Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
hrolf
Human being with feelings

Default Weird cursor behaviour on textboxes

Hi there !

I think a video would be better than words for this one...: https://youtu.be/ehyMccsB4SI

But some words still: Basically, what's happening is that when I click on textboxes (any textbox: Time signature, BPM, parameter, even the Reaper's changelog when a new version is out), the mouse suddenly begin flickering to hell when I'm moving it, and get stuck. Actually, what you don't see in the video, is that I'm physically moving my mouse 20 or 30cm on my desk when the cursor is flickering on active textboxes.

What is seems is that the cursor is moving 1 dpi at a time.

Some aditional informations:

- It happens in any Reaper's version (currently 5.79)
- I use a Macbook Pro with macOS 10.13.4
- I don't really know when the problem began
- I'm using an external Samsung 4k monitor and it seems to resolve the problem to, well, not using it
- But I only have this problem in Reaper. Everything else is going well since I changed my external monitor to a 4k one.
- I don't really want to throw away my monitor... But will if I'm sure the problem is inherent to it.

EDIT: Just found a thread discussing about a similar issue but with another program, if that can be useful: https://github.com/jakob/Postico/issues/405

I tried what is said in this thread: closing the lid when the external 4k monitor is connected, and just using the external monitor. And, this resolves the problem.

Any help or clue would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

Last edited by hrolf; 04-18-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Additional informations
hrolf is offline   Reply With Quote