 'reflective' and subdued for lack of better words. The middle verse/chorus/bridge build a little. I left those parts as you had originally heard. The last part of the song is where all the 'frustration' lets go.
I tried to let it fly anyway :-) At least as far as I can fly at this time ;-)

Thanks for your input and advice.
WynD

Last edited by WynD; 01-02-2013 at 11:40 PM.
WynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
morgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynD View Post
Morgon..... if you check this thread again I did do some more takes on the vocal just to try some different things and see what you think.
I really only redid the last verse to the end of the song. The beginning part I want to sound 'reflective' and subdued for lack of better words. The middle verse/chorus/bridge build a little. I left those parts as you had originally heard. The last part of the song is where all the 'frustration' lets go.
I tried to let it fly anyway :-) At least as far as I can fly at this time ;-)

Thanks for your input and advice.
WynD
Wyn,i just got back to this thread and YEAH! thats it, the first thing i noticed[from the first post] was that you sing great in tune, THAT is license, that is why you can do the light and shade at your own discretion, I really like that dynamic and REALLY like this latest version, Congrats -morgon
morgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
WynD

Thanks so much for the compliments.
I really do appreciate it and thanks so much for giving my song a listen.

WynD