Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
synth
Human being with feelings

Default Bugs,annoyances and missing features in REAPER (0.946)

REAPER .946 - Bugs,annoyances and requests

- Below 1/32 note,the grid snapping and quantization is not accurate in the MIDI editor. Try for example 1/64 and see for yourself.

- Is there any way to prevent REAPER from offloading the physical RAM used by itself to the paged memory when it is minimized and restored?
I get serious performance issues when,for example I have a project with a lot of VSTi that uses 500MB of physical memory and 500MB of virtual memory.When the REAPER window loses focus and is focused again,the physical memory used by REAPER is reduced to just 5-6MB from those 500 and it's dumped to the paged memory.And paging from VM is incredibly slow,making my projects run much worse.I have the same problem with FLStudio 6 as well.But Mozilla Firefox doesn't experience a problem like this at all.

- There is no ability to resize already created regions with the mouse.This is annoying.

- No option to turn off the auto note indicator when you hover the mouse on the MIDI editor grid. I also find the green color of it very distracting.

- No ability to select multiple area parts (like you do with the left-click drag),but with a keyboard key / mouse drag combo.).For example,I would like to select all area between 2,3 or more regions at once and then process/do things with that multi-part area.

- More colors for regions.Having all of them green is confusing if you use a lot of regions in your project.

- Justin,will you please add an option when zooming horizontally,not to focus on the playback cursor position as the center point? This is the most annoying thing ever in REAPER,but I haven't posted anything about this until now. I wish there was an option to turn off this auto-focusing,and focus on the middle point of the currently viewed area,no matter of the position of the playback cursor.
Together with the "do not scroll playback when cursor reached the end of the viewable area" which is available now,this will get rid of all major annoyances and enable me to edit stuff much faster than before.
synth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth
- Is there any way to prevent REAPER from offloading the physical RAM used by itself to the paged memory when it is minimized and restored?
This is a windows behavior, I will look into seeing if there are workarounds..
Quote:

- There is no ability to resize already created regions with the mouse.This is annoying.
Just grab the edge of it (the mouse cursor changes on that area)
Quote:
- Justin,will you please add an option when zooming horizontally,not to focus on the playback cursor position as the center point? This is the most annoying thing ever in REAPER,but I haven't posted anything about this until now. I wish there was an option to turn off this auto-focusing,and focus on the middle point of the currently viewed area,no matter of the position of the playback cursor.
Together with the "do not scroll playback when cursor reached the end of the viewable area" which is available now,this will get rid of all major annoyances and enable me to edit stuff much faster than before.
I will add an option for that, yes.. some people like zooming on the cursor, too.. The behavior is actually: if playback cursor is visible and edit cursor isn't, zoom on playback cursor. otherwise, zoom on edit cursor.

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
synth

Thanks,Justin.
So the region resize does work (the hand cursor on the region),but there's no option to resize when hovering the mouse over the region lines.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Justin,will you please add an option when zooming horizontally,not to focus on the playback cursor position as the center point? This is the most annoying thing ever in REAPER,but I haven't posted anything about this until now. I wish there was an option to turn off this auto-focusing,and focus on the middle point of the currently viewed area,no matter of the position of the playback cursor.
Added in .947
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
synth

Great stuff,thanks
(downloading...)