Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old Today, 02:57 AM   #241
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

@bri1; Hm, bri1, I just had another look at home, and the filter2 list shouldn't go off the screen indeed. So that was a valid concern after all

@vdubreeze;
Thanks!

Hmmm, the filter 2 box going offscreen seems similar to the issue Bri1 mentioned. Anyways, re both these issuse, it sounds like the issue with the second filter is that the combo box is opening in the wrong direction. I guess I didn't anticipate how big it would grow .

I will look at fixing this in the next update. I hope to roll this one out by the end of Saturday. There's one last filter in there too, which I'm still working on, that needs to be tamed a bit to play nice before I can roll it out.

As for the size discrepancies on different displays, is only one of the screens a retina display? If it opens on a retina display, all the sizes are doubled, so that's what you're seeing there. I'm not entirely sure whether it is possible to detect dragging from and to retina display, from/to a non retina display. I don't have one to test, which makes it tricky.

Last edited by sai'ke; Today at 03:14 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:17 AM   #242
Bri1

@sai'ke__> dude_your amayyzing =)
many thanx for considering anything..
will give filther another blast when seeing new update- basically if i find anything atmo = kinda just quit the plug and move on to something else..
re: reset: yes,without any mods- try switching stereo modes as a user might(with an active filther) =output goes to 0 <here> atmo.
re: key tracking: as some types can not be tracked by your posting instruct- is it doossible to label types that can track with a "trk" tag,or something to make that more obvious for users?
re: screen resolutions: i run native monitor defaults of 1360/768- some jsfx go completely offscreen currently..as some will not scale overall dimensions..

totally accepting this is a wip!! i make no statements of haste or waste towards anything really - and expect perfection as a bare minimum (it's that goal we are all interested in!)
btw- the output clip function-- is this working for everybody?
roll on more awesumz...cheerz.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:02 AM   #243
Eliseat

Hi Sai'ke,

I have some new ideas and/or optimizations.

- Several times I was unable to grab a WS point because it was near or behind the preset list. Wouldn't it make more sense to change the list into a drop down list like the LFO modes?

- If you turn the LFO timing to Tempo you can't snap to 2 measures. It jumps from 3/8 to 3.

- Would it be to much work to allow drop down list scroll wheel support? This feels kind of intuitive for me, but I don't know if you and others also think so.

- And even more decadent: Would it be possible to allow stopping the GUI animations. Just a tiny tick (double click?) to stop the updating (only showing the last picture)? This maybe could help users with performance issues like me. But not sure about that.

- If I create some videos, could you upload them to Youtube for me? As I don't like or support google anymore this would be better then posting them on my mega.nz account, as long as iframes aren't supported in this forums.

So beside that I just want to give some more feedback where I reach the limits in Filther. Firstly I can't take Filther as a plain filter plugin anymore. If you use it with a steady source like a synth on the same amp output level you get the best results AND it shows up like a real instrument.
As you considered to maybe once create a synth, this would be easy with Filther as a frame. Adding two OSCs and some more level, pan and modulation possibilities could do the change from an effect plugin to an instrument. This of course shouldn't be done in JSFX as it suffers from its limitations.

And here I really suffer too because a second LFO would be a creative explosion for Filther. I can't count how often I thought: damn, another LFO to make a long sweep over some short rhythms would be "bombe". The same with separate LFO/DYN buttons for cutoff and resonance. This would allow even more sophisticated presets. Also a more precise envelope with an ADSR like setting is badly missed. I just see how much potential this beast has and can't stop pushing it to the limits. But again, don't feel under pressure because of such whiny comments. We all know how the JSFX limits take action here.

So, I hope that's not to much feedback. Sometimes I feel a bit ashamed to bother you with all the little in-adequateness.

Greetings to you and Nemo (?). And many thanks to him for coding Filther so nicely.

Eli

Last edited by Eliseat; Today at 11:18 AM.
Eliseat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #244
Eliseat

Respective the narsty filter (can't spell it so I always read nazi filter ) I kind of managed to recreate the preset. But I'm pretty sure this change didn't happen 4 month ago as I had this preset working when I posted my presets here in the forum. The preset I mean is called DarkRoomExperience (don't ask why) and had a very soft resonating overtone and hard bass distortion. It is now only crackling without any changes on my side. The source level is the same, the source waveform and note also. Have no idea what happened.

Greetings
Eli