Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
ElWischi
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper adding random envelope points and offsets

Hello fellow Reaper users,

I've been a Reaper user and forum lurker for over a year now. As a former Sonar user of 17 years I'm still overwhelmed everyday about the incredible workflow Reaper provides and also wanna thank all of you forum users for providing all this great insight.

Now there is this one issue I have found nothing about on the internet. Reaper seems to be adding random envelope points (mostly 4 points on the outer edges of the time selection) on unrelated action. See link below for an example. I toggle a track solo and all of a sudden a bunch of envelope points appear on my volume track. Anybody else experience this?

Also certain envelopes get offset by 1% randomly often times. For example I pretty much always set all my pan envelopes to rounded values but a few hours into working on a project I double check these envelopes and there they are set to values such as 49% or 99%. This is really frustrating. Any kind of help is highly appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdayy5v790...eaper.jpg?dl=0

Maybe this has anything to do with it... I made a custom action after a Kenny Gioia video where I add 4 envelope points to the envelope under my cursor whenever I press F2. This was definitely not the case in the above example tho.

P.S.: all tracks are in trim/read mode and I'm on the latest Reaper version.

Greets,
Martin.

Last edited by ElWischi; 11-28-2018 at 02:15 PM.
ElWischi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
ElWischi

Jon from The Reaper Blog solved it...

"Oh if it happens when scrolling over the TCP then I know exactly why. Mousewheel will grab the automation lane trim knob and move points in your time selection.

In preferences>Editing Behavior>Mouse
Try out the different ignore mousewheel options. I use "Ignore mousewheel on all faders". So it always scrolls instead of grabbing a fader, pan or automation trim.

The other thing you can do is get in the habit of hiding the envelope lanes when you're not actively editing them."

Thanks Jon!!!
ElWischi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
Beezer B

Thank you!!!!

This was driving me crazy all day yesterday.
Random envelope points and actual changes in your pan and volume automation in the final hours before a mix deadline is no fun! Reaper is full of pain in the ass hidden traps like this....I still love it though.
Beezer B is offline   Reply With Quote