Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
Zirus
Human being with feelings

Default Dragging items to different tracks changes item colour to track colour - how to stop?

I really wish i didn't have to ask this :-(
but i just cant find the option to stop it.

I've looked in Extensions Auto Colour/Icon/Layout and Preferences Appearance with no luck so i dunno where else to look and cant find it anywhere i do look :-(

Thx for your time :-)

Last edited by Zirus; 06-11-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Zirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
Outboarder

Hi

Go to Preferences > Appearance > Peaks/Waveforms
Uncheck tint item to Track color.
In some themes this feature is disabled ,for example the default 5.0 theme , if you are using default theme use Default 5.0 Nitpicky Edition.

Download Default 5.0 Nitpicky theme:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=165040
Old 06-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Zirus

Had to change the Default theme to nit picky yeah but that results in the block of the track header itself going grey and only the volume bar on it being coloured, definitely not what i want, i really like having it all in big block colours and it seems other themes ive downloaded have this same prob too if they allow the the tick boxes you said about above.

Seems im stuck then?

Thx for ya help though :-)
Old 06-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirus View Post
Had to change the Default theme to nit picky yeah but that results in the block of the track header itself going grey and only the volume bar on it being coloured, definitely not what i want ...
In addition to the settings Outboarder mentioned, make sure that the option Tint track panel backgrounds under Appearance -> Track Control Panels is enabled, as well.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #5
Zirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
In addition to the settings Outboarder mentioned, make sure that the option Tint track panel backgrounds under Appearance -> Track Control Panels is enabled, as well.

Ok great that sorted that! :-)

But.... doing this:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outboarder View Post
Hi

Go to Preferences > Appearance > Peaks/Waveforms
Uncheck tint item to Track color.
In some themes this feature is disabled ,for example the default 5.0 theme , if you are using default theme use Default 5.0 Nitpicky Edition.
Turns all the items to gray which isnt what im after either :-/

What id like is all the colours of the media items to stay as they are now and just when i move an item to another track it doesnt change colour.

I could do it by doing what Outboarder said and then colouring all the media items myself, then moving any but that seems like a long winded way of doing it plus, any new items will stay grey until i manually colour them rather than changing to the same as the track colour like they do now.

Maybe there is no real way of forcing the colours of items to stay as they are?
Old 06-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #6
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirus View Post
... Turns all the items to gray which isnt what im after either :-/

What id like is all the colours of the media items to stay as they are now and just when i move an item to another track it doesnt change colour.

I could do it by doing what Outboarder said and then colouring all the media items myself, then moving any but that seems like a long winded way of doing it plus, any new items will stay grey until i manually colour them rather than changing to the same as the track colour like they do now.
As the naming in the Custom Colors section suggests (see Outboarders' screenshot), the options in the first row are for tinting the waveform peaks (or MIDI notes) and the options in the second row are for tinting the background of an item.

So in the second row Tint media item background to, enabling the option [Item color] (and in case you want to keep individual colors of Takes, enabling [Take color], as well) should keep the Item background colors when moving Items to a different Track.

With the Tint [Track color] options disabled, you'll have to manually color new Items once. But if you're looking for a faster way to do this, you can use, for instance, Color Toolbars or Action Shortcuts ...

Last edited by solger; 06-12-2017 at 11:30 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote