Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 05-17-2022, 08:28 AM   #1
TimeVerdrive
Human being with feelings

Default Color notes by Track not working as expected

I'd like my midi notes to have the same color as their respective tracks. However, using 'color notes by -> Track' adds some tint/gradient. When notes are selected it looks closer to the track color, but it's still not quite there. I cannot for the life of me find the setting/file/code where this behaviour is set. Thanks a lot for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: png Midi Note Color.png (21.3 KB, 82 views)
TimeVerdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #2
foxAsteria

It's determined by midi_note_colormap.png inside your theme file. Not that it's easy to adjust...Probably easier to find a theme that get it close and then copy the file into your own theme.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:49 PM   #3
TimeVerdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
It's determined by midi_note_colormap.png inside your theme file. Not that it's easy to adjust...Probably easier to find a theme that get it close and then copy the file into your own theme.
Well, you'd think that, but it's not actually. I've made colormaps before myself, and there is nothing there which would (or should) change the 'color notes by track(!)' behaviour.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...20&postcount=2. The map changes the velocity, pitch, channel and source colors.

Just as a test a made the colormap all red and later all blue, and (as expected) it doesn't change the way the notes look when using the Track setting.

Thanks for the input though
TimeVerdrive is offline   Reply With Quote